Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: SHBG questions

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstrand View Post
    Propecia Help is down for maintenance until Sept 22nd. I log on periodically to research specific topics. Just about everything has been discussed at one point in time on the website so though it can be negative, it really is a great reference tool. In the future, I plan to give back to that community as you and others have too. I dont want to mention my name on here as I dont want to link SS with PH.
    Cool, so i take it you will post that for me then, thanks dude. Regards PH, i disagree and think it is disproportionately negative, which i now know causes much of the downward spiral. Both the designers of the site and the participants are responsible for that. If you randomly jump around that site as a guy new to PH, you can be reading for 3 or 4 hours before you find a single positive story and this makes you feel hopeless. What information it has is a whole bunch of random shit that guys are trying in desperation, cocktails of chemicals and herbs, many of which work - mainly due to placebo effect - for a short period of time, plummeting the user back into despair after a week or 2 and bringing the readers with him. Then you have the guys with brains in their heads who realise there is no silver bullet and they write about hard work, diet and a positive frame of mind, and they are jumped on by a shit load of despair mongers telling them there is no hope. One guy - Chi - who fully recovered via basically the same route as myself, cdnuts, mitch etc. tried posting a recovery story and was refused. Chi was also contacted by one of the research team and invited to make a blog regards recovery and his experience, but he was told he couldn't express his views on how he thought much of it was in the head. It seems to me that PH is an evidence base for the funding of research into the bullshit term PFS, and anything too positive or that demonstrates that PFS is actually a mentally perpetuated issue is not acceptable as this would lead to funding drying up. How is that multi million funded research going for people?!!!

I repeat, PFS is real immediately after cessation of the drug, but the continuance of symptoms is due to guys shitting themselves at their condition, understandably so, and not finding their way back out of depression/despair - same as millions of other severely depressed guys all around the world who share the same range of symptoms and the same as the millions of guys all around the world with very low T, who, guess what - share the same symptoms.

I'm an ex cop and i've seen guys killing themselves in many ways due to various reasons that pretty much all add up to severe depression and despair, and believe me, not a single one of them has had anything but despair and hopelessness on his mind at the time of his suffering. None of these guys had the urge to shag high on his list of priorities, and all of them looked like shit, felt like shit - did they have pfs? No, they were severely depressed.

PH causes depression to worsen, causes despair and hopelessness to embed themselves and in my opinion is as bad as the drug itself, despite some well meaning intentions.

For the record, 2 months after my last post, i continue to feel better and better, and am now feeling better than ever before (everything works as good as ever!). Currently learning to kite surf.

I just hope lots of sufferers read my words and those of others who recovered and realise that if they believe in recovery and do healthy things, think healthy things they will recover. Their body is programmed to do so.

I am free again. Out.
    Last edited by English; 02-05-2016 at 09:03 AM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Cool, so i take it you will post that for me then, thanks dude. Regards PH, i disagree and think it is disproportionately negative, which i now know causes much of the downward spiral. Both the designers of the site and the participants are responsible for that. If you randomly jump around that site as a guy new to PH, you can be reading for 3 or 4 hours before you find a single positive story and this makes you feel hopeless. What information it has is a whole bunch of random shit that guys are trying in desperation, cocktails of chemicals and herbs, many of which work - mainly due to placebo effect - for a short period of time, plummeting the user back into despair after a week or 2 and bringing the readers with him. Then you have the guys with brains in their heads who realise there is no silver bullet and they write about hard work, diet and a positive frame of mind, and they are jumped on by a shit load of despair mongers telling them there is no hope. One guy - Chi - who fully recovered via basically the same route as myself, cdnuts, mitch etc. tried posting a recovery story and was refused. Chi was also contacted by one of the research team and invited to make a blog regards recovery and his experience, but he was told he couldn't express his views on how he thought much of it was in the head. It seems to me that PH is an evidence base for the funding of research into the bullshit term PFS, and anything too positive or that demonstrates that PFS is actually a mentally perpetuated issue is not acceptable as this would lead to funding drying up. How is that multi million funded research going for people?!!!

