User Tag List

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice needed on gyno surgery!!

OK for those that don't want to wade through a long post here's the short version: I recently (~ 1 month ago) got on TRT. I am applying the testosterone gel to my scrotum for maximum DHT conversion. I am feeling really good and losing fat. I have gyno surgery scheduled for April 23rd. Should I postpone, because the TRT might reduce the gyno, or because having a better body comp going into the surgery will improve the outcome?

Now the long version: as you may know I've been dealing with this gyno issue for maybe 3 or 4 years. Small at first but it's progressed to the point where the lump under the left nipple is about the size of a peach pit, and the right is maybe a walnut. Now, Eric in his '16 Ways to Fight Gyno' article stated that no gyno is irreversible, just that it may take time and money. I definitely did notice gyno shrinkage on AndroHard. And as mentioned currently applying testosterone gel to scrotum. But who knows, maybe my current degree of gyno is just too big. So the 1st issue is whether the gyno can even be reduced. The 2nd issue is whether or not postponing the surgery would be better from an outcome point of view. I think if TRT helps me lose fat and gain muscle the outcome of the surgery will be better after 6 months or 1 year of TRT. yes? the surgeon recommended lipo for the best result. I have always had fairly fatty chest. However, if the TRT helps to reduce that it may make the lipo unnecessary. 3rd issue is cost. The procedure for the actual gland removal is FREE of cost. The lipo will be $3800. So if TRT makes the lipo unnecessary then I've just saved myself almost 4 grand. I can still get the gland removed for ZERO out of pocket, well except for the ice pack and compression shirt and all that. This has been going on for a few years and it's not like it's going to get horrendously worse in the next 6 months, although it might get better, at least to the point where less surgical intervention is necessary, or possibly none. I'd obviously like to not have to spend 3800 bucks if I don't have to.

So what say you guys? Postpone for 6 months and focus on recomping my body? Or just bite the bullet and pay for the full gland removal and lipo now??

I have until April 8th to cancel or rebook without monetary penalty so let's get those replies! Thanks guys!

Established Member Feedback Score 0 hossam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    consider loosing body fat until you reach 6% body fat
    and from that point start fighting gyno if exists

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would get your body fat down and do whatever possible first and see where ur at with the gyno... If it's tolerable after that so you don't have to go thru surgery.. Not sure how big of a scare the surgery would leave but u cud be more self conscious of it.. I know me personally I'm a kheloid former.. So I scar terribly.. And I have puberty gyno that is tolerable for me. So hard work clean diet see if that gets u where u ~want. If not surgery would still be a viable option... Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) tallstraw's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol 6% gimme a break. Sub 10 is fine, at that point you know how big/small that lump is gonna stay. Just get the removal and forego the lipo. Seems like an easy choice in my mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tallstraw View Post
    Lol 6% gimme a break. Sub 10 is fine, at that point you know how big/small that lump is gonna stay. Just get the removal and forego the lipo. Seems like an easy choice in my mind.
    6%is pretty rough lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Bucks's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a comment I used to have some gyno always bothered me since my earlier years. Since I've ran so many cycles with high dosed stano products , lots of Androhard EPI Andro etc. it is really gone now. I always have used a dry compound with everything I cycled.

I also don't seem to get high estro either even with high doses of wet compounds so I'm sure that has helped as well.

Just my own experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are my thoughts:

I had the surgery about a year ago. I recovered very quickly.

I actually did a 30 day water fast after my surgery. Not only did this help my heal more quickly, but it was part of my recovery protocol from propecia.

The only benefit I can think of for losing more fat before surgery is that the surgeon will be more accurately able to decipher breast tissue from fat tissue. Also they cut out some excess skin that developed from the lump in my case and your skin changes based on your fat %

Hope this helps

Established Member Feedback Score 0 hossam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tallstraw View Post
    6% will give him a clear idea on what is the actual size of his gyno
    for me i had this issue before ( gyno ) at 18% body fat and i thought
    what if i reduce my body fat and see if it is still exist
    and yes it was hard to reach 6% fat as i had to train for 2 hours in the mourning ( cardio )
    and wight lifting for 2 hours evening and strict diet
    i discovered it shrink to the minimum at that point and then started to
    fade away when i cycled primobolan and test E
    Last edited by hossam; 04-06-2015 at 12:33 AM.