User Tag List

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you're cutting, you're not going to be gaining as much size, so hypertrophy workouts might seem counterintuitive, but if you're running cycles you can actually gain some size at the same time (from what I understand - I've never done one. I'm here to learn in that regard). Also, even if you don't gain any size, intense hypertrophy is good for maintaining size and losing weight.

One good trick though is to add one of the big compound lifts (squats, bench, deads, OHP) at the beginning of the workout and do a power setup like 5/3/1 for 3-4 sets, then switch over to hypertrophy for the rest of the workout. Helps to maintain peak strength IMO.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 necropuppy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Necropuppy's training log

Quote Originally Posted by AttackonHill View Post
    When you're cutting, you're not going to be gaining as much size, so hypertrophy workouts might seem counterintuitive, but if you're running cycles you can actually gain some size at the same time (from what I understand - I've never done one. I'm here to learn in that regard). Also, even if you don't gain any size, intense hypertrophy is good for maintaining size and losing weight.

One good trick though is to add one of the big compound lifts (squats, bench, deads, OHP) at the beginning of the workout and do a power setup like 5/3/1 for 3-4 sets, then switch over to hypertrophy for the rest of the workout. Helps to maintain peak strength IMO.
    Yeah I do my main lifts first. Always. I'm going to look into the power style lifting. I briefly looked at 5-3-1, looked overly complicated. It's the weekend so I'm going to go over it again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back day:

I was totally not feeling today, maybe because upped by dosage of Prami last night to 1ml (.5mg/ml), maybe because I've been out of PWO. I don't know. I took half a cap of DMAA and 1ml of Wes' aquaburn and hit the gym. As soon as I get there I see some fucker doing curls in the squat rack....

deads:
    135 x 10
    225 x 10
    275, 3 x 5
    315 x 2 - was trying for 3 but failed.

incline bench curls:
    30, 3 x 5. These were harder than I thought.

DB rows:
    55, 3x10

BB drag curls:
    normal grip: 40, 3x10 <- these put a strain on my wrists. next time I think I'll use the EZ bar, see how that feels.
    reverse grip: 40, 3x10

lat pull downs:
    85 x 5
    70, 2x10

I just wasn't feeling it. None of the hot cardio bunnies were there either. Nil motivation.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Bucks's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necropuppy's training log

It's funny how you can drag your ass into the gym saying why did I even come in today and then several hot ass chicks are lifting ( my gym cardio and weights are separated ) and it's like fuck it were doing a heavy day today!

Love it !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bucks View Post
    It's funny how you can drag your ass into the gym saying why did I even come in today and then several hot ass chicks are lifting ( my gym cardio and weights are separated ) and it's like fuck it were doing a heavy day today!

Love it !
    I totally agree! I love to show off. Who doesn't Lol.

It's great my gym because the half cardio area has a direct view of the free weights. So you can see all the staring.

I never actually talk to them, or any one else in the gym though, I go to lift and I'm in my zone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy fuck, it talked my mom who's yoga teacher about my muscles thing, she let me use her foam roller. That thing is fucking amazing.

I looked up SI joint foam roller exercises. Gonna see if that helps. Also booked an appt to a deep tissue massage.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 BoneDaddy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wes' Aquaburn is no joke, right??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy View Post
    Wes' Aquaburn is no joke, right??
    No its not. If I didn't know any better I'd say it had albuterol in it. Lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regular chest day:

Took full cap of DMAA today and Wes' aquaburn. my PWO should be here today, LGI Fully Loaded. I love that shit.

DB Press:
    35 x 20
    70, 3 x 10
    75, 2 x 5

Gironda Dips:
    4 x 10

Tricep cable ext W bar:
    120 x 10
    130 x 10
    140 x 10

Cable Flys:
    60, 2 x 10
    70, 3 x 5

Sven Presses:
    2 10lb plates, 3 x 10

Skull crushers:
    40, 3 x 12

Good day, would have done more ran out of time.
    Last edited by necropuppy; 07-28-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Bucks's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necropuppy's training log

Quote Originally Posted by Bucks View Post

Love it !

Thought about this post today as I set in the gym parking lot for 30mins just doing work saying maybe lift tomorrow!

It was leg day and then the lifting bunnies started lifting. OMG the one trainer looks like DLB!

Holy shit something switched on big time ! Heavy day lots of sets and I didn't use a PW. Legs are shaking, walking like I just blew 3 nuts!

Must be all that Trest pumping inside LOL!