User Tag List

Threaded View

Established Member Feedback Score 0 necropuppy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took the past two days off because of some stomach bug/discomfort I'd been having, It was affecting my sleep and draining my energy. I took a bunch of pro-biotics and rested up. Feeling about 90% today so I hit the gym.

Back day:

Deadlift - I stopped using gloves for everything but deadlifts, planning on switching to straps, but never picked any up. Today I thought I brought my gloves but I couldn't find them when I got to the gym, so these are raw. Surprised by weights cause I hit a PR raw.

135 x 10
    225 x 10
    315 x 5 , rep PR
    335 x 3, rep PR
    345 failed. distracted by a tight looking blond shorty on ass machine, direct line of site.
    345 alternate grip x 1 - never have tried alternate grip before. worked in my favor.
    355 alternate grip x 1 - PR! shot for the moon while blond shorty was watching. Nailed it.

Bent over row:
    overhand 135 x 10
    underhand 135 x 10 - Got debilitating lower back pumps.

Lat pushdowns:
    70, 3 x 10
    85 x 5

Back pumps got so bad and were not going away had to leave gym. Bittersweet day, hit PRs on raw deads, and I was amped for more, but I couldn't push through the back pump pain. Came to the conclusion my lower back needs to be focused on and strengthened. I'm thinking this, my hamstrings and my glutes all contribute to my lower back pain and SI joint issues.

Does any one have any suggestions on exercises for strengthening lower back?
    Last edited by necropuppy; 08-13-2014 at 04:59 PM.