User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 ryhigh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any Business Grads?

Looking for experiences people have if any? I have my B.S in Marketing Management, and cant decide if I want to go into International Business or continue on in Marketing/management. I want to get the most out of the degree, I have concerns on whether pursuing education in MM is worth it.
    Been juicing since CapriSun

Established Member Feedback Score 0 JM1000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go for finance and or accounting. Cpa/cfa/cfo .. If you are good with numbers , donn't hesitate. Marketing is 1.much easier 2. You will end up placing chips in a grocery store, everyone is in marketing lol you wont get a pay unless you are lucky or know the right people!

- - - Updated - - -

Or an MBA for a masters would be good, with concentration in finance...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM1000 View Post
    Go for finance and or accounting. Cpa/cfa/cfo .. If you are good with numbers , donn't hesitate. Marketing is 1.much easier 2. You will end up placing chips in a grocery store, everyone is in marketing lol you wont get a pay unless you are lucky or know the right people!

- - - Updated - - -

Or an MBA for a masters would be good, with concentration in finance...
    Lol im good with numbers but hate accounting.. Yeah I feel you that's why im hesitant on continuing with marketing. I have a old client that has his Masters of International Business and hes had much success with that degree, not many people ive heard of have that. Im going to look into your 2nd option for sure

Established Member Feedback Score 0 booklifter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryhigh View Post
    Lol im good with numbers but hate accounting.. Yeah I feel you that's why im hesitant on continuing with marketing. I have a old client that has his Masters of International Business and hes had much success with that degree, not many people ive heard of have that. Im going to look into your 2nd option for sure
    I know 2 MIBs. Both smart, both very successful, but neither doing anything that seems (at least to me) related to the degree. That being said, it probably opened the door.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 BoneDaddy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife agrees with JM. She has her MBA and CPA and she does quite well for us, er....I mean herself. She says everyone is in Marketing and it's saturated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate the responses guys, just the stuff I wanted to hear

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I added a BS in management last year and it sadly didnt translate into anything directly. I'm still relying on my technical/engineering degree's. Not that I mind, I like what I do. But unless its an MBA program with alot of strong networking opportunities I dont see it helping you alot..

I suppose it depends on your situation. Does your current employer provide college reimbursement, are their positions opening in the next few years you could move into upon completion? Adding something like finance can make you valuable.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im stuck between Accounting and Finance personally. Im in the process of applying for transfer to other Uni's to open up more doors right now, so once I know where Im getting in, Ill have to commit to one or the other. Finance for me seems to be more of a dream though because I always wanted to work on Wall St, and only two of the Uni's Im applying to will open the doors for that(one of them requiring me to actually fly out to their campus for a final interview). So accounting is the direction I'll most likely go, everyone Ive talked to says CPA opens a lot of doors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im in the same boat im on the waiting list for UNLV for my grad program. Going to major in international business and finance. I don't think i could hang being a CPA i mean i did well in accounting but cant stand it for some reason Thanks for your input, i really appreciate it.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) USN HM 350Z's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    go for a Masters in Health Care administration. Ever expanding with excellent pay. I am finishing up mine in the near future and then probably going to work on a second graduate degree, thinking MBA.