User Tag List

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxiv View Post
    unless you plan on sleeping alone i would suggest trenazone am, I am overly worried about transfer though as i have children.

UD and trenazone look good. I have some in the stock pile but haven't tried it yet.
    I take it no need to pct due to the cyp. Ai on hand?

Your comp videos are great, thanks for sharing them. I am going to give one a whirl.
    Tops of feet work really well for topicals because the skin is thin and there is seldom contact. However, sites for transdermals should be rotated to maintain efficacy.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
    Video's from my last meet:
    Squat 1 640# (no good)
    Dukes Iron Zoo/Lexen Meet Tim Squat 1 10-13-12 - YouTube

Squat 2 640#
    Dukes Iron Zoo/Lexen Meet 10-13-12 Tim Squat 2 - YouTube

Bench 1 Opener 435#
    Dukes Iron Zoo/Lexen Meet 10-13-12 Tim Bench 1 - YouTube

bench 2 460# (pr)
    Dukes Iron Zoo/Lexen Meet 10-13-12 Tim Bench 2 - YouTube

Bench 3 470# (pr)
    Dukes Iron Zoo/Lexen Meet 10-13-12 Tim Bench 3 - YouTube

Deadlift 3 540#
    Dukes Iron Zoo/Lexen Meet 10-13-12 Tim Deadlift 3 - YouTube

I had a real bad start to the day, I had a head cold with a lot of head congestion, and during my first squat attempt I actually poped my left ear drum. What thought was just fluid backing up from my nose was actualy blood filling my ear. At the end of the first vid you can see me grab my head after the lift. No excuses though I should have done better on the squat, and I was just exhausted by the deadlift. Oh well, on to the next one.
    Awesome power man! And how you describe the pressure felt in you head... man, that's why I respect power lifters so much. You guys are sick (in an awesome way)

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxiv View Post
    unless you plan on sleeping alone i would suggest trenazone am, I am overly worried about transfer though as i have children.

UD and trenazone look good. I have some in the stock pile but haven't tried it yet.
    I take it no need to pct due to the cyp. Ai on hand?

Your comp videos are great, thanks for sharing them. I am going to give one a whirl.
    Good point, when my old lady is here i'll probably apply in the morning.
    An yeah the pct was less an priority these days, but there is some PCT stuff on hand. Also being Ultradrol I wasn't planing on going longer then a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Tops of feet work really well for topicals because the skin is thin and there is seldom contact. However, sites for transdermals should be rotated to maintain efficacy.
    Thanks I'll keep that in mind.

For records purposes starting measurements
    Neck 16
    chest 47
    shoulders 52.5
    upper arm 15.5
    lower arm 12.5
    waist 38
    hips 43.5
    thigh 26
    calves 17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you like the Jack suit? I've gotten mixed feedback on them and it seems like a lot of people are going back to Ace suits.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has a steep learning curve. I have a pair of ace briefs that I didn't really like. (poor fitment off the shelf) The funny part is the ace and jack are actually the same material as far as I know. The main difference is the jack is full on triple ply, with alot of seams. Not as much rebound, but a whole lot of stopping power. There's a few techniques to dial in the jack we've been working on (there's actually three of us using jack suits, one using an ACE)
    I would say it depends on your particular squat technique. But the key points for the jack I would say is
    1) The jack suit seems to respond well to a wide stance.
    2) There isn't a whole lot of support out of just the bottoms, the straps make it work. If you are strong out of the hole or using a good pair of briefs you should be alright.
    3) It will stop you, not a whole lot of rebound, but if the straps are tight it will hold you.
    4) you can control where the suit locks up by how loose the straps are, but if its on tight you're going to probably have trouble with depth. Takes awhile to properly break in.

personally I'd say if your squat isn't at 650 - 700 min there's other suits you can use that will probably serve you better.
    I also use some predator briefs from Inzer that work extremely well. (double ply)
    And everybody I know who lifts has had great results from titans super centurion suit. (single and double ply)

Hope this helps, anything specific feel free to ask.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now, I use an Ace suit with some slightly oversized Pro briefs. PR is 690 at a BW of about 215. I actually bought the suit of of Patrick Helber out of Lexen over the Summer and have zero complaints about the suit itself. I was mainly looking for some more feedback on the Jack line as most of the prominent guys outside of Carroll and Joey Smith have switched back to Ace suits after a trial with Jack suits. I may end up getting a Jack shirt as I really like the low cut neck, but I need to get my bench up before I switch to a triple ply shirt.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I were you I probably wouldn't worry about the Jack suit then. If you get the chance to try one out it would probably give you some insight, but I doubt there'd be to much of a gain. The only other comment is on how soft it feels.

Perhaps try some other brands briefs, they each work in different ways, the predator / metal suit combo is a really good one.

The two guys with Jack shirts love them. But they are tough to adjust, kind of a put it on and go type deal. If you follow the links for the meet videos you'll see some of our training videos on youtube as well. The jack shirts have tighter sleeves then bash line, I do know that first hand.
    Last edited by Sorrow; 11-23-2012 at 09:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
    If I were you I probably wouldn't worry about the Jack suit then. If you get the chance to try one out it would probably give you some insight, but I doubt there'd be to much of a gain. The only other comment is on how soft it feels.

Perhaps try some other brands briefs, they each work in different ways, the predator / metal suit combo is a really good one.

The two guys with Jack shirts love them. But they are tough to adjust, kind of a put it on and go type deal. If you follow the links for the meet videos you'll see some of our training videos on youtube as well. The jack shirts have tighter sleeves then bash line, I do know that first hand.
    I am extremely fortunate to be training with a Pro in that I not only get technique feedback, but also insight into different gear combos. I will most likely be getting some new briefs at some point next year, but need to settle in a weight class before I do so. My shirt is an Ace and I really like it compared to the Inzer Rage X shirts that I have tried.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always been a huge fan of metal shirts, something about the way they cradle the tricep instead of cut into it. I started out with F6 training then used metal (all single ply) before moving onto the double ply bash. Yet for some reason I borrowed a 50 double ply rage x and it worked in training so thats what I used at that last meet. Way too loose though, getting ready to order a new one.

As for cycle update, nothing to report. Squat training tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    11/25/2012
    Bodyweight: 230
    Squat training
    Box squat 1/2 -1" higher then parallel (6 mats)
    *we use a monolift, and 60 lbs, thick squat bar. Thats why the weights may look odd compaired to what you may be used too.
    Warm up
    bar x 3 x 2
    150 x 3
    240 x 3 add belt
    330 x 3
    380 x 3 add knee wraps
    420 x 3
    Add briefs
    470 x 3
    510 x 3
    560 x 2
    600 x 1.5 (came up early on second attempt. Head pressure)

Close stance leg press
    *old leg press machine, assuming 50 lbs sled weight but its probably heavier.
    275 x 10
    365 x 10
    455 x 10
    545 x 8

30 min cardio (walking husky in the park)

Decent workout. Was off the pace on my squats as a result I didn't get in a 3rd accessory lift. Good focus though, decent intensity, for a sunday morning. On the second 600 lbs attempt I got spooked, have to get used to the pressure in my head again. First day back in gear for squats since my meet.

I think the weight gain is purely from thanksgiving binge eating, not any kind of sup.