Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
Gee....thanks. lol.

You know, I've had that same thought quite alot over the past two years or so. I would have never been living the way I am now had I not had that shit storm happen to me. Because of it, I've learned so much about myself and health in general. It's made me a completely different person. The things I've learned and the way I live will be staples for the rest of my life. When you know what it feels like to have your man hood taken from you, you know it's something you never want to lose again and you need to keep at all costs. When I see young over weight guys doing nothing but letting themselves slip into oblivion, I wonder if they really know what it is they are letting go?
Young and very overweight people in general have always pissed me off, what a waste of life just to eat sugar - it's kinda insulting in a way to all the people in life born disabled or whatever who never got even the chance of a healthy body.
The same thought of being glad about dealing with this stuff has often crossed my mind too, although i need another year of clear water before that one solidifies i think!
For me it is pretty obvious that we will benefit from talking about this experience for a few years yet - particularly in the past tense, less and less each month and year that goes by, but this is the way the mind deals with things and heals, both you guys already know that, but maybe it's hard to admit.
CD thinks choosing the same screen name was stupid? I would say that's your internal voice deliberately choosing it as the trauma still needs to work through etc. and choosing anonimity is choosing not ever to speak to anyone again about it (who truly knows about it)
It's like coming back from Iraq or Afghan - squaddies get together for years after and chat about stuff, but almost never to anyone not involved. Those that don't do so or get counselling often suffer in later years.
I can't wait to move on from this and never speak of it again, but in reality, it will be a while yet probably. I guess one easy way of getting this out of the system and affirming it as in the past - for oneself - is simply to help a few others on the way.
Will be interesting to see how Strykers gets on without the life force being sucked out of him on PH.