Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TRT Options

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TRT Options

My long term experiment with clomid has come to an end, and did not result in a restart. Within three months of coming off clomid - my free and bioavailable testosterone have dropped to the bottom end of the range - they were above midpoint for the two years I took clomid. So I am looking at getting on TRT now ( FYI - almost 55 yo )

With all the options out there ( topical gels, patches, buccal and of course injection of various compounds), what do you consider to be the best approach to take and if you have an opinion as to why I would love to hear it.

My Naturopath is in favor of a sub-lingual delivery system that is done thru a compounding pharmacy here in Calgary - it doesn't seem to be a really common approach but he swears by it - I have my doubts but they may be irrational. It does avoid the problems of oral testosterone and associated liver toxicity (apparently).

Anyways - wondering what the best regimen is as far as dealing with common sides of low test - mostly lack of concentration, fatigue, memory effects, lack of motivation.

Thanks in advance for any advice from this great group

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Test cyp. sublingual there's no way you can sustain solid levels. I'd like to be proven wrong but I just don't see it happening.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't have frequent sexual contact you can add the gel to the cyp, to boost DHT which will
    Make a difference in brain fog.

But any test replacement will probably increase your sexual contact lol

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 lt1head's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sublingual test is absorbed directly into the bloodstream, so theres no initial pass through the liver to become active. If i remember right, sublingual has a very short half life, so youd probably end up taking it multiple times a day.

on the following link, read: TRT a recipe for success. Dr john crisler is friends with my family dr and i follow his protocols.

All Things Male - Dr. Crisler's Publications
    TRT: test cyp exem HCG 192lbs

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 lt1head's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you combined test cyp injections with sublingual test you could have a decent baseline value, and then boost it up in the morning with the sublingual. Which would mimic normal test levels variations throughout the day.

If you do just sublingual you would end up with low t while you are sleeping. I do test cyp so that i have no dip in levels overnight and therefore have a much better recovery.
    TRT: test cyp exem HCG 192lbs

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hank!'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been on TRT - Fortesta for 3 years and normally test in the 300-600 range. When TRT works it will get you to what the industry considers avg, but who wants to be avg?

I was tested when I was using E-Spray (PH to DHT) my levels were in the 1100 range. Since then I am a big fan of Proviron or any DHT as a supplement to my TRT.

A another "benefit" to TRT is that if you cycle AAS or PH's you will always have a Test base to fall back on
    Last edited by Hank!; 01-07-2015 at 05:13 PM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the moment best option is injectable testosterone- either test e or cyp (whichever is available in Canada both), you start with around 100 mg a week and work your way up or down, on top of that I suggest HCG 3X a week, 250 IU to start with, 50 mg pregnenolone and AI- preferably exemestane/aromasin- dose of AI depends from person to person.

BTW restart protocol rarely works for people close to 50 and over.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't attempt a restart above age 35 honestly. I have no real basis for saying this but at that point time to feel good and not fuck around

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank! View Post
    I have been on TRT - Fortesta for 3 years and normally test in the 300-600 range. When TRT works it will get you to what the industry considers avg, but who wants to be avg?

I was tested when I was using E-Spray (PH to DHT) my levels were in the 1100 range. Since then I am a big fan of Proviron or any DHT as a supplement to my TRT.

A another "benefit" to TRT is that if you cycle AAS or PH's you will always have a Test base to fall back on
    Couldnt agree more with the DHT comment. Since starting TRT a few years ago, my entire lifestyle changed! I have been using AG1.62 for a few years, and when used correctly, is AWESOME! The gel applied to the upper shoulders and/or back is no issue at all. Passing it onto your wife, kids, etc, is damn near impossible. The shit dries in seconds, and usually wearing clothes. Also, what makes it better than straight T, is I dont need any AI, or HCG, due to a decent conversion rate to DHT. Only thing I will say, is it took about 3 months to fully get into my system at a steady level! After that, no issues what so ever!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always looked at the low dosage of test delivered by things like AndroDerm and Androgel and wondered how in the hell you could get decent results from them. Anyone have any decent numbers from transdermal TRT?

I read a bunch of reviews on topical TRT products and these guys were cheering to get 300-400. I was lucky if I found one or two guys who said they were even around 600.

If I'm going to the trouble of TRT, I want my values between 700 and 1,000. Like Hank said, why be average?

I used to be against TRT and felt like people just didn't do enough diet, exercise and supplementation. But as I'm in my mid 30s and feelings whole lot less virility than I used to, and with a woman who has more sex drive than I've ever seen (expects it at least twice a day, every day), I'm thinking TRT's going to have to be in my future.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talking with the pharmacist this week he straight up told me to try and skip the gels and go right for the injections because he's never seen over 600 and then it drops back down.

Also if you get dropped or don't have insurance for some reason Test C is WAY cheaper.

Like FPR and Hank have said "Why Be Average??"
    I want to be around 1000