User Tag List

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TRT before or after gyno surgery?

Hello SS members! Or swollen members. I've been away from the boards for a bit. as you may remember was running stanolone/masteron to try to deal with my gyno. well it didn't work. So I went ahead and scheduled surgery for April 23rd next month. I focused my efforts on getting lean so the surgery would be more successful, and have lost about 15 lbs. Now, a week ago, I found a doc willing to give me TRT. so stoked! My question is: with the surgery so close, should I wait until afterward to start TRT? Or perhaps postpone the surgery? I would of course inform the surgeon of my TRT.

Any ideas you have would be appreciated. going back to the doc on Monday with some final bloodwork and I will get my Rx, I can barely wait, it's like the feeling of Christmas all over again!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to have you back bro'!
    I dont think TRT would interfere with surgery, as basically TRT puts your hormones where they should be, in any case surgeon will know better, so maybe better to phone him.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would definitely get on trt first. If your gyno happens to grow because of estrogen issues in the beginning, then that will get taken care of and your hormones will
    Be stable post op.

If you started after and he didn't get the whole gland, but test made it grow back how mad would you be? Lol

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys. I was kinda thinking that the TRT might improve it to some degree, some docs have said this is the case. Anyway the plastic surgery place where I am going has a contract to deliver services publicly as well which runs out April 1st so I might end up waiting til November (half the cost if I do it under public system).

TRT starts this Monday, barring any major hurdles like earthquakes or flash floods. Weekend, I ended up not trying to crash my hormones with any PHs and instead just did the bloodtest after a shitty day and night of no sleep. while waiting for the blood test i played games on my phone that stress me out, and i tried to think negative, weak thoughts. we shall see

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pman42 View Post
    Thanks guys. I was kinda thinking that the TRT might improve it to some degree, some docs have said this is the case. Anyway the plastic surgery place where I am going has a contract to deliver services publicly as well which runs out April 1st so I might end up waiting til November (half the cost if I do it under public system).

TRT starts this Monday, barring any major hurdles like earthquakes or flash floods. Weekend, I ended up not trying to crash my hormones with any PHs and instead just did the bloodtest after a shitty day and night of no sleep. while waiting for the blood test i played games on my phone that stress me out, and i tried to think negative, weak thoughts. we shall see
    I don't know who you are going through for the surgery but big hospitals will normally run bloods before referring you to plastic surgery. They should have a endo review the bloods, find the root cause and fix the issue before putting you under the knife.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Mad Mardigan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kinda chuckled at your method of keeping the hormone levels low. If TRT is necessary I would think that sooner is better, especially for recovery. What does the TRT doc have to say on the surgery?