User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol
    I know exactly what your talking about feeling like you gained 5 pounds the next day. Love that feeling.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Technique Check Thread

What's the consensus on high rep squatting? I ask because I'm working on my form, my ankle flexibility, and my hip mobility and in order to do so I'm having to go to a lighter weight on my squat. Is it worth the time?

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdon1588 View Post
    What's the consensus on high rep squatting? I ask because I'm working on my form, my ankle flexibility, and my hip mobility and in order to do so I'm having to go to a lighter weight on my squat. Is it worth the time?
    What does the rep range have to do with working on the other issues?
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Technique Check Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    What does the rep range have to do with working on the other issues?
    Not much I suppose, other than I'm going lighter to keep my form cleaner. I guess I just mentioned those issues as a reason why I am going lighter. So I guess, really a better way to ask is, can higher reps still lead to progress in strength and or size?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not much I suppose, other than I'm going lighter to keep my form cleaner. I guess I just mentioned those issues as a reason why I am going lighter. So I guess, really a better way to ask is, can higher reps still lead to progress in strength and or size?
    Alone, no, they will not increase strength. Hypertrophy is not a cut and dry issue, but high reps tend to become about muscular endurance and often leads to really shitty form since there will most likely be some major muscular imbalances. The hamstrings and glutes are the often the first to go and leads to rounding of the lumbar.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Technique Check Thread

Alone, no, they will not increase strength. Hypertrophy is not a cut and dry issue, but high reps tend to become about muscular endurance and often leads to really shitty form since there will most likely be some major muscular imbalances. The hamstrings and glutes are the often the first to go and leads to rounding of the lumbar.
    What you say makes sense. I am concerned with form over that amount of reps. I've decided that lifting wise, this will be the year of getting my squat in order. It's just hard to decide on the best plan of action, but I'm getting there. What's your thoughts on safety bars?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you say makes sense. I am concerned with form over that amount of reps. I've decided that lifting wise, this will be the year of getting my squat in order. It's just hard to decide on the best plan of action, but I'm getting there. What's your thoughts on safety bars?
    I love the SSB, but if someone can't squat properly with a straight bar, then they shouldn't be using a SSB. It's a simliar, yet different movement pattern that heavily involves the upper back and core.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Technique Check Thread

I love the SSB, but if someone can't squat properly with a straight bar, then they shouldn't be using a SSB. It's a simliar, yet different movement pattern that heavily involves the upper back and core.
    Good to know. I believe I am going to buy one as soon as I can squat the cost in pounds that the ssb cost for two reps. I'm about a hundred pounds from that mark.

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope someone would be down to check my squat and deadlift form. I can try to get a video up ASAP.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzetmaster View Post
    I hope someone would be down to check my squat and deadlift form. I can try to get a video up ASAP.
    Post something up, I'm sure you'll get feedback.