User Tag List

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorrow's powerlifting log

As an introduction of sorts, I was/am active (lurking) on PP's forum where I found the info from guys like Heretostudy and Eric to be very informative. As far as basic stats:
    Height: 6' before squats, 5'10" after..
    Weight: currently 225 lbs. Heaviest was 251 last december.
    Body fat: 18 - 22% (dexa scan)
    General lifting experience: 12 years.
    Competitive powerlifting: 3.5 years
    Best competition lifts:
    Squat: 515 raw @ 238 lbs (march 2012) 640 multiply @ 218 lbs (oct 2012)
    Bench: 340 raw " 480 doubleply "
    Deadlift: 555 raw @ 245 lbs (dec 2011) 550 singleply @ 242 lbs (march 2011)

I've competed 18 times, and thus far have achieved at least 1 pr in every meet I've ever entered after the first.
    World championships:
    WABDL 242 lbs bench
    WNPF 242 lbs open full power

I had a lot on my plate this last year so I didn't hit as many meets, lots of work and I went back to college at night. Also wound up switching gyms. But things are looking up for 2013!

I usually start/end the year with alot of raw work. Mostly to recondition my joints and let my body reset. Last year was the first year I went multiply so there was a major learning curve. I also have realized that the gear will cover up or help you develop some weakness's that need to be addressed to continue to grow. That said I'll most likely be getting back into some gear soon.

I don't normally worry to much about my diet. In fact that is probably my biggest hindrance. I usually will pay attention when Im about a month out from a competition as thats usually when I am locked into a weight class. Other then that I just monitor my weight and body fat levels. I try and keep them somewhat in check.

Any questions feel free to ask and I'll get to them when I get back, bench training tonight.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some imrpessive numbers, looking forward to following your journey.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in for this! Looks interesting

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ths looks interesting. very impressive numbers.
    what does your current trainng look like? What have you used in the past?

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Subbed for some PRs. What's your template look like?
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @XXIV
    Up to 2011 I only used the basic sups most of which I still use. Multivitamin, creatine, different proteins. Just about everything on the list for Animal (by universal, post ban) I have tried out. Then starting over the last year I worked my way into some light pro hormone usage which is where primordial performance and the andro series came in. Unfortunately with the recent events I guess Ill be looking for some other avenues as we are all aware they will no longer be in production. BUT I will be watching for any news out of Eric and company as I really did have a good overall experience with Andro mass, hard, lean. v2, and v3. It was actually prompted by discovering I have naturaly low test levels. It appears most of my old military unit and good number of other vets I know all have the same low numbers. Something we were most likely exposed to overseas, but I'll leave that alone for now. While working with my doctor was when I first tried the andro series. And now we're dialing in my HRT so going forward that will be a factor in my cycle choices.

All that being said, here is what my cycle will look like sup wise for Nov.-dec.
    Multi: Animal pak.
    What can I say, I honestly feel good when I take a pak in the morning.
    Creatine: Con-cret.
    It's worked well for me. Based on my records I can honestly say there is 3-5 lbs (water) weight lost when I run out, and usually much better recovery when I take it. No real bloating, just a good solid full feeling.
    Pre-workout: Jak3d
    Eh this stuff helps wake me up as I usually go straight from work to the gym.
    Hormone base: Testosterone Cypionate 150 every 2 weeks.
    Been working with my doc on this one. Lots of blood work, he's been open to tweaking it I'm slowly working my way towards a closer dosing scheme. (I want weekly)
    Topical: Trenazone
    Was going to run andro enhance, but I wanted a product that I could have access to all year if I like it.
    Pro Hormone: Ultradrol
    Yeah I know, kinda goes in the face of something available all year. I'm thinking of this as a kick start, maybe try mechabol if this works out. I'm open to suggestions though. My first thought was an 8 week andro mass/hard run. But a fellow gym rat is passing on this as he's going all in on some stronger stuff so I figured I'd see how this feels.
    Additional cycle support: Organ shield (purus labs)

The dosages will be real basic
    Pak: 1 a day
    organ shield: 1 am 1 pm
    trenazone: 1 ml daily
    Ultradrol: 8/12/16/16

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    11/20/2012
    Bench
    Warmup
    135 x 8
    225 x 5
    225 x 5
    275 x 3
    Loose Rage X training shirt
    385 x 2 off 2.5" boards
    405 x 2 off 2" boards
    455 x 2 "
    475 x 1 "
    495 help at lockout
    Bench shirt off

close grip bench with bands from the bottom (reds)
    205 x 10
    255 x 8
    275 x 4 (triceps fried)

Standing curls
    45's x 8 x 2

Wasn't actually planning on shirting up tonight, but my shoulder was a little sore from some chain work last week.

