User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TRT & post cycle questions

Hypothetically, if someone is on TRT, lets says Androgel(mild conversion to DHT), and they run 8 weeks of Trest or Max LMG, or any of the like, would they need to worry about estrogen rebound after the cycle is over, if they never went off TRT? Technically estrogen rebound comes from a spike in estrogen when everything rises in PCT, but if someone is on TRT during cycle, and there is no drastic reduction of test or E2 during cycle because of TRT, is Estrogen or Progesterone sides really likely in PCT or Post PCT?

Also, what PCT would be recommended for anyone who's on TRT?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wagon241 View Post
    Hypothetically, if someone is on TRT, lets says Androgel(mild conversion to DHT), and they run 8 weeks of Trest or Max LMG, or any of the like, would they need to worry about estrogen rebound after the cycle is over, if they never went off TRT? Technically estrogen rebound comes from a spike in estrogen when everything rises in PCT, but if someone is on TRT during cycle, and there is no drastic reduction of test or E2 during cycle because of TRT, is Estrogen or Progesterone sides really likely in PCT or Post PCT?

Also, what PCT would be recommended for anyone who's on TRT?

Anyone???

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Mad Mardigan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are on trt then a pct is unnecessary. I would always be prepared for any raise in estrogen when playing with hormones, regardless of possible rebound or not. Better to be ready and not need it then the other way around.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no pct needed....

just keep an eye on e2 and maybe prolactin sides depending on what you run. keep that liver healthy, water water water!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    no pct needed....

just keep an eye on e2 and maybe prolactin sides depending on what you run. keep that liver healthy, water water water!

I understand no PCT is "needed". But during a normal PCT, everyone takes something for estrogen control. My question is, if PCT isnt needed due to being on TRT, then is taking an AI, or Anti-Estro necessary after the cycle of a progesterone like Trest/Max lmg? Obviously these ancillaries should always be on hand, but is it needed, if theres no symptoms? Also for the prolactin issues, would it be best to run during, post, or both?
    Last edited by wagon241; 11-24-2014 at 07:50 AM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If person is on TRT than he is monitoring E2 levels and probably is taking AI already, also after cycle person on TRT after cycle will be back on his normal testosterone levels while for "naturals" it will take a few weeks or even longer, depending. Point of PCT is to make it quicker a bit, and to refresh receptors a bit.

There is no medication that lowers progesterone levels. If someone is on trt and after cycle has build up of progesterone he will need to take bit higher dose of testosterone to raise DHT a bit, while natural person (on PCT) will have to endure lack of libido or other symptoms till progesterone clears, which can take a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^jelisej, for a run with something like tren, would running test only at a dose which allows libido to stay intact for a while before coming off allow for progesterone to clear and thus a less difficult PCT?

like perhaps

test + tren wk 1-8
    test only cycle dose 8-12
    test only TRT dose 12-16
    pct week 16 and beyond?

sorry for hijack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^jelisej, for a run with something like tren, would running test only at a dose which allows libido to stay intact for a while before coming off allow for progesterone to clear and thus a less difficult PCT?

like perhaps

test + tren wk 1-8
    test only TRT dose 12-16
    pct week 16 and beyond?

sorry for hijack
    By all means bro! Im interested as well. I just know that most that are prescribed Androgel 1.62, arent prescribed an AI, but do have levels checked regularly. IE: My trt is low dosed AG1.6, 60mg ED, and have never been scripted for an AI. The reason I love AG1.6 is because it has a decent conversion to DHT, and #1 side effect is a positive libido!
    Last edited by wagon241; 11-24-2014 at 07:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm under the impression that androgel as a test base would probably result in less progesterone and prolactin issue than using injectable T, because of the increased DHT conversion (or ratio)

what are your levels at on 60 mg ed?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

like perhaps
    test + tren wk 1-8
    test only TRT dose 12-16
    pct week 16 and beyond?
    sorry for hijack
    I can only give you a speculative answer because an insufficient data and all different variables, tough theoretically your suggestion does make sense, I definitely agree with idea of using tren in first half of cycle only, which would help a lot- also I think problem could be reduced by not using too much tren.
    Also it depends of persons metabolic rate- if persons metabolic rate is a good than progesterone should cascade into other hormones, by the time of PCT (hopefully).
    Last edited by Jelisej; 11-24-2014 at 07:43 PM.