User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most beers could slaughter your testosterone

I'm glad someone finally put out a comprehensive article about how alcohol affects test levels.

LINK: Alcohol and Testosterone: The Effect of Drinking on Hormones

Love this quote: "It’s also worth mentioning that beer is probably one of the worst alcoholic beverages to enjoy, if you’re interested in not fucking up your testosterone levels. This is because the hops of which most beers are made from contain a very potent phytoestrogen called: 8-Prenylnaringenin. In fact, hops are so estrogenic that the women who pick them up by hand, often experience menstrual problems. Another not so awesome compound in beer is called xanthohumol, which can impair hormone signaling."

Personally, I do not find that alcohol and fitness are a good pair. I very occasionally consume alcohol.

My stepdad drank a 12-pack of beer nightly and I always heard my mom complain about how he had no sex drive. My wife's ex-husband did the same thing and had no erectile function by his early 30s. I've heard female friends complain that their chronic beer drinking spouses either couldn't get it up or couldn't keep it up.

That's a major reason I do not drink but only the VERY occasional beer. It isn't worth my male prowess.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) tallstraw's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They need to make a beer for gainzzzz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tallstraw View Post
    They need to make a beer for gainzzzz
    I think I remember reading that Redbridge is sorghum beer. A pro-DHT beer? Maybe

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. I quit drinking about 3 years ago and have never looked back. Just before my diagnosis with some major digestive issues (ulcerative colitis). Once that happened, I couldn't drink anymore even if I wanted to, there was a kind of silver lining in that ironically. Besides just not feeling like shit all the time, I've managed to get in the best shape of my life.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has been my experience that the vast majority of my friends who regularly engage in consuming domestic beers are the type of guys who get off work at 5, park their ass on the couch and scratch their ass and junk while farting in front of everyone in the room. When it comes to sex, you know damn well they're huffing, puffing, sweating and doing everything they can to keep it up for the five minutes of wind they have in themselves.

Granted, this is not representative of every beer drinker out there, so please don't get offended if you're one of those guys, but if your life revolves around whether you can drink beer, or it roadblocks your ability to do something productive with your evenings on a regular basis, you might have a problem.

I'm not anti-drinking. There's a time and place for it. But I'm thankful that I've come from a LONG lineage of drunks and never felt the need to make it a regular part of my life.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freepressright View Post
    I think I remember reading that Redbridge is sorghum beer. A pro-DHT beer? Maybe
    Too bad it taste like ass.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the other reasons I like cycling hormones is that I can get away with drinking alcohol without suffering the hormonal consequences. I drink on occasion, but it definitely effects my alpha status in a negative way.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

One of the reasons I like cycling hormones is that I can get away with drinking on occasion without suffering the hormonal consequences. I definitely relinquish my alpha status after a night of knocking them back if I'm not enhanced.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 entropy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't be certain but I'm suspicious CD isn't a fan of sorghum beer.
    Cervix stabbing ftw.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One might draw that conclusion

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not gonna lie, I do miss getting smashed. I was a heavy drinker before my propecia days and subsequent journey that followed. While I could never go back to doing that to myself, I do think back fondly to the drunken nights. I just pay too high a price these days. When I do have a drink, it's bourbon, straight up.

Androhard + Bourbon = not being a little girl the next day. Lol.