@Rodja
    Honestly there isn't so much of a "template" anymore. Although there is some guidelines. I basically train heavy three days out of the week (currently tues, thurs, sun morning) Each day I focus on one of the big three. Squat, bench, deadlift. I also do not do any of them more then once in a week, or back to back.
    My Plan is:
    Today: bench lockout work
    thursday 22: Thanksgiving, eat, recover, eat more
    sunday 25: squat, box squat. Need to rebuild some of my raw squat strength down in the hole.
    tues 27: Bench probably hanging bands to protect my shoulders
    thursday 29: deadlift

It keeps rotating from there. As far as the structure of the workout, I do my main lift to a given weight. For example tonight I was working off a 2 board, low reps just doubles followed by a single to get used to having 500# in my hands again. I then do two accessories. Also at any given time I can adjust the range on my main lift to avoid injury.

Closer to the meet I'll dial back on the accessory work and focus on doubles and singles in whatever gear (raw or equipped)
    Also cardio can be mixed in as needed (I own a husky, our walks are usually enough) but sometimes on a saturday or friday Ill add in some kettlebell work as I find that to just be a good stretch. I only own a little 35 lb bell so I don't over do it.

Looking at it in writing it probably sounds horribly un-scientific but there is a method to the madness. In bodybuilding terms if you see a lagging body part you would adjust the workout to try and catch up that particular body part. In powerlifting terms I try and work on any specific deficiencies in my lifts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Video's from my last meet:
    Squat 1 640# (no good)
    Dukes Iron Zoo/Lexen Meet Tim Squat 1 10-13-12 - YouTube

Squat 2 640#
    Dukes Iron Zoo/Lexen Meet 10-13-12 Tim Squat 2 - YouTube

Bench 1 Opener 435#
    Dukes Iron Zoo/Lexen Meet 10-13-12 Tim Bench 1 - YouTube

bench 2 460# (pr)
    Dukes Iron Zoo/Lexen Meet 10-13-12 Tim Bench 2 - YouTube

Bench 3 470# (pr)
    Dukes Iron Zoo/Lexen Meet 10-13-12 Tim Bench 3 - YouTube

Deadlift 3 540#
    Dukes Iron Zoo/Lexen Meet 10-13-12 Tim Deadlift 3 - YouTube

I had a real bad start to the day, I had a head cold with a lot of head congestion, and during my first squat attempt I actually poped my left ear drum. What thought was just fluid backing up from my nose was actualy blood filling my ear. At the end of the first vid you can see me grab my head after the lift. No excuses though I should have done better on the squat, and I was just exhausted by the deadlift. Oh well, on to the next one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I smell is food..
    but anyways I will be starting off this cycle tomorrow. Goal being a 1 month run followed by bloods if i can get into my doc in late december. (just for curiosity sake)
    Following this I plan on running mechabol/trenazone combo heading into my meet in march.
    Starting (pre thanksgiving) body weight: 226
    Body fat: 23%

*Note I use a wifi scale that logs weight and "body fat" it tends to read high but for logging purposes it will allow me to trend if I see bf% going up or down from this point. I have compared it to a same day dexa, bod pod, so I know about how far off it is. In the absence of more scientific equipment I make do.

week 1 schedule

1 animal pak with breakfast meal early am
    ultradrol 8mg prior to lunch (11 am ish)
    organ shield post lunch

pre-workout
    2 scoops concret
    1 scoop jack3d micro

1ml trenazone post shower at night

Will adjust dosages as necessary week two.
    All feedback on timing is welcome as I am new to both ph's. Was mostly trying to keep them from competing for absorption with anything else.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    unless you plan on sleeping alone i would suggest trenazone am, I am overly worried about transfer though as i have children.

UD and trenazone look good. I have some in the stock pile but haven't tried it yet.
    I take it no need to pct due to the cyp. Ai on hand?

Your comp videos are great, thanks for sharing them. I am going to give one a whirl.