User Tag List

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 necropuppy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking of changing up my workout to something i've never tried before... Any input/suggestions guys?

Back/chest - deadlifts, db flat press, db rows, dips, lat pull down, flys
    legs - squats, Romanian dead lifts, leg ext, calfs, leg curls
    back/ incline chest/abs - snatch deads, db incline press, incline flys, db pull overs, ab work
    Arms/shoulders - biceps/tris, military presses, arnold presses, delt work, farmers walk
    REPEAT! (except on thursday, yoga day)
    Last edited by necropuppy; 07-30-2014 at 01:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back/Chest day:

I need to cut down on the exercises I'm doing because I'm combining them. I couldn't do deads today because legs, hamstrings in particular, and lower back are sore as a motherfucker.

I was somewhat confused about what exactly lat pulldowns where, so when I mentioned them in earlier posts those werent lat pull downs, those were what I can only describe them as 'lat pushdowns', basically you're at where you do lat pulldowns, standing, with arms extended at 2 O'clock position and you push down keeping your arms straight until there down at like a 5 o'clock position...

Lat pulldowns:
    130, 3 x 5 front of neck
    130, 3 x 5 behind neck

DB flat presses:
    35 x 20
    70, 2 x 10
    75, 2 x 10 - Wrist was fucking killing me. need a break from these.

Bench press:
    185 x 10

DB rows:
    55, 3 x 10

Gironda Dips:
    3 x 10

Lat pushdowns:
    70, 3 x 10

Pec deck:
    100, 3 x 10
    115 x 5

I wasn't feeling it to begin with today, and I felt like I overloaded my CNS, so I stopped and went home. I need to refine these to core exercises and then do accessory work on other days.

I got my peps, so now I'm on 100mcg Sermorelin + 100mcg Ipamorelin once post workout, once prebed.
    Last edited by necropuppy; 07-31-2014 at 11:38 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a big fan of the back/chest combo as a mainstay. The muscle groups are too taxing on me to hit both at the same go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear that. and I think it may be too much for me. But I'm going to give it a shot. If anything I'll go with a well established program like Cube or 5-3-1. I mean the training I have been doing has been working for me, but maybe there's something more effective.

I basically need a bigger chest (who doesn't) but I've been limited by my previous shoulder injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome day at the gym today. Killed arms like I've never before. high volume to low reps with high weight, isolation exercises, exercises starting from fully contracted muscles and starting fully elongated, reverse grips normal grips. I did everything I could think of. My arms were so pumped when I left, never seen my arms so big.

To add to all that, the gym was nearly empty for this time of the morning, and the fit chicks were working out in the free weights area. What would be better than that? Sick pumped arms on arm day to show off for the fit chicks and very few dudes who were larger than me to boot. Ego boost: +1000.

Peps are definitely working. I would have thought from chest/back day yesterday I would be sore, I'm not at all, my muscles are a little bit tight, but that's it. So I'm making a resolution to go fucking ape for the next month and kill the fuck outta everyday. Fuck it. It''s on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was planning on going ape today again, however last might I had dinner with a girl who lives my apt complex who I see around a lot and she accidentally gave me a pot brownie. I haven't blazed in years, so I got totally fucked up. She was DTF but I was way too out of it. Woke up today with no drive whatsoever. Forced myself to go the gym after falling asleep twice getting ready.

I don't know what I'm doing with my training. I still feel stoned, so today's workout made no sense. I'm going back to my old training with the exception of arms having their own day. I loved that...

Incline bench BB:
    135, 3 x 10
    155, 2 x 5
    185 x 3

Incline DB flys:
    30, 2 x 10
    35, 2 x 10

Snatch deadlifts:
    135, 2 x 15 - high intensity.

DB pullovers:
    60, 3 x 10

High pulley lateral ext:
    20, 3 x 12
    30, 2 x 5

Machine overhead press:
    2 plates, 2 x 10
    4 plates, 2 x 5

At the end i'm confused as to what the fuck I'm training and have no interest to do anymore. Left the gym aggravated.
    Last edited by necropuppy; 08-02-2014 at 02:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Skipped the gym today. Rest day, has been maybe 3 weeks. I think I might just rest every Sunday.

Do you really need a rest day if you train a different muscle group everyday? Or just to give your cns a break?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, rest days are important. Training every day non stop will get to you after a while. Everyone is different and there are multiple factors, but at the end of the day, you should take a break from time to time.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if you're on heavy gear and thus recover faster, rest days always do wonders. imo at least 2 rest days a week.

Finally caught up with this whole thread! I did everything except heroin, but I've seen what it did to some close friends of mine back in the days. Very happy to see how you turned 180 degrees with your training and those pictures look damn good bro!

I'll be following

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    Even if you're on heavy gear and thus recover faster, rest days always do wonders. imo at least 2 rest days a week.

Finally caught up with this whole thread! I did everything except heroin, but I've seen what it did to some close friends of mine back in the days. Very happy to see how you turned 180 degrees with your training and those pictures look damn good bro!

I'll be following
    Thanks bro. This is my new addiction!

I think both of you are right, so I rescheduled my workout two include 2 rest days, thursdays and sundays.

I took yesterday off to get a massage, felt awesome, but I'm still experiencing major pain in my SI joint, so I might be skipping leg day and just doing body weight exercises, stretching and yoga until the pain subsides.

Chest day. I'm combining incline chest and flat chest day so I can free up a day for solely for arms.

Flat DB press:
    35 x 20
    70, 2 x 10
    75, 3 x 5
    80, 2 x 5 - PR. was going for 3x3 but I got 5.

DB flys:
    25, 2 x 10
    35, 2 x 10

Dips:
    3 x 10

Machine overheard press wile waiting for an incline bench:
    1 plate x 15 alternating arms
    2 plates x 10 ""

Incline DB press:
    45, 2 x 10

Incline flys:
    30, 2 x 10

DB Pull over:
    65, 2 x 10 - was shooting for 3 sets, and then some Sven presses after, but ran out of gas.

I'm experimenting with the peptides 3x daily. Hopefully this will increase fat loss and recovery. I somehow misplaced my Clen, or someone stole it, not sure. I was going to throw in some Clen for the end of this run, but I suppose I can't unless it shows up somewhere.

Edit : just weighed in, 210 @ 13.6% bf (digital assessment)

Was at 204 same bf. I stopped cutting and I'm eating at maintenance, so I actually put on 6 lb of muscle in the past 3 to 4 weeks.
    Last edited by necropuppy; 08-05-2014 at 10:47 AM.