Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: SHBG questions

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    That's pretty insane. I'm test running it ATM with my normal herbs etc too. 2 weeks in killed my libido, old fella doing his best turtle impression, cracking joints. No anxiety etc though. Switched it up to 2ml twice a day and was back in the sweet spot within two days. Powerful stuff.
    I failed to mention turtle dick, but mine was doing the same impression. No libido either. Things went back to normal within 24 hours of my last dose.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 01-19-2015 at 07:49 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 entropy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope English doesn't mind us derailing his thread a little talking about low estro sides. I wouldn't like to find out what the pharma drugs can do to a person if res100 can crush estrogen like this. I think fpr is sensitive to low estro too, would be great if he could weigh in.

It must be infuriatingly difficult to keep in the sweet spot for guys on trt etc. Its really difficult to tell the difference between high and low.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 lt1head's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It must be infuriatingly difficult to keep in the sweet spot for guys on trt etc. Its really difficult to tell the difference between high and low.
    Man... one month you're in the sweet spot and next month you're double the high range limit.... It's quite the adventure!
    TRT: test cyp exem HCG 192lbs

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, in reply to the mini thread about res, yeah i've done 2 mini PCT's on that so far over the last 6 months without feeling a damn thing. I was taking 4ml twice a day for 3 weeks. It is either ineffective on me, or my E is just too high now - who knows? - anyhow, i can't afford to put more than that down my neck every day for months, so regrettably i have gone pharma, which is much stronger and miles cheaper, it also isn't one of natures anti DHT compounds which res is - just look at the hair loss community, many of whom use it regularly.
    By the way, i am feeling miles better today, libido up, and mind much sharper, almost no brain fog, each day i am feeling better than the last so i am very encouraged by the opening rounds of low dose AI. I also had a far better workout earlier today. Still miles to go, but i am starting to feel like i am heading in the right direction.
    I better point out that i started Centrepoint's Holosync program, recommended by CDSNUTS, just days before the AI, and i am enjoying that alot, so the benefit could be partly or completely down to that, i don't think so though as i too early for that programme to reap such rewards.
    It is taking a lot of willpower to not raise the AI dose and stick with the plan.

Oh, just for comedy value, i'll tell you what the NHS endo did for me when i saw him in December. He heard about my fall from normality, about my life changing symptoms etc. He viewed my bloods, and saw the same results as already outlined in this thread, and he requested more bloods for hormone and vitamin panel. I thought great, he is taking me seriously. I gave the bloods and then found he had literally just requested total T. No E, no SHBG etc. and then to cap it off i got a letter stating the next appointment is in 4 months, it even says "At which point we will discuss your latest blood results"! Fucking genius.

I reckon i'm better off with you guys by a mile.

By the way, i gauge whether my E is low or not based on whether i well up or not during each episode of Greys Anatomy. This is a very accurate method.

Question: If, as has been shown to be the case (on rat penile tissue), AR's upregulate in the present of DHT, then how does the presence of excess Estrogen effect AR's in men?- i am assuming by the way that Estrogen binds to the same AR's as T and DHT?
    I ask this because post Fin guys tend to have excess aromatase for a long time, and i wonder whether this reprograms AR's etc. to any extent, maybe making them more sensitive to E than normal folks or maybe less sensitive to T and DHT, even after E is brought down to normal levels.

I'm interested in any replies to this because my whole plan revolves around presenting my body with as much androgen as possible in order to upregulate AR's/and AR5 enzymes. I just wonder if it is E that is partly responsible for downregulation of AR's or simply because of the lack of presence of enough T/DHT for so long.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Resveratrol is not anti DHT. It's anti E. The reason the guys on hairloss sites use it is for it's purported effects on circulation and reducing inflammation.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with cd here. I'm really not sure that resveratrol has much impact on DHT if any. The hairloss community will take all sorts of crap to try and fix their hair. Res also being an anti oxidant I think they probably use it for that benefit rather than the impact on dht, which is likely negated by the increase in T from lack of aromatising.

People get emotional with low or high estrogen from what I've managed to ferret out, it's difficult to gauge based upon just one symptom bro.

I'm not sure dht has much impact on the AR either, but it does upregulate 5ar according to the studies. I'm not sure about estrogens impact on the receptor either but I think I've read somewhere that estradiol is a pretty potent 5ari itself.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i read that too, but i also read it was anti DHT more than once, i am pretty sure from the hairloss sites. Don't get me wrong, i take your word every time over those crazy fuckers but the fact is that i've tried Res with literally no noticeable result at all. I really wanted it to have some impact, but sadly it had none - on me.
    Longer term, if the positives i am experiencing from AI continue, i plan to start adding Chrysin/Dim to see how low dose AI i can get away with, apparently there is a South African brand of DIM called 13 Complex that specifically targets E2 pathways (Better than others, so says Legendary's endo from PH, who has treated Legendary with complete success, along with 2 other post fin sufferers apparently). Who knows, a couple of months of better workouts, i may be able to do without pharma AI at all, that is my aim anyhow. Right now, i need to keep on and see how things develop, for all i know this improvement in my condition may be coincidence. It wouldn't be the first time / placebo etc.
    Right now though, i am very close to feeling like my old self.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Entropy, that was a joke by the way regarding using welling up to Greys Anatomy as a gauge on E - i'm not quite that crazy. No it's gunna be fairly straight forward for me to gauge E, purely because, even with high E, my symptoms are really stable in the bedroom, and my routine is pretty fixed, from diet, exercise to supplements, i pretty much do the same thing every week. Hence if i get worse, i'm too low, and i can only be too low, otherwise, keep upping the dose.

Interesting re E being a potent ARI itself, i didn't know that. I guess E is the number one thing to control.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Agree with cd here. I'm really not sure that resveratrol has much impact on DHT if any. The hairloss community will take all sorts of crap to try and fix their hair. Res also being an anti oxidant I think they probably use it for that benefit rather than the impact on dht, which is likely negated by the increase in T from lack of aromatising.

People get emotional with low or high estrogen from what I've managed to ferret out, it's difficult to gauge based upon just one symptom bro.

I'm not sure dht has much impact on the AR either, but it does upregulate 5ar according to the studies. I'm not sure about estrogens impact on the receptor either but I think I've read somewhere that estradiol is a pretty potent 5ari itself.
    E being a potent 5a reductase enzyme? That doesn't sound quite right.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    E being a potent 5a reductase enzyme? That doesn't sound quite right.
    It's a reductase inhibitor according to the studies I've read.

Effects of sex steroids on skin 5 alpha-reductase activity in vitro. - PubMed - NCBI
    [Effect of estradiol on 5 alpha-reductase activity in osteoblast-li... - PubMed - NCBI

I'd be a little wary of DIM, English. I've read a few studies that suggest it binds to the same receptors DHT does, the studies I found were only in prostate cancer cells however.