User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freepressright View Post
    The new law basically did this:

1. Classified a list of popular (mostly methylated) prohormones as anabolic steroids and criminalized their use, possession and sale.

2. Classified the unnamed analogs and any other hormonal products marketed for the purpose of being anabolic or androgenic as such.

From what I've seen, the devil is in the marketing. If you sell DHEA and claim that it will enhance muscle growth or compare it to a steroid, you're breaking the law. But, on the other hand, if you sell it as something that's more accepted and generally recognized as safe, you're not * technically* violating the law.

A few caveats, though...

The FDA and DEA do what they want and when they want. No one has ever been safe in this game, ever, because they can do whatever the hell they wish. So, it begs the question, is it really any bigger risk now than it ever was?

Superdrol, Halodrol and a lot of the other popular designer steroids were technically orphan drugs and not dietary supplements. Anyone who sold any of that stuff at any time was at risk of a raid, or worse. There's always that risk in this game when you have a runaway government that selectively enforces laws as grey as the people selling potentially-prohibited products.

(The above statements were not legal advice. I am not a lawyer)
    So if I am reading this correctly, if a person or persons as a supplement company were to make any of these supplements even declaring them as anti aging etc they are running a high risk especially if they are seen marketing it towards bodybuilders even if that marketing is simply word of mouth through forums, where X person says i got this result you should use it.

And by doing so they are putting their business, income, assets at risk since the new laws are likely to be more enforceable.
    So for the fact of selling something which sounds good they are risking their entire business etc.

Sounds to me like if it happens whoever does it, is willing to risk too much. Especially if as you say the FDA just do what they like when they like.
    Res100 the most powerful Testosterone Booster www.WickedSupplements.com
    We Ship World Wide! Save 10% with members only discount: SS10 Order Online: www.OnlineNutrition.com.au

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by O.N. View Post
    So if I am reading this correctly, if a person or persons as a supplement company were to make any of these supplements even declaring them as anti aging etc they are running a high risk especially if they are seen marketing it towards bodybuilders even if that marketing is simply word of mouth through forums, where X person says i got this result you should use it.

And by doing so they are putting their business, income, assets at risk since the new laws are likely to be more enforceable.
    So for the fact of selling something which sounds good they are risking their entire business etc.

Sounds to me like if it happens whoever does it, is willing to risk too much. Especially if as you say the FDA just do what they like when they like.
    No one really knows for sure. Maybe, maybe not.

Although I realize the likelihood of this happening is small, who's to say that all the cited studies on the medical benefits of trans resveratrol couldn't be used against a person selling Sustain Alpha or your similar product? The FDA has the ability to do it if they wish. It really all comes down to someone getting caught in their cross hairs for one reason or another.

And, as I said before, how many years were people selling halodrol, epistane, and all the other orphan drug designer steroids before that and didn't get a knock at their door? It's almost entirely selectively enforced.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 WesleyInman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome info in this thread keep it going.

TBH there are some copyright info that I am looking into. I do LG and IML even has some particular rights to some of the compounds we all use.

Not sure how to get around it, yet.
    I will know more tommorrow when I speak to the companies when they are open.

I am not giving up.

Anyone seen SPERWER or know how to reach him?? I haven't seen him in a long time.. he might have more info on this.
    National Sponsored Lightweight Strongman Competitor
    Prescription Nutrition Athlete and TEAM REP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I have an update.

Going back to the LG idea..it is true they own it..and the few companies that sell it besides them have to pay them a hefty "users" fee to use that product.

That is between us and please let that stay here on SS and not all over other forums.

I have approached a major manufacturer and asked them to produce this. I do not know for sure they will..but I approached them. I do have a back up plan in the works.

So I'm gonna take a few shots at it. It won't be me personally but it may or may not be a company I rep with or find myself associated with if this happens.
    You guys will be the first to know.

I may have to make a "trade" of sorts for something like this to happen..but I'm working on it!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice...
    Ever get in touch with sperwer?

What do you mean by "Trade"??

Established Member Feedback Score 0 somm's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you aren't planning on trading rights to your Ultimate Orange, Mind Charm Technologies. That stuff is solid and legal, no quetions asked and is set to be a big hit in the industry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somm View Post
    I hope you aren't planning on trading rights to your Ultimate Orange, Mind Charm Technologies. That stuff is solid and legal, no quetions asked and is set to be a big hit in the industry.
    That's exactly what I was thinking and why I asked about the TRADE....

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exciting stuff!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No word from Sperwer...I haven't seen him in forever..

Ty guys again for following up with me on this. Talked to said major manufacturer. Got advice and legal advice on this subject.

Not "great news"

Here is the Patent

Patent US20060241093 - Use of DHEA derivatives for enhancing physical performance - Google Patents

But what was worse is legal advise , states that if you make it TD, is it then considered a drug. Now, this is where it is "funny" and "ironic". Said legal process advised making it into a "sunscreen or bronzing applicator for pre contest" and therefore it would be considered "COSMETIC."

I shit you not, I am not even making this up. Was it Cdsnuts, or Weekend who hit this on the head LOL.

So that company, not interested. I will approach another company about pre-comp bronzers

Also by trade, I meant, I will produce a product for them to carry, in order that they would make "said sunscreen" and sell it for me. There are actually a few products on the market that I won't mention that I had a hand into, down to the label. I simply put the ingredients together, labels, names, etc..So I essentially created them and got no credit, but free products, and rep for the company, which entitles you to discounts and various other privileges. Have to work your way up from the bottom TBH.

Get no royalties, but good deals and some freebies from time to time..which is why I'd rather just do things on my own at this point. But in this case, I am hearing the right to use ANDRO is super pricy. What a headache. Still trying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just don't make said Bronzer to dark. Users would have a black chest and upper body by the end of the run.

That's a safe trade then.
    Can't lose that UOJ.....