User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Dcabedo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a freaken coincidence, I was just thinking about posting some video up on the major lifts for some critiquing. Should have video up very soon!
    "Powerlifting is a manifestation of my hatred for humanity."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a normal set of squats for me. I would usually do 315 lbs 5x5. But tonight was all squats and calf raises. I managed to hit my old PR at 365 lbs and set a new one at 375 lbs.

Let me know what you think!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to put my hands closer on the bar as it helps tighten up my upper back and force more thoracic extension..

Other than that, looks good to me but I'm not an expert. I'd probably go like 2 inches lower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to put my hands closer on the bar as it helps tighten up my upper back and force more thoracic extension..

Other than that, looks good to me but I'm not an expert. I'd probably go like 2 inches lower.
    Will try placing my hands closer next time. As for depth, I try and get as low as I can but everytime I go lower then parallel my knees feel like theyre about to rip right out. I actually put on my neoprene knee wraps after the 4th set i think

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looked low enough anyway, I like to go until my hamstrings hit my calves, seems to lessen stress on my knees, but maybe that's just me.

Just read somewhere (ergo log I think) that knee wraps actually make it worse for your knee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just read that ergo log, really didn't know it was bad. But thanks for the input, will have video up of deadlift and bench later on this week.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your squats are far too knee dominant and neglect using the hips, which is why you feel uncomfortable going lower. If you want to continue using the same approach, then you'll need to bring in your stance and mimic an Oly style squat. Your stance is closer to a wide stance squat and you'll need to limit knee flexion with that kind of stance. You'll need to push your ass back and flare your knees out hard in the movement. Your knees don't collapse, but you're not pushing them out to activate the hips and hamstrings.

It's hard to tell because the camera is constantly moving and the shorts, but they looked above parallel because so much of your movement is knee flexion and not hip flexion.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll need to push your ass back and flare your knees out hard in the movement. Your knees don't collapse, but you're not pushing them out to activate the hips and hamstrings.

That video is actually how I would normally squat. But all the sets after that, I pretty much concentrated on flaring my knees out more.
    It did feel awkward at first but im sure it wont be long till I can get it down...Ill post better video of what I think it is the right way and you can correct me from there. should be up next week monday.

How much closer should I bring my stance in?

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcabedo View Post
    That video is actually how I would normally squat. But all the sets after that, I pretty much concentrated on flaring my knees out more.
    It did feel awkward at first but im sure it wont be long till I can get it down...Ill post better video of what I think it is the right way and you can correct me from there. should be up next week monday.

How much closer should I bring my stance in?
    Have them slightly wider than shoulder-width. What kind of shoes were you wearing?
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wearing the new balance minimus life that night.