Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wasn't expecting it is all

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ran across an article earlier that cited a Pubmed study link on the effect of sorghum on DHT. Turns out there's evidence that it significantly increases the enzyme 5-a reductase, and thus, boosts DHT levels.

The study cited in the article said that sorghum increased 5-a enzyme expression by 54% in vitro

STUDY HERE:

Phenotypic classification of male pseudohermaphroditism due to ster... - PubMed - NCBI

Entropy, CD, were you guys aware of this?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 entropy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freepressright View Post
    Ran across an article earlier that cited a Pubmed study link on the effect of sorghum on DHT. Turns out there's evidence that it significantly increases the enzyme 5-a reductase, and thus, boosts DHT levels.

The study cited in the article said that sorghum increased 5-a enzyme expression by 54% in vitro

STUDY HERE:

Phenotypic classification of male pseudohermaphroditism due to ster... - PubMed - NCBI

Entropy, CD, were you guys aware of this?
    I was aware but I'm not entirely sure how to use it. I was thinking about grabbing some Sorghum flour and maybe baking with it when carb night rolls around?

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Was not aware.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    getting on the protein pancakes pronto

sorghum flour
    coconut flour
    baking powder
    frozen blueberries
    whole eggs
    cottage cheese

hope its good.

ill let yall know how it goes

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be anxiously awaiting report on your results. The study results came over a three-month period.

On another note, we ask the question how testosterone and DHT ever got implicated in prostatic hyperplasia and prostate cancer. I decided to look it up yesterday. Turns out, all the bullshit spewed by many medical providers and completely exploited by the nutrition industry was based on ONE, yes ONE study done in 1941.

This breakthrough study didn't even use people, for Christ's sake. It used dogs.

That study concluded that dogs with no gonads have no problems with their prostates, therefore humans who have low testosterone ie. “inactive testicles” should also be protected from the horrible effects of enlarged prostate. Some real science right there, right?

How in the fuck is a medical study on dogs that was conducted SEVEN decades ago still being believed as factual medicine today? This goes back to what I said earlier, though, about most doctors being illiterate of andrology. That's why we saw Burlyman last year struggling with TRT protocols that should have been a no brainer and easily resolved.

Luckily, a doc with some common sense started exploring all studies on the subject of testosterone and prostate enlargement over a 66-year period and concluded that there has never been a scientific basis for the belief that testosterone causes prostate enlargement.

STUDY LINK HERE: Testosterone and Prostate Cancer: An Historical Perspective on a Modern Myth - European Urology

Looking at it closer, he found that men with low test were actually the ones having prostatic issues. He also concluded that men with low T who are undergoing TRT see big improvements in their prostate health when their test goes up (probably provided E2 is under control).

A Harvard study essentially agreed: Is low serum free testosterone a marker for high grade prostate can... - PubMed - NCBI

And so did this one, from Africa: Low serum testosterone and a younger age predict for a poor outcome... - PubMed - NCBI

Let's not leave out the Germans: [Testosterone replacement therapy and prostate cancer. The current ... - PubMed - NCBI

And with that, I'll throw out a big FUCK YOU to the idiot supplement manufacturers who exploit this myth and contribute to the war on DHT with their saw palmetto, pumpkin seed and other bullshit DHT controllers in supposedly pro-testosterone supplements.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 entropy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is pretty typical for the medical industry. I'm not sure about you guys but here in the UK, the ranges for Total T are about eighty years old and taken from one group of around 100 men of various ages. According to the ranges providing a 25 year old man with 11nmol (317ng) and a man with 25nmol (720ng) are both equally healthy.

It's awful really.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Testofen - I think it sucks, personally

I'll be anxiously awaiting report on your results. The study results came over a three-month period.

On another note, we ask the question how testosterone and DHT ever got implicated in prostatic hyperplasia and prostate cancer. I decided to look it up yesterday. Turns out, all the bullshit spewed by many medical providers and completely exploited by the nutrition industry was based on ONE, yes ONE study done in 1941.

This breakthrough study didn't even use people, for Christ's sake. It used dogs.

That study concluded that dogs with no gonads have no problems with their prostates, therefore humans who have low testosterone ie. “inactive testicles” should also be protected from the horrible effects of enlarged prostate. Some real science right there, right?

How in the fuck is a medical study on dogs that was conducted SEVEN decades ago still being believed as factual medicine today? This goes back to what I said earlier, though, about most doctors being illiterate of andrology. That's why we saw Burlyman last year struggling with TRT protocols that should have been a no brainer and easily resolved.

Luckily, a doc with some common sense started exploring all studies on the subject of testosterone and prostate enlargement over a 66-year period and concluded that there has never been a scientific basis for the belief that testosterone causes prostate enlargement.

STUDY LINK HERE: Testosterone and Prostate Cancer: An Historical Perspective on a Modern Myth - European Urology

Looking at it closer, he found that men with low test were actually the ones having prostatic issues. He also concluded that men with low T who are undergoing TRT see big improvements in their prostate health when their test goes up (probably provided E2 is under control).

A Harvard study essentially agreed: Is low serum free testosterone a marker for high grade prostate can... - PubMed - NCBI

And so did this one, from Africa: Low serum testosterone and a younger age predict for a poor outcome... - PubMed - NCBI

Let's not leave out the Germans: [Testosterone replacement therapy and prostate cancer. The current ... - PubMed - NCBI

And with that, I'll throw out a big FUCK YOU to the idiot supplement manufacturers who exploit this myth and contribute to the war on DHT with their saw palmetto, pumpkin seed and other bullshit DHT controllers in supposedly pro-testosterone supplements.
    Great work man.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wonder if this would do the trick.....

Redbridge beer label - Google Search

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah here in Britain all doctors appear to have been trained to check prostate before giving out HRT for fear of causing prostate cancer. My doctor checked me out before saying "Yep, you are fine to receive HRT" To which i replied: Fuck off you cock. - actually i didn't say that, but the rest happened, and he really wanted to give me HRT - i didn't even want it or ask for it!

On another note, re: Sorghum and DHT - i've been taking that for the last couple of months, and i did notice an improvement in my condition after i started taking it. Actually i take white sorghum syrup - which is basically sorghum extract, and is used for gluten free homebrewing. It is sweet and i use a teaspoon in coffee and hot chocolate. It is very cheap too.