Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    12/30/2012
    Squat day
    Box and bands(green bands from the bottom, at least 120 lbs at my height)box 5 mats -1" parallel
    Body weight 245.7
    warmup
    150 x 3
    150 x 3 + bands
    240 x 3 + bands
    add knee wraps
    330 x 2 + bands
    420 x 1 + bands
    Add Metal Jack suit (straps down)(add 2 mats = +1" parallel)
    510 + bands x 1
    600 + bands x 1 (straps up loose)
    690 x 1 (no bands) (straps same)

static hold (in full gear)
    780 x 8 seconds

leg press
    405 x 8
    495 x 8 x 2

close stance press (working glutes/hamstrings)
    495 x 8
    585 x 5
    675 x 5

Decent training session. We were a little light on spotters today but still got in what I wanted in my suit. The bands from the bottom were brutal. Wound up leaving them off when I worked up to a max. The box was mostly to start fine tuning my depth. Went up too 7 mats in the suit which is still 2 mats less then what I did previously so I'm still going in the right direction. Then did a solid 8 second hold. Still working on conditioning myself to handle over 700 on my back. Decent accessory work. Again I have no idea how much the sled on our leg press is but I got a good burn going.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    crazy looking session, that is some serious weight.
    The spirit that I have seen may be the devil: and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy, as he is very potent with such spirits, abuses me to damn me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1/1/2013
    body weight: 245
    Bench training.
    warm up
    135 x 5
    185 x 3
    225 x 3
    275 x 3
    315 x 2
    Add Metal jack bench shirt
    405 x 2 2.5" board
    455 x 1 1.5" board
    505 x 1 1" board
    525 x 1 1" board

Close grip floor press
    175 x 10
    185 x 5
    205 x 5
    225 x 10
    245 x 10

bare bones bench session to kick off 2013. The 505 and 525 were smooth and good. You'll notice the closer I get to the competition I'll limit my raw work while I work on perfecting my bench technique. Also was feeling warn down from sundays squat and snow shoveling.. oh and new years partying... So only the one accessory exercise today but I did feel a good amount of work done on my triceps.

All in all I feel great kicking off this year this way!

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) milehighguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent log and some impressive numbers...

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feeling stronger throughout PCT? or much the same? Numbers are very impressive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    Feeling stronger throughout PCT? or much the same? Numbers are very impressive
    Somewhat weaker, its easy to cover up as I'm using powerlifting gear. But, with bench for instance while I feel I've retained most of the top end max strength I built I did loose some midrange rep power. IE 4 sets of 315 would probably be too much right now where as 3 weeks ago I could power through it.

I believe (warning this could be viewed as bro science) That while your muscles can be forced to generate more power rather rapidly, your joints and ligaments take much longer to condition to the new loads. This is where the gear helps, as well as some patience. Muscles can be anabolicly induced, electrically stimulated, or through other pathways forced to make more powerful contractions. However the body has other things that limit maximum output. So while you may see me do what appear to be ultra heavy partials, holds, board work. The reality is I'm looking for 10 - 20 lbs over the course of year in a given lift. Gear can and will add to this but without the skill to handle it you wont perform the lifts correctly. Use as many plies as you wish, and whatever anabolics you wish, there is still maximums to how much you can grow and improve and you will get injured trying to push too far, too hard, too fast.
    Lay the most most bad ass tripple ply, scoop neck, open back bench shirt on earth on a bench, set the bar up for 135 lbs and see if that bench shirt can press the weight.. it can't. Its still the person. Same as the driver of a sports car, or the athlete swinging the bat. For a corked bat to make the ball go farther someone still has to have the skill to target the ball and time the swing!
    ...I'll get off my soap box now, sorry. Had someone ask me a ton of retarded questions at work today.

The biggest thing is the reduced recovery. I'm feeling the wear and tear this week. Which is fine I had planned on slowing down as I go into my meet preparation, but it is rather obvious (to me at least) My body weight seems to be somewhat stable slight shift upward in bodyfat but not enough to make me go oh shit yet. I'll take measurements again this weekend as I round out week two. Just for reference.

Thanks man!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by milehighguy View Post
    Excellent log and some impressive numbers...
    Thanks! Nice to have your feedback

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1/3/2012
    body weight 245.6

rack pulls (set at my knee cap height)
    225 x 5
    315 x 3
    belt
    405 x 3
    495 x 3
    585 x 3
    635 x 1
    675 x 0 (felt caluss tearing and stopped)

standing shrugs
    315 x 10 x 2
    365 x 10

Hammer Curls
    45 x 8 each
    50 x 8
    55 x 8

Didn't want to pull of the floor today. Figured rack pulls were a good alternative to full deadlifts, considering what my squats have been recently. I'm happy my body weight has stayed stable last 2 weeks. I had the 675 started but when the grip starts to go, it goes. I need to grind down some of the dead skin again so i can get a better starting grip. All and all still got a decent workout in. Since this was top end work I didn't see the need to wear my suit. Now two days of rest.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    9 More days and I'll be in PCT myself. I'm debating whether or not to train the first week or just rest. Hopefully I don't gain too much bodyfat though, either way as soon as it's done, I'm going on a hardcore shredding routine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    9 More days and I'll be in PCT myself. I'm debating whether or not to train the first week or just rest. Hopefully I don't gain too much bodyfat though, either way as soon as it's done, I'm going on a hardcore shredding routine
    I'd say keep training. I think that the body wouldn't react well to the loss of anabolics and a pause in training. I suggest something along the lines of a deload week. But with the amazing condition your in you may not even need that!