Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Man Herbs

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Unfortunately us PFS guys can't take stinging nettle due to the fact that it blocks five 5ar.
    Stinging nettle raises DHT. I researched it for about an hour the other day. Everything I've read on it indicates that it lowers SHGB and raises DHT. It is not a 5ar inhibitor. I was super paranoid it was before I tried it.

Stinging nettle inhibits DHT from binding to the receptors in the prostate, but it doesn't actually lower systemic DHT. You're good on taking it.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Super Man Herbs

Quote Originally Posted by Freepressright View Post
    Stinging nettle raises DHT. I researched it for about an hour the other day. Everything I've read on it indicates that it lowers SHGB and raises DHT. It is not a 5ar inhibitor. I was super paranoid it was before I tried it.

Stinging nettle inhibits DHT from binding to the receptors in the prostate, but it doesn't actually lower systemic DHT. You're good on taking it.
    Ive read studies that said otherwise.....ill have to dig into my pfs file and see if i can pull em out. Ive researched it pretty extensively. Then again you know how studies can be. Can you link me to the articles you read? I would love for it to not block 5ar, but my experiences with using it in the past have suggested it does just that.

I know there are whole groups of people that use it LOWER DHT. I don't see how it could just inhibit DHT in the prostate and nowhere else.

If I'm not mistaken I believe it's even marketed at Superman herbs as a way to lower DHT in your system.

Either way, I can't take it. I listen to my body over any study any day.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 04-19-2015 at 04:58 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive read studies that said otherwise.....ill have to dig into my pfs file and see if i can pull em out. Ive researched it pretty extensively. Then again you know how studies can be. Can you link me to the articles you read? I would love for it to not block 5ar, but my experiences with using it in the past have suggested it does just that.

I know there are whole groups of people that use it LOWER DHT. I don't see how it could just inhibit DHT in the prostate and nowhere else.

If I'm not mistaken I believe it's even marketed at Superman herbs as a way to lower DHT in your system.

Either way, I can't take it. I listen to my body over any study any day.
    There are a myriad of studies suggesting that it could benefit your DHT levels. There's only one study that suggests a possibility that it might inhbit 5ar. But based on your statement, I'm going to assume you've taken it and felt ill effects from it?

I can tell you that I don't feel any ill effects at all. Right now I'm incredibly vascular, so much so that I've had no less than four people this weekend comment on how lean and striated I am. One, in particular, said, "Geez, I can see all your veins! What are you doing these days?!"

I'm not suggesting the nettle is responsible for that, don't misunderstand me. I'm just obviously in a very dry and lean state and the nettle isn't doing anything to take that away from me, nor is it robbing my libido. I feel like I'm on cycle.

I fully understand why you said earlier that you may never need to run a hormone ever again. These herbs are incredible.

But getting back to the studies, these show that the lingans in nettle root can block SHBG from binding into hormones, and thus increase free-testosterone and free-DHT levels:

[Effect of radix urticae extract and its several secondary extracts on blood SHBG in benign prostate hyperplasia]. - PubMed - NCBI
    http://apps.who.int/medicinedocs/pdf/s4927e/s4927e.pdf
    Plant constituents interfering with human sex hormone-binding globulin. Evaluation of a test method and its application to Urtica dioica root extra... - PubMed - NCBI
    Interaction of lignans with human sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG). - PubMed - NCBI

Nettle root was in fact so powerful in a test-tube that it even displaces hormones from SHBG, making them bio-available for the receptors.

Now, in the interest of full disclosure, here's the one study suggesting it MIGHT act as a 5AR inhibitor:

Ameliorative effects of stinging nettle (Urtica dioica) on testosterone-induced prostatic hyperplasia in rats. - PubMed - NCBI

I'm going to listen to my body on this one. If I see any decrease in pumps, vascularity or libido, I'm dumping it in a heartbeat. I've felt the effects of 5AR suppression before and been stuck in the throes of it, albeit not as long as you were, but long enough that a taste of it was all I needed to know I need to stay the fuck away from it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I just looked on the Super Man Herbs site and nettle is NOT being marketed as a way to lower DHT.

Nettle Root Extract - Urtica Dioica - Super Man Herbs

Here's the writeup:

Nettle Root Binds to Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG)

The second problem is that testosterone and its metabolite, dihydrotestosterone (DHT) can be bound to substances like Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) or albumin. This renders the testosterone unusable by your body as its trapped into a non-viable form.

Some of this effect found in nettle root appears to be from the lignans available, including the following six compounds.

Neoolivil
    Secoisolariciresinol
    Dehydrodiconiferyl alcohol
    Isolariciresinol
    Pinoresinol
    3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran (found to be the most powerful one)

Several studies in both humans and animals have shown these effects.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Super Man Herbs

And I just looked on the Super Man Herbs site and nettle is NOT being marketed as a way to lower DHT.

Nettle Root Extract - Urtica Dioica - Super Man Herbs

Here's the writeup:

Nettle Root Binds to Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG)

The second problem is that testosterone and its metabolite, dihydrotestosterone (DHT) can be bound to substances like Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) or albumin. This renders the testosterone unusable by your body as its trapped into a non-viable form.

Some of this effect found in nettle root appears to be from the lignans available, including the following six compounds.

