Excuse my rant... I'd say for about the last year or so, i've had a gnawing feeling, festering in my gut. I would say that for the past 12 years or so, I have been a fan of bodybuilding, but now I feel like i'm drifting away from it.

Here are some of the things I have come to find out and accept in the sport/hobby of bodybuilding:

-Supplements do not work.
-Prohormones work, but not like the real thing.
-Steroids are for competing, and the better and further you want to go, the more you have to use.
-Genetics play a big role in how far you go in BB.
-99.9% of us will never step on a pro stage. And those of us attempting to go there, God bless you and all the luck to you.

Probably since 2000, when I started working as a bouncer in nightclubs, I started to read all the bodybuilding magazines, and there were 2 that I did not miss a month of- Flex and Muscular Development. I put on a lot more size and added more strength, thanks to the information and motivation found in those magazines. I dabbled in prohormones and brought things up another level around 2004 and so on. After finding a good job and leaving the nightclub industry behind me, I still wanted to keep pursuing an ideal physique. I got back into supplements and started to go online and join the forums.

So here I am, still reading MD and Flex, but I find myself not wanting to buy them anymore. I dont want to follow bb competitors and the shows they compete in any longer. Why? I look back to the 70's and 80's of bodybuilding and I think, that was when bb was the best, imo. My favorite Mr.O's are Arnold Schwarzenegger and Lee Haney, and guys like Sergio, Surge, Lou, were awesome. I have to admit, the 90's produced some friggen rock stars in Shawn Ray, Kevin Levrone, Paul Dillet, Vince Taylor and so on.

Today though, it seems like it's all about the cocktail going into competitiors body's these days. From site injecting, to research peptides, and gobs of gh and test, and other agents like dnp, clen and so on. Today's bodybuilder seems more like a plump, cooked, turkey than a well trained athlete. Their health is very well in question, and the long term health is a larger mystery. My friend has said BB is a joke now days, and i'm starting to agree with him. Okay, rant is pretty much over.