Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: SHBG questions

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tallstraw View Post
    The concept of estrogen rebound, as caused by an AI isn't backed by credible evidence. Apparently it's as simple as that.
    Ok, but can you give some details please, what happens when E2 gets unbound, aromatase life or any details or research that will shade light...
    Thanks.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) tallstraw's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I deactivated my facebook..wouldn't be able to find it in the group pages. might as well disregard what I said since I can't back it up with the articles from the discussion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tallstraw View Post
    I deactivated my facebook..wouldn't be able to find it in the group pages. might as well disregard what I said since I can't back it up with the articles from the discussion.
    I'm not going to disregard it, there are lot of stuff in this area that I need info on and I was hoping that you may have it- for example aromatise active/half-life etc- I can say that when using and stopping "reversible" only portion of E2 comes back, and if one was keeping too low E2 for too long (number of weeks) usually it takes long time for E2/estrogen to comes back to baseline- so "rebound" does not happen always, but sometimes does happen (IMO)- but lot of it is unknown.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 somm's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many people here at SS have gotten estrogen rebound after taking an AI?? I've never taken it so I can't comment, but real life expirience is the way to find out. Esp. anyone who has blood tests taken after PCT or an AI administration.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somm View Post
    How many people here at SS have gotten estrogen rebound after taking an AI?? I've never taken it so I can't comment, but real life expirience is the way to find out. Esp. anyone who has blood tests taken after PCT or an AI administration.
    I think lot of us saw evidence of what we call "estrogen rebound" during cycle and it happens a on PCT, but it could be that mechanism of action is different from what we think or even that "rebound" is an umbrella term covers a broad number of different but similar things.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just taking this discussion back to me taking anastrozole and maybe Let, rather than exemestane. I am first seeing if i am positively effected, as us post fin guys are affected very differently to things than normal humans - believe me - hence the hundreds of endo's scratching their confused heads all over the world.
    exemestane is my preferred choice, but i see that a number of post fin guys have had success specificially from anastrozole and let. Hence i will look for signs of a positive response. Once i know that bringing E down brings that positive response, i will look at maybe seeing if i can replicate it with exemestane, given that it does not effect lipid profile, which is obviously important to me given i may need to be on it for quite a while.
    My strategy here is purely to increase free T to a point that i can train intensely enough to build muscle and lose fat, which should leave me producing less aromatase, allowing myself to weane off any AI. My problem and that of pretty much all post fin guys (IMO) is that our T is not being converted effeciently enough to DHT, which of course is anti aromatase in itself, and this leaves us in a catch 22, needing to get our bodies to greek god level just in order to reduce E to average guy levels, whilst feeling absolutely shite, exhausted etc. Bear in mind here that i was an army PTI, bodybuilder and i even competed for my country when i was at youth level, so i know how to train hard and have been all my life - post fin though, training is a nightmare, just no intensity.
    So i plan to train harder as free T rises and allows (during use of AI), then start cycling again with DHT pro hormones such as alpha hard (presence of DHT upregulates AR's)
    So in summary, i am looking forward to going onto exemestane, but a one month testing period on the low lipid changing anastrozole should not kill me.
    By the way, i am feeling noticeably better on just 0.25mg of anastrozole EOD (after 4 days) but still far from good, so i will keep it at this dose for the 10 days due to the 50hr half life and then graduate to 0.25mg ED if no further improvement.
    Am interested in the so-called rebound effect, but i see there is some conjecture, so for now will continue my AI experiment.
    Your comments are welcomed - i need to keep learning, kid on the way in a few months so i need to get better, sharpish.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just an FYI. Res100 crushes my estrogen. Your mileage may vary.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 entropy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Just an FYI. Res100 crushes my estrogen. Your mileage may vary.
    Seconded. After 2-3 weeks need to half the dose.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I had to go even lower. I've been running a natty stack which uses Res as the backbone and I was only dosing 5mls once in the morning. I dropped down to 3mls once in the morning and did that for a few days. Saturday morning took my morning dose, went to the gym and by the time I was home I was in full blown low estro sides. Hot flashes every couple minutes right along with minor panic attacks and having to take deep breathes. Shit is no joke. I purposely drank some beers that evening and didn't take the res the next morning. By mid morning, I felt great. Haven't taken it since Saturday morning and I still feel damn good.

Not sure how my dose is going to fall now...maybe a few mls every couple days. I think the other herbs I'm on are contributing to the low estro as well. The Res just put it over the top.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 01-19-2015 at 04:18 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 entropy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's pretty insane. I'm test running it ATM with my normal herbs etc too. 2 weeks in killed my libido, old fella doing his best turtle impression, cracking joints. No anxiety etc though. Switched it up to 2ml twice a day and was back in the sweet spot within two days. Powerful stuff.