User Tag List

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SHBG questions

Established Member Feedback Score 0 entropy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    English, the "you need to spread some reputation around" thing scope posted was in reference to the fact that Jelisej knows more about hormones than most endocrinologists, therefore gets given so much rep the forum tells people to spread it around before giving more to Jel. He's really the forums resident hormonal genius.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    English, the "you need to spread some reputation around" thing scope posted was in reference to the fact that Jelisej knows more about hormones than most endocrinologists, therefore gets given so much rep the forum tells people to spread it around before giving more to Jel. He's really the forums resident hormonal genius.

Thanks for a kind words.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, maybe i need some tuition in forums, because i still have no idea what the "spread the rep" means in practical terms, ie how do you "spread it around?". I am simply using the quick reply function, i'm not intentionally kicking everything back to jelisej, surely it is up to him whether he responds or whether someone else does - i thought it was an open forum. Please could someone explain in child like terms me what i am doing wrong. I thought i was simply responding in the only way possible - by replying.

I hate to think i'm doing something wrong/offending anyone etc. I simply don't know what i am doing wrong.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, just discovered the reputation button, but i hadn't used that at all before the comment "already!!! spread the rep" so not sure what i had done at that point.

I want to be a good forum member but please bear with me as i am new to this.

Thanks for the advice on AI's and particularly the drinking link with SHBG which makes sense. I read elsewhere the opposite, however there is some serious amount of bullshit around on the internet. From today i no longer drink alcohol. I would love to say i am T total but i gave up caffeine over a year ago, what has my life become?!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update, after much thought i am now taking very low does anastrozole (0.25mg EOD for 10 days) and graduating until i find the sweet spot. I intended to try and do it with diet, however almost all natural anti aromatase foods are also anti DHT (the opposite of what i wish to achieve post finasteride)
    I also have Letrozole (femara) and will try that if anastrozole fails to give a response (in case it is bunk)
    I will continue with lifting and HIIT routines, high quality high protein and fat diet etc. to keep T rising and see what happens.
    I picked Let/Ananastrozole by the way, over the AI suggested by jelisej because i trawled for post fin sufferers having success with AI's, and i found a number of them with success with those compounds, however i will be indebted to Jelisej should this general AI approach work, so thanks again for the advice. I will report back, and any comments or support etc. will be appreciated.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should choose aromasin/exemestane IMO, as it can further bring SHBG down, and it does not have a negative impact on lipide profile. And is much easier to dose and there is no "rebound" effect.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelisej View Post
    You should choose aromasin/exemestane IMO, as it can further bring SHBG down, and it does not have a negative impact on lipide profile. And is much easier to dose and there is no "rebound" effect.
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.....

Established Member Feedback Score 0 entropy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jel, what's your opinion on the finasteride issue in general? Considering its a progesterone based steroid iirc, could this essentially just be super deca dick?

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) tallstraw's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelisej View Post
    After being schooled thoroughly on this by Dr. Scally(hopefully you know who that is) and other medical professionals, apparently estrogen rebound "isn't a thing"

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) tallstraw's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The concept of estrogen rebound, as caused by an AI isn't backed by credible evidence. Apparently it's as simple as that.