User Tag List

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A herbal medicine, saikokaryukotsuboreito, improves serum testosterone levels and aff

https://www.facebook.com/pklima.fitness

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hat down to anyone who can pronounce that name.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Mad Mardigan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    psycho carry you gots you burrito. That's how I think it would sound.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
    psycho carry you gots you burrito. That's how I think it would sound.
    Hat down to you for intelligent response.

As for "psychocarryyougotsyouburrito" - by some research it does not really raise serum testosterone but it seems that it helps with some other parameters and does have some other benefits.

Clinical trial of treatment with saikokaryukotsub... [Aging Male. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI

Change in cytokine levels after administration of... [Aging Male. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI
    Last edited by Jelisej; 09-28-2014 at 04:00 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Mad Mardigan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys ever play Street Fighter 2 back in the day? When Ken or Ryu does the crazy spin kick move they yell "psycho carry you got's you burrito!"

Interesting for sure but I feel like I've heard this all before.

In the first abstract I'm basically seeing that there is an herb, that when given in high doses to mice, "multiple measures of sexual behavior were enhanced" and "the expression of StAR was also increased"

Cool.

I like the second abstract if just for the reason the study was conducted with eugonadal patients over 40. Although I am not very familiar with the Aging Males' Symptoms (AMS) scale, Self-rated Depression Scale (SDS), International Prostate Symptom Score (IPSS), and King's Health Questionnaire (KHQ), what intrigues me the most is: "The serum concentrations of testosterone fractions did not change with treatment" but improved symptoms? Quality of life? I'll have to read up on the different scales scores and questionnaires.

Now the third study seems to reinforce the second one posted in the fact that "In the SKRBT group, although the total AMS score was significantly decreased, testosterone did not change". But.. the increase in cytokines improves symptoms of late-onset hypogonadism. Hmm. Would def like to see more studies.

Once again mice and rats seem to have a leg up on humans when given exotic herbs. If only..

Thanks for posting!