User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 entropy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tallstraw View Post
    If HcG stimulates LH..then why is it at an untestable level? It doesn't even register, with ththe compounding effect, and half life, I should have decent enough levels to stimulate some production..most times I see it in 1+ range on bloodwork when HcG is used...and when it's not, it looks like mine.

I didn't know about that. I'll get it when I get bloods again in 6 weeks.
    HCG mimics LH, doesn't it?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hcg is not LH. And the similarity produced by its signal create negative feedback. If you used enough off cycle, it would probably shut LH down to zero. In fact, you may see less LH on cycle with HCG than without.

hCG, TSH, LH, and FSH are all extremely similar compounds but easily distinguishable by blood tests.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    Hcg is not LH. And the similarity produced by its signal create negative feedback. If you used enough off cycle, it would probably shut LH down to zero. In fact, you may see less LH on cycle with HCG than without.
    hCG, TSH, LH, and FSH are all extremely similar compounds but easily distinguishable by blood tests.
    Exactly. When using "ovulation tests" you cannot tell difference between LH and HCG but on blood test they can tell, and there is separate test for HCG (women test it sometimes) but even then 2 hrs post injection would not be sufficient as HCG also tends to "work" in peaks, if I remeber correctly first (and biggest) spike come 4 hrs post injecting.
    Last edited by Jelisej; 01-30-2015 at 05:26 PM.