I repeat, PFS is real immediately after cessation of the drug, but the continuance of symptoms is due to guys shitting themselves at their condition, understandably so, and not finding their way back out of depression/despair - same as millions of other severely depressed guys all around the world who share the same range of symptoms and the same as the millions of guys all around the world with very low T, who, guess what - share the same symptoms.

I'm an ex cop and i've seen guys killing themselves in many ways due to various reasons that pretty much all add up to severe depression and despair, and believe me, not a single one of them has had anything but despair and hopelessness on his mind at the time of his suffering. None of these guys had the urge to shag high on his list of priorities, and all of them looked like shit, felt like shit - did they have pfs? No, they were severely depressed.

PH causes depression to worsen, causes despair and hopelessness to embed themselves and in my opinion is as bad as the drug itself, despite some well meaning intentions.

For the record, 2 months after my last post, i continue to feel better and better, and am now feeling better than ever before (everything works as good as ever!). Currently learning to kite surf.

I just hope lots of sufferers read my words and those of others who recovered and realise that if they believe in recovery and do healthy things, think healthy things they will recover. Their body is programmed to do so.

Now i see someone is posting my shit on PH, this is almost certainly the last time i will ever visit this forum again, so thanks again to all those who have helped me along the way. You know who you are and we are forever linked.

I am free again. Out.
    Not sure if I should have been pissed, but I was when 5 alpha was regurgitating my posts here over at PH. In my recovery post of all places. Almost seemed as if he were a mouthpiece for that post. I didn't appreciate it at all.

Isn't it great though....feeling better then you would have ever felt had you not have gotten hit with PFS. I hate to say it, but I would never be in the shape I'm in, mental or physical, had I not had to deal with that nightmare. The things I've learned and the journey I had to go on will produce benefits for the rest of my life.

Glad to see you're doing well. Although I had no doubt about you.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Not sure if I should have been pissed, but I was when 5 alpha was regurgitating my posts here over at PH. In my recovery post of all places. Almost seemed as if he were a mouthpiece for that post. I didn't appreciate it at all.

Isn't it great though....feeling better then you would have ever felt had you not have gotten hit with PFS. I hate to say it, but I would never be in the shape I'm in, mental or physical, had I not had to deal with that nightmare. The things I've learned and the journey I had to go on will produce benefits for the rest of my life.

