User Tag List

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fasten Your Seatbelt - New Attack on Supplements coming?

My reading of this article - particularly the failure to clearly distinguish between ordinary nutritional supplements and AAS and the unsubstantiated claims regarding the ostensibly widespread adulteration of nutritional supplements with hormonal elements - suggests there is another storm brewing in know-nothing land:

Teenage Boys, Worried About Body Image, Take Health Risks - NYTimes.com

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) milehighguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only reason another storm might be brewing is because idiots write articles like that one. I hope my son lifts weights in high school. I learned how to lift while playing football and wouldn't change a thing.

So this moron would rather have kids watch TV, eat ding dongs, and get fat! Retarded!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, in my opinion this article has lot of truth in it.
    Quite a few teeneagers and what I call youngsters are jumping on ph's/roids bandwagon, some of them did not have a clue what are they doing and did not recover- I think we all need to pay more attention to that as in the end we will all suffer, as it looks everything will be illegal soon. I used to buy peptides from e-bay, but no more. One day I'll need prescription for them , and probably I'll pay 3X more for them.
    Last edited by Jelisej; 11-20-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fasten Your Seatbelt - New Attack on Supplements coming?

Supplement regulation and the attack on hormonal products speaks to the larger issue of this country, namely, personal accountability. We're becoming another nanny nation because of people's inability or unwillingness to accept personal responsibility for their actions. I don't think that most people realize that when they give up personal accountability they're also giving up their individual empowerment. When we surrender our personal empowerment we acquiesce to the will of those individuals or institutions who are more than happy to assume that power. Like lambs being fattened for the slaughter, most of society is simply too stupid to realize the consequences of relinquishing personal control of individual rights and liberties.

People are fucking sheep. It's sad. The United States used to be the country you went to to be free. It was worth the possibility of starving or being perpetually poor or not being successful if that meant that you got to live outside of the tyranny suffered by the rest of the world. Today's perception of what freedom means is so contorted, so distorted, we really have no perception of how beautiful freedom truly is. My fear is that the Grand Experiment is dead and that, in the end, people would rather be ruled and "safe," than free. Being a serf is, after all, easier than being king of your own destiny.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdon1588 View Post
    People are fucking sheep.
    Tool fans will enjoy this, it is an intro to a song and I love it:

Think for yourself.
    Question authority.

Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening,
    terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in
    this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities, the political, the
    religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by
    giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their
    view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and
    learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness;
    chaotic, confused, vulnerability, to inform yourself.

Think for yourself.
    Question authority.
    I actually quoted this on my facebook page (don't judge me) and it was taken down. I had a good laugh.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Eden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am appalled by the average person blatant lack of any responsibility. The total belief in all things being the fault of others. But I mean what can you expect when even our presidents play the blame game. I agree with you mac. We are all too willing to give up freedom for "safety".

"He who would sacrifice liberty for safety deserves neither" Benjamin Franklin.