Neoolivil
    Secoisolariciresinol
    Dehydrodiconiferyl alcohol
    Isolariciresinol
    Pinoresinol
    3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran (found to be the most powerful one)

Several studies in both humans and animals have shown these effects.
    My apologies. It wasn't superman herbs that made this statement directly. 2 or so weeks ago superman herbs put out a podcast interviewing mark wilson who runs a boost your testosterone website. He went into the fact that nettle is used to bring down dht levels. His website is the one that markets it this way. You can probably still access the podcast as they have them up on their site.

And yeah, I've run nettle before and gotten the same results both times. at first I feel absolutely great when my testosterone shoots through the roof. I'm sure part of this has to do with being unbound from Sh BG but the other part of it has to do with not being converted into DHT through blocking a 5 AR after a few days of being starved of DHT I crash. it basically does exactly what the propecia did to me just on a much much smaller scale.

And forgive the mistakes in this post as I'm typing from my tablet. I can't access the site correctly on my PC anymore for some reason
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My apologies. It wasn't superman herbs that made this statement directly. 2 or so weeks ago superman herbs put out a podcast interviewing mark wilson who runs a boost your testosterone website. He went into the fact that nettle is used to bring down dht levels. His website is the one that markets it this way. You can probably still access the podcast as they have them up on their site.

And yeah, I've run nettle before and gotten the same results both times. at first I feel absolutely great when my testosterone shoots through the roof. I'm sure part of this has to do with being unbound from Sh BG but the other part of it has to do with not being converted into DHT through blocking a 5 AR after a few days of being starved of DHT I crash. it basically does exactly what the propecia did to me just on a much much smaller scale.

And forgive the mistakes in this post as I'm typing from my tablet. I can't access the site correctly on my PC anymore for some reason
    Believe me when I tell you I am taking everything you say under advisement.

I wonder if I should run it for a few days and cease for a week or so, and then run it again. I dunno. I guess I'll just pay close attention to my sex drive and body comp.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Believe me when I tell you I am taking everything you say under advisement.

I wonder if I should run it for a few days and cease for a week or so, and then run it again. I dunno. I guess I'll just pay close attention to my sex drive and body comp.
    Hard to say. The problem that comes into play here is genetics. You may not have any issues at all FPR. Alot of guys don't. But then alot of guys don't have any drastic problems with propecia either. It's just a small subset of men who have a genetic disposition of being EXTREMELY sensitive to 5ar inhibition. You don't know if you are one of those guys unless you spin the wheel and see what happens.

I know I don't blame you for not wanting it to block 5ar....that feeling in the beginning is just so euphoric....until the crash. I also felt the same way when i first tried Stanzol. It was amazing. And then I woke up about 3 days in, in a panic because I could feel my mind/dick connection was gone. (No DHT) Sure enough, after some research, it was found that the active in Stanzol is also a very powerful 5ar inhibitor. For some reason many aromotase inhibitors also have an effect on 5ar, unfortunately.

So, given my history, these days I'm very careful before putting anything in my system. I have to be.

You could always run it for a week and see if you have any negative reactions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to say. The problem that comes into play here is genetics. You may not have any issues at all FPR. Alot of guys don't. But then alot of guys don't have any drastic problems with propecia either. It's just a small subset of men who have a genetic disposition of being EXTREMELY sensitive to 5ar inhibition. You don't know if you are one of those guys unless you spin the wheel and see what happens.

I know I don't blame you for not wanting it to block 5ar....that feeling in the beginning is just so euphoric....until the crash. I also felt the same way when i first tried Stanzol. It was amazing. And then I woke up about 3 days in, in a panic because I could feel my mind/dick connection was gone. (No DHT) Sure enough, after some research, it was found that the active in Stanzol is also a very powerful 5ar inhibitor. For some reason many aromotase inhibitors also have an effect on 5ar, unfortunately.

So, given my history, these days I'm very careful before putting anything in my system. I have to be.

You could always run it for a week and see if you have any negative reactions.
    That's what I plan to do. Basically, if my wang is working on overdrive and I keep my pumps and vascularity, I think I'm good. If these go south, I'll be depositing this stuff in the nearest trash receptacle.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's what I plan to do. Basically, if my wang is working on overdrive and I keep my pumps and vascularity, I think I'm good. If these go south, I'll be depositing this stuff in the nearest trash receptacle.
    Keep us posted. I'm interested to see what your experience will be.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to rain on anyone's parade, looks like a good site and he seems like a cool dude, but I think pine pollen isn't all it's made out to be. the miniscule traces of whatever hormone it contains are much too little to have any physiological effect. And hormone precursors? well, there may be phytosterols and the like but again I very much doubt there are any hormonal effects. that's not to poopoo all the herbs, though, as many of those are quality herbs that I definitely have felt an effect from. i just really take issue with the marketing of pine pollen, perhaps because one of the main proponents of it is David Wolfe (David Douche) and the guy is not exactly a walking advertisement for healthy longevity and male prowess. Also read below his guide to hormonal optimization, it's pretty funny. If it were written in crayon you might think a fifth grader wrote it after reading some wikipedia articles.
    http://www.thelongevitynowconference...Approach-1.pdf

Anyway, cool site. will have to get me some of those herbs