Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multivitamins

Established Member Feedback Score 0 entropy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pman42 View Post
    I think of multis as an insurance policy. even though you have insurance on your home doesn't mean you smoke in bed or cook on open flames inside. similarly, a multi doesn't give you permission to eat a shitty diet. It's always a good idea to eat lots of brightly-colored foods, especially greens and berries. I usually eat a "dinosaur salad" for dinner that is a huge bowl of kale, arugula, mixed baby greens, topped with olives and peppers. right now i'm eating local-grown garlic and eggs. but even that is not ideal. where I live, soil is so deficient in selenium that animals must be given a supplement if they eat only locally-grown hay. so if i were to eat a 100% local diet ("ideal" in some respects) I might end up deficient. of course I do eat fruit and veggies from various places around the world so that is not a reality, but even then, declining levels in soil (google 'topsoil erosion') as well as nutrient losses during transport mean that my food probably has fewer nutrients than my grandparents' did. so taking a well-designed multi becomes a good option.

Most multis are a piss-poor amalgamation of bad forms of nutrients, unbalanced dosages, poor bioavailability, and unnecessary fillers (for example I'll never understand why most BBing brands add colorings to tablets and capsules). The one I have found that is reasonable-ish is AOR Multi Basics. It's not high-potency enough for my liking but at least it doesn't have any glaring omissions. I take a handful of other supps separately. I'm convinced these supplements add quality to my life because I've felt the effects, and I'm banking on the fact that they add quantity as well. the cost per month is under $50, well less than some people spend on lotto tickets, which yield the vast majority of them nothing.
    you should definitely look at orange triad bro. Its pricier than most of the other multis out there but its the only thing i'd ever use, might be high enough potency for you.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multivitamins

Amazon had a pretty good deal on it.. Like 26$ for 280. But I take 6 a day... So it's like 45 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orange Triad looks allright but a few things I don't like about it:

o Doesn't state content of E vitamers other than alph-tocopherol. this means they are probably low-dosed
    o No dose of lutein given, probably fairy-dusted
    o Vitamin K as Phytonadione (should be MK7 for heart and bone health)
    o Folate as folic acid and not methylfolate (I feel MUCH better when I take 800-1000mcg methylfolate)
    o I already take MSM by the teaspoon so this just adds to capsule count

I do like the inclusion of glucosamine/chondroitin and Methylcobalamin. overall B vitamins and minerals look good. Just not worth the $$ considering the separate things i take, and adding methyfolate and MK7 to it would push the cost up too high for my liking
    o I'd like more chromium