Hey guys. I'm going to keep this really brief, I'm one of the finasteride guys. From that forum. I found and devoured everything cdnuts had to say, got the hell off of that nasty site and now I have a plan together to figure it out. I started lurking here a few days ago and realised you guys are actually pretty awesome, inspirational for someone like me really.
I have a few nutritional questions because tbh I've treated my body like shit for a long time, in fact, I've spent a few years just existing, eating crappy food (maybe 1000 calories a day from the worst places) and making shitty life choices etc. So I've decided to man up and ask some questions.

I'm trying to put together a paleo diet but theres a lot of conflicting information about diet on the internet. It's very difficult to decide what's going to be right for my situation. Cdnuts recommends paleo and carb backloading, I understand that and I'm altering my diet as such but I'm still really quite confused about a few things.

1) on my non workout days, do I eat just enough carbs to keep me out of ketosis? I'm carrying a few extra pounds, nothing to drastic but enough that it has to go before I can progress much further with my plans.

2) Can anyone recommend any literature, books, articles, anything that explains the logic behind these concepts and decent nutrition in more depth? I'm one of those guys who can do something if he's told to do it, but if I know why.. I'm a hell of a lot more productive. In the end there's a lot of misinformation, it's pretty obvious you guys have that stuff figured out pretty damned well.

3) On my paleo diet how much fat is to much fat? I primarily use extra virgin olive oil, kg butter and extra virgin coconut oil to cook with and eat a lot of nuts, seeds etc. Not sure how much of that is

4) Am I cool primarily getting my fruits and veggies from green smoothies? I'm not used to eating very much during the day as my diet has sucked for years, green smoothies have been a great way for me to get a huge amount of veggies in my body without having to make a meal of it so to speak.

I've a few more questions and i'm hoping to be able to contribute as much as possible as time progresses. I'm not as totally screwed as some who've been hit by this have been but I'm in a pretty bad place right now and I'm willing to do anything possible to get back to my old self. I'm 25 years old and I feel like i'm eighty.

If the information is already on the forum, I'm sorry for starting this thread but my brain is pretty slow a lot of the time these days. I have more questions that I'll ask in the appropriate section as time goes by but this right now is the most important.

Thanks a lot guys, sorry if the post is a little incoherent but I feel like I'm thinking through treacle a lot of the time.

Cheers.