certainly is good yeah, oh and i meant it's good that my post is being put on PH, i see that it could sound the opposite, no i wanted that to happen as guys need to see guys recovering. I deliberately changed my passwords and e mail so i can't post on there anymore hence happy someone doing it for me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude, I want to kite surf!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is really what I'm aiming for too! I've given essentially 10 years to this crap and this will be my last year, I'm sure of it. At this time, I look pretty damn good. I have my sisters hot 18 year old friends hitting on me and texting my number. I ask " how did you get my number" and they respond "got it from your sisters phone when she wasn't looking." I'm 33, WTH LOL.
    More importantly, I see my mind has changed. Just more confident in my thoughts, hard to explain but I know you understand. I want to be able to leverage this experience to make the remainder of my life better than it could have ever been. Free from all the shit that stunted me in my past prior to this experience. It's almost been 10 years, I want to see it as an investment that I'll start bein able to cash in big time soon.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstrand View Post
    This is really what I'm aiming for too! I've given essentially 10 years to this crap and this will be my last year, I'm sure of it. At this time, I look pretty damn good. I have my sisters hot 18 year old friends hitting on me and texting my number. I ask " how did you get my number" and they respond "got it from your sisters phone when she wasn't looking." I'm 33, WTH LOL.
    More importantly, I see my mind has changed. Just more confident in my thoughts, hard to explain but I know you understand. I want to be able to leverage this experience to make the remainder of my life better than it could have ever been. Free from all the shit that stunted me in my past prior to this experience. It's almost been 10 years, I want to see it as an investment that I'll start bein able to cash in big time soon.
    Good to hear you are almost there silverstrand, and how you describe yourself now is the hardest place to get to, if you can now just free your mind and properly move on, then you will recover the remainder of yourself quickly. You really need to be at the point where you don't feel the need to tell the world someone wants your phone number - if that makes sense. This kind of occurence is normal for a young guy, and this is just normal for you now, just move on, and talk about other stuff, get a hobby - learn to kite surf, basically normalise your thoughts away from what is 10 years of exercising the same path of neurons. To do this just relax, when you think about any of this stuff, even for a moment, don't berate yourself, just allow yourself to drift to a thought about what you will eat for dinner, or looking forward to watching some sport or whatever, do this a thousand times a day if you need to, eventually you will need to do it a hundred times a day, then 10, then 5, then none. Amazingly, your libido and all other male markers will improve inversely to the number of times you need to move your thoughts to something normal - provided of course diet and exercise are both healthy. You're nearly there, but what i describe here is an important step, generally ignored by most guys who think that discussing their poor health day after day on forums is somehow going to help - good for answers, yes, but you need to cut away at some point and follow the plan....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dam ... I just came across this post and was kinda shocked by it. Thinking it through I guess I see what you are saying. Maybe it was best not to promote the following of your protocol on your old thread. Not sure if this is going to help or hurt your feelings toward me promoting your protocol but I figure I should be honest.

I did start my own thread on PH for the purpose of creating a argument free place for guys to document their experiences with trying your protocol. Unfortunately (or maybe it's a good thing) I have been to busy to log into PH lately.

Anyways I apologize if It was looking as if I was attempting to come across like I was trying to be a voice of the protocol. My objective rather was to promote healthy living free of TRT based type protocols for people to follow and used your protocol in order to do so.
    Last edited by 5 alpha victim; 02-08-2016 at 09:46 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 entropy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 alpha victim View Post
    Dam ... I just came across this post and was kinda shocked by it. Thinking it through I guess I see what you are saying. Maybe it was best not to promote the following of your protocol on your old thread. Not sure if this is going to help or hurt your feelings toward me promoting your protocol but I figure I should be honest.

I did start my own thread on PH for the purpose of creating a argument free place for guys to document their experiences with tying your protocol. Unfortunately (or maybe it's a good thing) I have been to busy to log into PH lately.

Anyways I apologize if It was looking as if I was attempting to come across like I was trying to be a voice of the protocol. My objective rather was to promote healthy living free of TRT based type protocols for people to follow and used your protocol in order to do so.
    I think it's more the way those posts are worded in such a way that it appears cd condoned it. Kinda like trying to be someone else's mouthpiece.. Thats what would've bugged me anyway.
    Cervix stabbing ftw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand. I'll take a closer look to see exactly what I wrote and see if I can have it removed.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 alpha victim View Post
    I understand. I'll take a closer look to see exactly what I wrote and see if I can have it removed.
    Listen....if it helps people great. I was, and always have been documenting my past struggles just to make a record of it and so that others could benefit from what I learned. It was also therapeutic for me to journal everything in that point in my life. It helped me and I know now, after the fact, that it continues to help others. That site helped me in the beginning and I just wanted to give back, and give those guys hope to let them know that it's not a permanent thing that they are going through. Unfortunately for some reason people saw the need to attack what I was doing.....for what reason, I still don't know. I would have loved to have someone do the same for me when I was at my lowest. I would have never saw the need to attack them though.

The way you went about it just came across kind of sneaky to me. You never mentioned that you were going back and forth posting in that thread. There is no need for you to delete anything now. What's done is done and it may very well have helped a couple people. It just seemed like you were acting as the front man for that thread and some of the stuff you were posting isn't actually 100% what I was saying at all. That's what I didn't like.

No hard feelings.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"