User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strykers, one final thing from me, When you start with the paleo diet, exercise, mind stuff etc. just go easy on yourself. What i mean is be kind to yourself, and don't get despondent because you did something wrong or whatever. It is extremely difficult to suddenly go paleo or organic etc. and it creates a stress of its own, for this reason, i recommend you ease into the process, perfecting things here and there as you go.
    For me, it took months to gain the strength and discipline to lead a virtually perfect lifestyle - now i enjoy it - and you can't just get there overnight, not without creating so much stress that it counteracts what you are doing.
    Remember, all those supplements, exercise, diet etc. will raise T in a normal healthy and happy individual by maybe 30 or 40% max over the long term. So from 550 to 750 (would probably be typical) which is great and can make them love life rather than just liking it, but subject that same person to prolonged and severe stress, and their T levels will always plummet to around 300. This happens both from stress of the mind, as well as stress from chronic over exercising, as evidenced by the many cases of transient secondary hypogonadism that doctors deal with in distance runners.
    So do the regimen by all means, but do it while focusing number one (by a mile) on healing your mind.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 entropy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't come here for you either, cdnuts, I'd read everything important you had to say and moved on. I think I came here looking for diet advice actually. Came for the knowledge and stuck around for the awesome people and environment. I'm very close to over this whole fin debacle now and I just come here cause I like the place. I don't want to even think about fin ever again.

Weird as it sounds though... It's one of the best things that ever happened to me.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I didn't come here for you either, cdnuts, I'd read everything important you had to say and moved on. I think I came here looking for diet advice actually. Came for the knowledge and stuck around for the awesome people and environment. I'm very close to over this whole fin debacle now and I just come here cause I like the place. I don't want to even think about fin ever again.

Weird as it sounds though... It's one of the best things that ever happened to me.
    Gee....thanks. lol.

You know, I've had that same thought quite alot over the past two years or so. I would have never been living the way I am now had I not had that shit storm happen to me. Because of it, I've learned so much about myself and health in general. It's made me a completely different person. The things I've learned and the way I live will be staples for the rest of my life. When you know what it feels like to have your man hood taken from you, you know it's something you never want to lose again and you need to keep at all costs. When I see young over weight guys doing nothing but letting themselves slip into oblivion, I wonder if they really know what it is they are letting go?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Gee....thanks. lol.

You know, I've had that same thought quite alot over the past two years or so. I would have never been living the way I am now had I not had that shit storm happen to me. Because of it, I've learned so much about myself and health in general. It's made me a completely different person. The things I've learned and the way I live will be staples for the rest of my life. When you know what it feels like to have your man hood taken from you, you know it's something you never want to lose again and you need to keep at all costs. When I see young over weight guys doing nothing but letting themselves slip into oblivion, I wonder if they really know what it is they are letting go?
    Young and very overweight people in general have always pissed me off, what a waste of life just to eat sugar - it's kinda insulting in a way to all the people in life born disabled or whatever who never got even the chance of a healthy body.
    The same thought of being glad about dealing with this stuff has often crossed my mind too, although i need another year of clear water before that one solidifies i think!
    For me it is pretty obvious that we will benefit from talking about this experience for a few years yet - particularly in the past tense, less and less each month and year that goes by, but this is the way the mind deals with things and heals, both you guys already know that, but maybe it's hard to admit.
    CD thinks choosing the same screen name was stupid? I would say that's your internal voice deliberately choosing it as the trauma still needs to work through etc. and choosing anonimity is choosing not ever to speak to anyone again about it (who truly knows about it)
    It's like coming back from Iraq or Afghan - squaddies get together for years after and chat about stuff, but almost never to anyone not involved. Those that don't do so or get counselling often suffer in later years.
    I can't wait to move on from this and never speak of it again, but in reality, it will be a while yet probably. I guess one easy way of getting this out of the system and affirming it as in the past - for oneself - is simply to help a few others on the way.
    Will be interesting to see how Strykers gets on without the life force being sucked out of him on PH.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gee....thanks. lol.

Hahaha. Don't take that the wrong way bro, I think you're fucking awesome. You're just not the only reason I'm here.

That's exactly how I feel though. Great explanation though, I wonder how much better things can be. I feel great nowadays. Better than ever most of the time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Hahaha. Don't take that the wrong way bro, I think you're fucking awesome. You're just not the only reason I'm here.

That's exactly how I feel though. Great explanation though, I wonder how much better things can be. I feel great nowadays. Better than ever most of the time.
    You two might just be gay and using this whole recovery thing as cover - lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gee....thanks. lol.

That's exactly how I feel though. Great explanation, I wonder how much better things can be. I feel great nowadays. Better than ever most of the time... And there doesn't seem to be anything to slow it down. My libido is seriously killing me right now, so high I'm liable to do something stupid if I can't keep it in check. The next chick I cross paths with is going to be simultaneously very sore and very content.

Oops. Double post. And not gay, English. But there's definitely some bromance there lmfao
    Last edited by entropy; 02-24-2015 at 01:18 PM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Strykers, one final thing from me, When you start with the paleo diet, exercise, mind stuff etc. just go easy on yourself. What i mean is be kind to yourself, and don't get despondent because you did something wrong or whatever. It is extremely difficult to suddenly go paleo or organic etc. and it creates a stress of its own, for this reason, i recommend you ease into the process, perfecting things here and there as you go.
    For me, it took months to gain the strength and discipline to lead a virtually perfect lifestyle - now i enjoy it - and you can't just get there overnight, not without creating so much stress that it counteracts what you are doing.
    Remember, all those supplements, exercise, diet etc. will raise T in a normal healthy and happy individual by maybe 30 or 40% max over the long term. So from 550 to 750 (would probably be typical) which is great and can make them love life rather than just liking it, but subject that same person to prolonged and severe stress, and their T levels will always plummet to around 300. This happens both from stress of the mind, as well as stress from chronic over exercising, as evidenced by the many cases of transient secondary hypogonadism that doctors deal with in distance runners.
    So do the regimen by all means, but do it while focusing number one (by a mile) on healing your mind.
    i've eaten pretty healthy for the past 10 years. after this experience started, i've been stress eating like no other. it will be nice to eat healthy again and slim down. paleo is pretty intense though. you can't even eat peanuts or whole wheat lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by strykers12 View Post
    i've eaten pretty healthy for the past 10 years. after this experience started, i've been stress eating like no other. it will be nice to eat healthy again and slim down. paleo is pretty intense though. you can't even eat peanuts or whole wheat lol
    Don't sweat it to much. I'm not 100% sure but paleo isn't necessary, I don't do it myself. Food quality is very important though. As for wheat etc, on my carbnites I just slay all of the carbs. Check out "scope75"s log here. His food is top notch.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by strykers12 View Post
    Yep, i was in the middle of writing the same kinda reply as Entropy, i agree, cd didn't eat strict paleo either. Cut out refined sugar and simple carbs, replace with complex carbs. Go gluten free and eat loads of quality saturated animal fat and protein. It is a gluten free paleo type diet you should go for. By the way, even those recommending strict paleo diets argue of what is paleo - are eggs allowed etc? - you wanna eat lots of eggs by the way