User Tag List

Threaded View

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 alpha victim View Post
    Hey man , Your experiences with natural 5AR inhibitors are very similar to mine.

It is BS that fenugreek is used for boosting natty T. Not that it can't boost natty T but it's misleading as far as the mechanism of action behind why and how it's boosting T that's BS. 5AR inhibitors usually will raise your T at first but while risking completely messing up your endocrine system for the long run.

I completely agree with your conclusions with everything you said about Saw P. I'm one of the guys that fall in the 5 percent category of having been royally messed up by taking Saw P.

How you got messed up from taking Saw P for 21 days and later even more messed up from your four months of fenugreek usage almost mirrors my mistakes as well. Actually during my first Saw P mishap I actually took it for 21 days exactly and was "PFS'd". Than about three years later after still being messed up and after having a urologist tell me that all my symptoms where in result of having an enlarged prostate I did another two week run of Saw P. to "shrink my prostate". Stupid I know ... After my second run of Saw P came the insomnia and severe stomach issues. After coming off the Saw P the second time I stayed up for two weeks straight .. Not one min of sleep for two weeks. My insomnia was so bad that hard core sleep meds would not put me out. I actually thought I was going to die blah blah blah ...

Following the "PFS" protocol for the last two years has cured 80 percent of my insomnia . Eating a close to strict paleo diet for the last two years has helped my digestive issues a lot as well. Not sure if you are having issues with digestion but the magnesium supp is great for this. I constantly find that the more of this protocol I follow the better quality of life I see returning.

As for us worrying about deciding if to stop taking everything once fully recovered, that's the least of our concerns. The way I look at it why not continue to take vitamins and increase our T to natural health levels even after being completely recovered. But that's a bridge to cross once we their.
    I had a lot of digestive issues. I still believe it triggered my celiacs disease. I eat gluten free with lots of animal fats. Nothing processed. All clean! I think my insomnia was down to my chronic gut inflammation all the time. My sleep is great now, in fact I feel like I could sleep all day. Which is the problem! Even when I beat this, I'll still carry on with this way of life. I've learnt too much and I would be a fool to ever consider going back to my old ways.

Anyway, some news.

I saw my endocrinologist. Initially when this all happened I had Lowish dht. My DHt is near the top of the range now. I don't suffer with any other sides other than constant fatigue and ed. I get morning and nocturnals most nights, not as hard as they should be though. No spontaneous. Libido is sort of there k it's crushed by the little happening down there.

I've found out that my test and free test is low. Also my e2 is 6. Optimal for men between 20-30. He wants me to start testosterone gel next week. I'm a little concerned about starting hormones and shutting my own hormones down. I know there is lots of stuff on the web written about hormone replacement but I feel like for us it's all a different story. We aren't like every one else.

Will being on the gel shut my body down? Is it a backwards step? Or will it nudge me in the right direction?. I know some including cd have cycled dht based stuff, but will this have The same effect?
    Last edited by Lookingforhelp; 04-26-2016 at 02:31 PM.