User Tag List

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw Palmetto and Fenugreek...im in trouble!

Hello there everybody. Before i start i really do like the website.

Anyway, ive got myself in some awful trouble. Last year March i began takin what i thought were vitamins called hair life vitamins just for nicer head of hair i guess thinking nothing to it. I suddenly began experiencing testicular pain, swollen glands and for the first time in my life no morning erections, no libido and for the life of me i couldnt get an erection...it was insane!. After 3 weeks i worked out what was going on..they contained Saw Palmetto extract. I researched this herb and received a whole education on DHT, 5 alpha and the rest, i was shocked

Two months later i was still struggling with erections. I began looking into T boosters. Fenugreek(testofen) was highly recommended to me and i did my own research. It sounded good testosterone increases and the rest. I began takin it. After a few weeks the same symptons arose which saw palmetto gave me. The worse thing was my flaccid penis shrunk, like having a cold shower all the time...bloody awful!! I couldnt believe it. I then researched into how fenugreek works....another DHT blocker! and it increases prolactin!!!

By the end of august, my libido was dead, no random erections, no morning erections, shrunken flaccid, no zest for life, reduced ejactulate, numbness!! We are now in febuary and im no better off, ive began taking tongkat ali.

My test levels are low around 11nmol. Im 28 years old.

Has anyone else experienced this? More importanly has anybody recovered?

Im worried sick hoping I havent caused any permanent damage but as of yet my system just hasnt normalised.

I was absolutley fine 12 months ago.

James

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pageidol View Post
    Hello there everybody. Before i start i really do like the website.

Anyway, ive got myself in some awful trouble. Last year March i began takin what i thought were vitamins called hair life vitamins just for nicer head of hair i guess thinking nothing to it. I suddenly began experiencing testicular pain, swollen glands and for the first time in my life no morning erections, no libido and for the life of me i couldnt get an erection...it was insane!. After 3 weeks i worked out what was going on..they contained Saw Palmetto extract. I researched this herb and received a whole education on DHT, 5 alpha and the rest, i was shocked

Two months later i was still struggling with erections. I began looking into T boosters. Fenugreek(testofen) was highly recommended to me and i did my own research. It sounded good testosterone increases and the rest. I began takin it. After a few weeks the same symptons arose which saw palmetto gave me. The worse thing was my flaccid penis shrunk, like having a cold shower all the time...bloody awful!! I couldnt believe it. I then researched into how fenugreek works....another DHT blocker! and it increases prolactin!!!

By the end of august, my libido was dead, no random erections, no morning erections, shrunken flaccid, no zest for life, reduced ejactulate, numbness!! We are now in febuary and im no better off, ive began taking tongkat ali.

My test levels are low around 11nmol. Im 28 years old.

Has anyone else experienced this? More importanly has anybody recovered?

Im worried sick hoping I havent caused any permanent damage but as of yet my system just hasnt normalised.

I was absolutley fine 12 months ago.

James
    Fenugreek is fucking god awful and did the same thing to me! I had a sustained loss of sex drive, no morning erections, no random erections, a total loss of interest in sex, tiredness, brain fog, etc. This shit was awful.

Recovery takes time. Do not give up.

Immediately, you need to get on:

High potency tongkat. Buy the bulk powder from amazon.
    Liftmode tribulus 90% standardized powder, dosed at 1,000mg 3x per day
    Liquid boron from Swanson
    Ashwaghanda from Swanson
    Daily creatine supplementation (monohydrate, load it at 5 grams, four times daily for a week then dial dose back to 5 grams once daily). Or you can use Creatine Hydrochloride at 3 grams per day.
    A tocotrienol supplement like Jarrow's Toco Sorb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cheers dude. distressed isnt the word. may I ask how long you took it for? Have you recovered from it? Its an anti-androgen...what the fucks it doing in workout supplements.

Dht is a mans primary hormone!!!! Are these people stupid.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because idiots in the vitamin and supplement world use their own ignorance as marketing points.

These are herbal castration agents to those sensitive to them. I think there needs to be a better effort to educate companies putting this shit out there that they may be destroying lives with the products.

I schooled Jim Stoppani about it. He has a PhD in supplement science and does a lot to educate folks on bad industry practices, yet he preaches the myths about how DHT is a bad thing (it causes aggression, he said, harms your prostate and makes you bald). Nevermind the fact that you couldn't have any sexual benefits of testosterone without it. Nevermind the fact it raises thyroid hormone and improves body composition. Nevermind that it can successfully treat depression and brain fog.

Fuck these ignorant people.

Things have improved a lot for me. But recovery might be a long road. Do not give up. Do the things I told you. You must have a multi-faceted approach to recovery.

I would also strongly encourage you to buy whole grain sorghum and boil it for an hour in chicken stock and eat it like rice every day. It is proven through studies to be pro-DHT, as is boron, creatine and ashwaghanda.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 hossam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freepressright View Post
    Fenugreek is fucking god awful and did the same thing to me! I had a sustained loss of sex drive, no morning erections, no random erections, a total loss of interest in sex, tiredness, brain fog, etc. This shit was awful.

Recovery takes time. Do not give up.

Immediately, you need to get on:

High potency tongkat. Buy the bulk powder from amazon.
    Liftmode tribulus 90% standardized powder, dosed at 1,000mg 3x per day
    Liquid boron from Swanson
    Ashwaghanda from Swanson
    Daily creatine supplementation (monohydrate, load it at 5 grams, four times daily for a week then dial dose back to 5 grams once daily). Or you can use Creatine Hydrochloride at 3 grams per day.
    A tocotrienol supplement like Jarrow's Toco Sorb
    ++

Vitamin D3
    DAA
    squat without wight every day before you go to bed 10x10
    EPIandro
    ZMA
    Royal jelly Now brand
    for Toco i highly recommend Eric's Botanical craft palm fruit powder
    and RES100

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude how long has it being since you ceased the supplement?
    What made you take it? Thanks man...ive not hot morning wood or a libido, proper erections for months. Ive just began on tongkat and creatine.
    Do you believe we will fully recover?

Hossam,
    DAA, d aspartic acid, actually increases prolactin too which i dont want and the RES100, resverotrol is another 5 alpha reductase compound a dht blocker.

Cheers

Established Member Feedback Score 0 entropy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your information is wrong. For one, 5 alpha reductase is the enzyme that converts test to dht. It's the enzyme blocked by 5 alpha reductase -inhibitors-. And resveratrol -doesnt- impact on that enzyme. Else trust me we wouldn't rate it so highly. Secondly prolactin sides can be offset with macuna pruriens.

Yes. You will most likely make a full recovery with work. Some of us have come back from much worse. Over TIME.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes sorry i worded that badly but run one search on resveratrol 5alpha reductase inhibitor or dht blocker on the web and there are countless websites stating its actions however i cant find any published studies but i dont want to go near anything remotely connected to inhibition now, only pro DHT.

James

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Mad Mardigan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Join the pro dht club! Lol we love our dht here, and rightfully so. We're men. Dammit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blood results back. Testosterone 11nmol...low!! This must be with causing a hormonal upset. But the docs have all assured me that over the next few months your body will slowly restore itself.

Fenugreek and resverotrol did the worst but there is no way it can be harmful as finasteride.

James