User Tag List

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's HEAVY squatting. I'll look forward for your progress next week after the trip

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Sorrow's powerlifting log

Sorrow, at what point in the movement did you (or do you typically) find as the weak point? Off the floor? Floor to knees? Knees to lockout? Just curious.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Sorrow, at what point in the movement did you (or do you typically) find as the weak point? Off the floor? Floor to knees? Knees to lockout? Just curious.
    For me its normaly floor to knees, or just poor positioning from bad habit (I tend to be too far over the bar when I miss a lift. Some methods I use to work on the launch or start of the lift is one and halfs, deficit pulls, and against bands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    11/5/2013
    Bench day
    Body weight: 248

warmed up raw
    bar x 5
    135 x 5
    225 x 5
    275 x 3
    315 x 3
    365 x 2
    Added Metal JAck bench shirt
    455 x 2 to a 2.5 board
    535 x 1 to a 2 board
    590 x 1 to a 1 board (another grinder)

At this point I think 590 / 600 is probably the absolute limit for my equipped bench. Mostly wanted to work on getting some heavy weight in my hands and work down to low boards. Not sure where to adjust the shirt to get it to touch like I'm used too. I don't mind having to grind out the 590 as I did get it in the end. No accessory work tonight. Probably get that in friday night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
    For me its normaly floor to knees, or just poor positioning from bad habit (I tend to be too far over the bar when I miss a lift. Some methods I use to work on the launch or start of the lift is one and halfs, deficit pulls, and against bands.
    Sounds similar to me. If I can lift it the first 6", the lift is as good as done. And there are times I am, like you, a bit too much over the bar and I can't even get it off the ground at all!

One and halfs? Never heard of that. Do one full rep, then 1/2 rep and repeat?

I've heard the term deficit pulls, but have no idea what that is, either. Educate me in the PL lingo, brother!
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds similar to me. If I can lift it the first 6", the lift is as good as done. And there are times I am, like you, a bit too much over the bar and I can't even get it off the ground at all!

One and halfs? Never heard of that. Do one full rep, then 1/2 rep and repeat?

I've heard the term deficit pulls, but have no idea what that is, either. Educate me in the PL lingo, brother!
    For deficit pull (which is out 3rd movement on DL day) we stand on the 4" bumper plates and get to work. YOu have to get much lower to pull the weight off the ground, these are fkn brutal! For RE days, we're doing about 65% at 2x8 or 2x10
    POWERLIFTERS PUT IT DEEPER IN THE WHOLE!!! WHAT???!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    For deficit pull (which is out 3rd movement on DL day) we stand on the 4" bumper plates and get to work. YOu have to get much lower to pull the weight off the ground, these are fkn brutal! For RE days, we're doing about 65% at 2x8 or 2x10
    Ugh. not sure I can bend down that far without altering my form completely, but I'll never know unless I try.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugh. not sure I can bend down that far without altering my form completely, but I'll never know unless I try.
    They're definitely a huge builder in DL strength for me. They're extremely difficult, but boy are they beneficial in improving my hip and glute strength!
    POWERLIFTERS PUT IT DEEPER IN THE WHOLE!!! WHAT???!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah one and halfs I'll see if I can find a video of us doing. There's basicly two ways to do it
    1) You setup and start a deadlift pulling to the top of your knees, then stop and reverse back to the floor, but as soon as you feel it touch bottom, you explosively launch all the way to lockout. Then return all the way to the floor. Thats one rep.

2) You setup like normal and perform one full pull all the way to lockout, then control the weight down pushing your hips back like normal, to the top of your knees. Then explosively pull back up too lockout. Then lower all the way to the floor. Thats one rep.

I usualy do option 1 to work my start. It provides a little stretch reflex to the hamstrings kind of like on the bench or squat. There may be a video of my doing them somewhere, I'll post it if I find it.

Deficit pulls,
    I have the same issue with my knees going to far forward if Its too high. I figured out I could use thin sheets of plywood to change the height slightly. Small jumps at a time. But, it is very productive! By extending the total duration of the lift and being slightly out of position deeper then normal you really work the whole movement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I could just find 45s in a 30 inch diameter I wouldn't have a problem at the bottom. Lol