User Tag List

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weekend's Progress Log

Well, my last thread was beaten to death. So I decided to start a new one. Just gonna post PRs, some workouts here and there, and of course progress pics.

This weekend (ha) got my girl to take some post-workout pics of me...

Current stats:
    187-193 lb fluctuates.. this means i got about a 20-25 lb gain from the test cycle.
    5'11"
    bodyfat 12ish%
    Deadlift PR 405x4
    Squat PR 365x1
    Bench PR 225x3x8
    OHP PR 165x5
    BB Row PR 225x10

last week I got 2 sets of 8 on 90 lb weighted dips... it was gnarly

Arms Day on saturday (set a PR on weighted chins, 70 lb 3x6):
    armsday.jpgbackshot.jpg

Shoulder day yesterday:
    Shouldersday.jpg

I want to get bigger... hold me to some progress my swole brethren
    Last edited by weekend; 05-27-2013 at 10:35 PM.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Weekend's Progress Log

You sure are a pretty feller. Especially like your smile. Lol.

All kidding aside, you've got a good physique on you and from the way it sounds, you've made some pretty substantial progress and still continue to do so based on your DL increases lately.

If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been training and had you done other cycles (ph or aas) prior to your test cycle?
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    training for like 7 years, was vegan for a lot of that time... became serious as soon as i tried androhard, that shit gave me a push like no other and made me realize working out was something i really liked. It also turned me back into a carnivore, i had been vegetarian since 7th grade.

once i got on androhard+phytotest(lol) (summer 2011) and subsequently started eating meat (within 2 weeks of being on, totally wasn't planning on it, but started dreaming of eating steaks in closets and hiding it from friends/family so as not to lose my pride of lasting so long??) i gained 18 lbs. went from like 140-158.

over the next 6 months, i put on another 7, got to 165. then (janurary - march2013) i took androbulk and androhard v3 stacked at 6 each a day for 8 weeks, plus another 2 weeks of androhard at 6 pills, tapered it into PCT like you recommended actually. I also did GOMAD for the whole cycle. that cycle took me from 165 to 194. I was pretty bloated and fat though. Slowly, i cut down to around 165 with a complete change in composition over the next 5-6 months.

Then i started bulking and got back to 173 before started my test cycle in october 2012, gained a pound a day for like the first 10 days and the rest is history...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If memory serves me correctly, you gained around 35 lbs on that test cycle and then cut back 20 lbs post cycle.

Since you brought up the vegan thing, was that done for health purposes or because of animal cruelty or something else? Always curious of people's reasons for beginning that way of eating and then find it interesting when they come back to meat again. Sounds like the body was craving meat both physically and subconciously in order to feed that new growth.

So though you've been training for 7 years, it has been in the last 2 years that you have put on ~45-50lbs of muscle. Impressive change in a very short time. Nice going, bud.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was able to get to 150 while vegan, but lost it all when classes became tough. started androhard in the summer after a big year of school so i was 140 when i started that cycle. it was 6 weeks 18 lbs, really all said and done i gained a huge amount for that time period. haha.

vegan thing was done for animal cruelty purposes only, the environment and my health was a bonus. at first i felt health benefits: my skin, sleep and heart felt great. cardio was great. blood pressure super healthy.

i noticed my nuts grew a lot when i came back to meat, i think i never had fed them properly and being veggie in middle school was really a bad idea, but live and learn.

over time though, i was veggie for 8 years (including vegan), vegan for 2, i felt like my body was hurting, i would lose weight really fast randomly, emotionally it was frustrating to never have anything to eat and everyone pestering me about why i would do that, and with lifting... i couldn't gain shit and my joints started hurting.

to gain as a vegan: 6k calories MINIMUM at the low weight of 140 lb. lol. i think it may be conducive to low levels of natty anabolic hormone too, so that might explain. i was seriously shitting 6x per day for that whole 8 year period.

for anyone who doesn't want to be big or feel like a man... i'd recommend it

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Jack O'Neill's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Weekend's Progress Log

Great body ! And very great smile :-)

What are your next steps now? Clean bulk naturally ?
    - I see you're on that famous beer and mustard diet. How's that workin' out for ya?
    Col. Jack O'Neill - Stargate SG1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack O'Neill View Post
    Great body ! And very great smile :-)

What are your next steps now? Clean bulk naturally ?
    currently trying to get lean and destroy what's left of the gyno. then i will be clean bulking until...

october i plan to start my cycle of test ace (350/wk) and mast prop (525/wk). gonna run that 10-12 weeks depending how i feel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    i was veggie for 8 years...

for anyone who doesn't want to be big or feel like a man... i'd recommend it
    lol

But seriously, thanks for the info on your veggie/vegan journey. It's interesting and insightful. Some people seem to handle it better than others. I'd say those who lean toward the endomorphic body style with their slower metabolic rates might be able to do better. Even mesomorphs with an endomorphic slant would probably do reasonably well. But ectomorphic or ecto/meso body styles will tend to starve themselves I think, unless they find alternate ways to load additional calories into the body.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think i am a mesomorph, but not sure if those body types really can be stuck in only 3 groups.

i am naturally not muscular, and have a bodyfat of 16%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    i think i am a mesomorph, but not sure if those body types really can be stuck in only 3 groups.

i am naturally not muscular, and have a bodyfat of 16%
    Ecto, Ecto/Meso, Meso/Ecto, Meso, Meso/Endo, Endo/Meso, Endo are the bodytypes, with endlessly varying degrees of each on what would be a sliding scale, really. So the 3 groups, with endless combinations of each.

I'm ecto in my native state, with just a little meso mixed in. Started training at 95 lbs of bodyweight. When I stopped training for several years, I shrunk from 200 down to 140. Muscle melts off me like warm butter if I don't feed and stimulate it.