User Tag List

Thread: DHEA....

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DHEA....

Hey all I was curious what some of you have ran per day of DHEA, just got some tablets because ive had success with them but would like to see what mg per day others run it at?

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cream is far better for absorbtion, you can get it real cheap and legitimately in the US. I was using 25mg of "twist" brand DHEA for 7 days and on my next bloods my DHEA was right on the top of the high range (one push of the button gives approx 25mg - from memory). Some say DHEA in pill form is a complete waste of money, others reckon the majority of it doesn't make it into the blood. No doubt some is getting through, but cream works best.
    You should cycle it though, as with all these things.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oral DHEA is less biovailable and it dends to convert to DHEA(s) a lot, while transdermal more goes to "straight" DHEA, in men when one using lot of DHEA it converts to E2 a lot so it can affect HPTA, if one is deficient and just top up a bit he can run it indefinitely with no problems.
    As for dosage it really depends from person to person, sometimes 25mg is enough sometimes one needs lot more.
    If I remeber correctly around 15mg of transdremal equals 50 mg of oral DHEA.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelisej View Post
    Oral DHEA is less biovailable and it dends to convert to DHEA(s) a lot, while transdermal more goes to "straight" DHEA, in men when one using lot of DHEA it converts to E2 a lot so it can affect HPTA, if one is deficient and just top up a bit he can run it indefinitely with no problems.
    As for dosage it really depends from person to person, sometimes 25mg is enough sometimes one needs lot more.
    Oh nice I didnt know the conversion from tansdermal to oral, thats some good info thanks!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelisej View Post
    Jel, with regards to your comment about using DHEA indefinitely to top up - isn't DHEA on a feedback loop like the other hormones? I was under the impression that, like testosterone, if you tried to top up for any length of time it would become suppresssive? Hence my comment on cycling.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Jel, with regards to your comment about using DHEA indefinitely to top up - isn't DHEA on a feedback loop like the other hormones? I was under the impression that, like testosterone, if you tried to top up for any length of time it would become suppresssive? Hence my comment on cycling.
    DHEA itself can activate some of estrogen receptors but its not to great extent, but problem is that DHEA gets converted to E2- and in that scenario can cause negative feedback loop, also in some people adding DHEA can blunt cortisol release a bit- but in both cases we are talking about "excess"- with low dosages one can use it indefinitely as long as it does not get too high. Note- that when testing one should always test DHEA(s) as its levels are stable during day while DHEA itself vary a lot- basically DHEA(s) is storage while DHEA itself is the one being used.

Best scenario in my opinion is adding pregnenolone which will also cascade into DHEA as well, and dosage you can gauge by monitoring progesterone- if progesterone is getting high than dosage is too high.
    With DHEA progesterone does get top up even faster, and having good progesterone levels is useful, but when it gets high it causes problem as it keeps in check E2 but also DHT which is where it can cause problems, another thing is progesterone has sedating effect on brain, and anything that is sedating usually negatively affects libido.

Also adrenals and thyroid work together and if thyroid is slow- pregenolone or DHEA will not cascade properly and it can create clogging of progesterone, among other possible issues.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck me, this is complicated! Thanks for the explanation.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Fuck me, this is complicated! Thanks for the explanation.
    I know the feeling man I know the feeling.

Info overload always gets me like damn I need to do hours/days more reading and research.

Good thing all these guys are patient and willing to help us all out.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm never gunna be able to learn this stuff to the level of Jel. Peoples brains work so very differently. I am very clever in certain fields, average in others and literally pig thick fucking stupid in others. I can drive somewhere, anywhere, even just 5 miles and mostly can't remember how to get back! Yet in many academic areas my colleagues think i'm a genius.
    Alot of the hormone facts i can remember, but the interactions between them become like a roadmap, which is no good for my brain.

I think my endocrinologist suffers from the same problem!

Like you say, thank fuck for guys like Jel.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Think most endos suffer from not continuing to learn and keep up to date with the info out there.

If it wasn't for this site and a few bright/sharp members I'd be screwed.

Truely thankful and grateful for all the help and info that gets shared around here.