User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TRT Options

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In reality its free test that counts, total testosterone does have some benefits and some research show that total test. has some receptors on its own- problem is that it cannot cross blood-brain barrier, so we dont have all benefits from just having decent tot. testosterone- so again sometimes people can be happy with 600 ng/dl, but sometimes we need more- target is to have free testosterone near or at the top range; it depends from SHBG- higher SHBG higher total testosterone is needed.
    People with low SHBG would not benefit from higher end tot. testosterone on other hand people with sky high SHBG need to be at higher end, sometimes even over the range is OK, so if someone had lets say 1 500 ng/dl, and other parameters are OK (fre test at top, not too much E2 and not to thick blood) than its OK to stay there.

With gel, as DHT goes high it drives SHBG low, and if they dont get lot of conversion to E2 then with total test of 400 ng/dl may feel great as both DHT and free test are at top, so they feel great, but overall test. injections are more reliable friend.
    Last edited by Jelisej; 01-08-2015 at 05:23 PM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelisej View Post
    In reality its free test that counts, total testosterone does have some benefits and some research show that total test. has some receptors on its own- problem is that it cannot cross blood-brain barrier, so we dont have all benefits from just having decent tot. testosterone- so again sometimes people can be happy with 600 ng/dl, but sometimes we need more- target is to have free testosterone near or at the top range; it depends from SHBG- higher SHBG higher total testosterone is needed.
    People with low SHBG would not benefit from higher end tot. testosterone on other hand people with sky high SHBG need to be at higher end, sometimes even over the range is OK, so if someone had lets say 1 500 ng/dl, and other parameters are OK (fre test at top, not too much E2 and not to thick blood) than its OK to stay there.

With gel, as DHT goes high it drives SHBG low, and if they dont get lot of conversion to E2 then with total test of 400 ng/dl may feel great as both DHT and free test are at top, so they feel great, but overall test. injections are more reliable friend.
    I was doing some reading yesterday after I made my post, and I reviewed Dr. John Crisler's paper on TRT "A Recipe for Success" and got a better understanding of gels and creams. He thinks gels are the best method of TRT out there because of the enhanced DHT conversion through the androgenic enzymes on the skin. I was also better able to understand that ester weights skew our understanding of the active testosterone in something like test cyp. A great deal of the milligrams of dosage include the ester weight. With the gels you don't have that, so you're talking about raw testosterone.

As always, J, your detailed explanation is also of great benefit to me in getting an understanding of this. You are correct in that testosterone is virtually useless if it's bound. 400 total doesn't sound like much of a number. I'd rather be up around a thousand. But I could have 400 total T and have more unbound test than the guy reading 1,000. So once again, what you post makes perfect sense.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    Talking with the pharmacist this week he straight up told me to try and skip the gels and go right for the injections because he's never seen over 600 and then it drops back down.

Also if you get dropped or don't have insurance for some reason Test C is WAY cheaper.

Like FPR and Hank have said "Why Be Average??"
    I want to be around 1000
    Excellent point on insurance. I was reading the obscene cost of Androgel, even to some with insurance. There's just no fucking excuse for it other than the stranglehold that the big pharmaceutical corporations have on us as consumers. I'd just take the damn injection and supplement Epiandro for DHT enhancement because if I lost my insurance, the oil is cheap enough I could stay on it.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hank!'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generics are out now so deductibles will fall in line. I was paying $30 a ,month using a coupon, without that discount its $50 a month. Generic will be $10 I think.

2% gel
    Endo Launches Generic Fortesta Gel - MPR

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the feedback - this board is awesome.

After years of fighting with low test and trying all the alternatives I could think of to TRT ( diet exercises herbs DAA clomid ) I decidedly would love to "not be average". My SHBG does run high - is one of my problems. I have found taking stinging nettle twice daily helps with that but am not taking any right now as I want to see where all my levels stabilize at with no supplements other than my usual vitamins.

It sounds like the ideal would be to get two doctors - one to prescribe Test Cyp injections and HCG - the other to give you a trans dermal or scrotal gel to get DHT numbers up.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IM Test is what I'm after on my appointment on 1/26 and my other doctor gave me a RX for Androgel so if my insurance approves it I'll have both on hand and will see about combining the 2 later on down the road.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jel, what are your thoughts on adding straight up dermacrine to TRT? How many mg of topical dhea/preg would you use?

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) tallstraw's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haretic..they aren't gonna give you androgel, and test cyp man...it's one or the other..and your best bet is the cyp..if you can find a doc for that..keep him on retainer lol

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    Jel, what are your thoughts on adding straight up dermacrine to TRT? How many mg of topical dhea/preg would you use?
    Defintely good idea, as matter of fact even adding it a week or two before would be wise.
    I think 50 mg (oral) of both are ok to start with and then if needed increase pregnenolone, with transdermal I think around 15-20 mg is ok to start with.
    Excessive DHEA converts to E2 a lot, so thats why I'm cautious with increasing DHEA more than 50 mg, pregnenolone also converts to DHEA as well, so increasing preg should cover it all- when progesterone reaches a top than you know thats enough. Only possible confusion can happen- when HCG dosage is to high it also raises progesterone a lot, which can make dosing of preg/hcg bit difficult.

For raising DHT there is DHT cream/gel.
    Last edited by Jelisej; 01-09-2015 at 05:12 PM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 lt1head's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelisej View Post
    For raising DHT there is DHT cream/gel.
    Is this something that can be perscribed? Can't seem to find any OTC
    TRT: test cyp exem HCG 192lbs