User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) nate3993's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Libido/ Confession

So my Libido is a shady mofo. Even with sunlight, fats, fruits, veggies, etc it can be hit or miss. I also have Lyme disease and lyme disease is a shady mofo. Symtoms get worse in the winter and I must say, as soon as it started to finally cool down here, my libido has too. So, here's my question. What do you guys think about taking a libido supplement like maca indefinitely? Is that bad? Am i just masking my issue? I'm also awating to see my endo again about my thyroid and possible cushing disease, high cortisol. So this could factor in too. I have a lot going on in me. There's a good chance i'm hypo thyroid, and that I have the cushing disease. I'll find out in January when I go back what the cortisol and thyroid tests say. And then the Lyme could be causing the cortisol/ thyroid issue. I hate not having a raging libido like i used to. I also noticed on my hormone test that my prolactin was almost at the very top of the range. In 2 separate tests, my FSH has been below the lowest of the range. High prolactin will supress FSH. I also would get itchy nips, and nips would look a little puffy. So i started taking L-dopa and P5P and that took away a decent amount of the puffyness and the itchyness is gone. Dam, this post is getting complicated. Anyway, i had assumed past SD use with not so good pct's had fuked up my t and that's why i had libido isses, but my test was been in the 600's in 2 separate tests from quest, but one labcorp test said my test was 454. I also seem to not have been all that great since using ostarine. Only used it for 2 weeks and used it with a test booster, but 2 weeks in, my libido was gone. So I don't know. I'd like to just be able to get sunlight, eat right, sleep right and have a high libido, but maybe that's just not in the cards for me. I also have to admit to you guys something. I'm way to young to have used steroids, a sarm, peptides. That's the truth. I'm just gonna be honest with you guys. I've done some really immature things. even knowing all about pct's, the dangers, I still took these compounds. I know that I should prolly never use hormones again until I'm old and have to go on TRT. Even a mild DHT hormone when I'm in my mid to late 20's is something I plan on avoiding because of past irresponsible use. You guys would never have thought it, but yep, I'm only 19 years old, will be 20 in march. It's crazy, I know. My knowledge, way I post, you'd never think I was a fukin teen. All I do now, is make sure my friends don't use anything if they're under 21, and my friends that are 21 and over and wanna cycle, i make sure that if they do use, I make a cycle out for them and make sure they have support supps, and a good pct. I also do my best to deter anyone under 21 that hormones aren't needed. I just try and make sure people use em responsibly, unlike me. My first cycle? 4 weeks of Superdrone at 17. Insane. If i could go back, I so would. Not worth it any way shape or form. So yeah, there's my confession.

I know there's 101 and one factors going on here, but what do you think? My thought is that, If healthy living doesn't give me a good libido, then nothing wrong with taking maca daily to help me out.

I've actually wanted to tell you guys for a while that I'm just a kid. This is a tight community, and is really like a family. I don't like being dishonest period, and kind of felt like i was putting on a facade talking about use like I was of age to be using these compounds. Now you guys know. I apologize for my immaturity, and hope you guys won't think too low of me. Thanks for reading.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    age is irrelevant and a non issue... don't worry, i wish i could be your age.

i can't really help with the libido issue but i wish you the best of luck.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your high prolactin is likely the cause of your libido issues. Your testosterone level is high enough to support a sex drive. Prolactin is a libido diminisher. After the act of sex, there is a rise in prolactin that "staves off" the need for sex again. If that level were to remain high, it is no wonder why your libido is suffering. I'd start there.

As for your youth, there's not one of us who hasn't done stupid things in our younger years. But you are smart enough to have learned from your mistakes. Gotta respect that.
    Last edited by burlyman30; 11-20-2012 at 06:20 PM.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Your high prolactin is likely the cause of your libido issues. Your testosterone level is high enough to support a sex drive. Prolactin is a libido diminisher. After the act of sex, there is a rise in prolactin that "staves off" the need for sex again. If that level were to remain high, it is no wonder why your libido is suffering. I'd start there.

As for your youth, there's not one of us who hasn't done stupid things in our younger years. But you are smart enough to have learned from your mistakes. Gotta respect that.
    i think it may be other things as I've been taking the l-dopa nd P5P for a few weeks, and i noitced a lil bit of an increase, but nothing major. 1 day on maca though, and i've noticed a very significant increase. i'm loving it. i've been taking paragon, NMDA and some other things, and thought it was gonna give me a huge libido boost like i hear from other people that took intimidate, but not much of a boost. aggression in the gym is phenomenal though and pumps are way better, but not too much of a libido boost.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your libido problems are mainly because of thyroid issues. Once you sort that out there will be lot of improvement.
    Because your thyroid is sluggish your brain sends TRH to send more TSH which stimulates thyroid to work harder, problem is that TRH along TSH stimulates prolactin production (hence prolactin issues).
    E2 and thyroid have big, big impact on libido- no matter how high tt is if these two are out, your libido is going to suffer.

Anyway, I appreciate your honesty, its good thing you've done, because we are going to help you, and we will sort you out- ant to sort you out we need correct details, bloodworks etc...
    Last edited by Jelisej; 11-20-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelisej View Post
    Your libido problems are mainly because of thyroid issues. Once you sort that out there will be lot of improvement.
    Because your thyroid is sluggish your brain sends TRH to send more TSH which stimulates thyroid to work harder, problem is that TRH along TSH stimulates prolactin production (hence prolactin issues).
    E2 and thyroid have big, big impact on libido- no matter how high tt is if these two are out, your libido is going to suffer.
    i started taking raw thyroid after i had my thyroid blood test done. i do feel better, and finally, the fat in my mid section
    Anyway, I appreciate your honesty, its good thing you've done, because we are going to help you, and we will sort you out- ant to sort you out we need correct details, bloodworks etc...
    after i had my last thyroid blood test, i started taking raw thyroid. 1 a day. i feel much better, plus the fat in my mid section is melting away. you have no idea how long i've been trying to get "cut". is this a bad idea?

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Libido/ Confession

Good catch on the potential thyroid issue, j. It will be interesting to see if the tests confirm this.

Nate, I may have misunderstood you. I did not realize you were currently using anti prolactin measures. Of course, unless you take bloods during your usage it is difficult to know the effectiveness of your protocol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you like girls after all?!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate3993 View Post
    after i had my last thyroid blood test, i started taking raw thyroid. 1 a day. i feel much better, plus the fat in my mid section is melting away. you have no idea how long i've been trying to get "cut". is this a bad idea?
    Personaly, I think you should continue working with endo- so I think is best not to supplement with anything now as it may mask/hamper you tests, once its established what the problem is and how deep it is, it will be easier to decide whats the best option for you. Chances are that you will end up taking T3, and once your dosage is established thins will start coming back into the place. I would not waste time as at the moment your adrenals are working overtime to help out your thyroid.
    Anyway- as I said once things start coming in place your libido will improve. Try not to get stress out about it, because if you start doubting yourself that can have negative impact as self-assurance is big part of healthy libido.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Good catch on the potential thyroid issue, j. It will be interesting to see if the tests confirm this.

Nate, I may have misunderstood you. I did not realize you were currently using anti prolactin measures. Of course, unless you take bloods during your usage it is difficult to know the effectiveness of your protocol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    I'm 100 % sure about it.
    He had bloodworks earlier this year- and his TSH was elevated, at that time I was suspicious about thyroid, I told him that- but we did not have complete bloodworks. Now, everything confirms that thyroid is out of whack.
    Last edited by Jelisej; 11-20-2012 at 07:36 PM.