User Tag List

Thread: Elbow pain!!

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elbow pain!!

Anyone have any good tips for helping with tennis elbow? I've been dealing with it in the outer part of my right elbow on and off for a few months now. Initially I took a few weeks off more or less from everything except light weights and mainly cardio. I've been avoiding lifts that are known to aggravate the condition and also been utilizing some stretches to specifically target tendons in the areas throughout the forearm. This all seems to help but the pain inevitably creeps back. This just sucks, never really dealt with it before but the aching is almost unbearable sometimes, especially in the mornings sometimes. Curls are out, it just hurts too bad, and I have to be careful with some of my shoulder lifts too as they seem to aggravate it more sometimes. I've looked at a couple other options that I haven't tried yet like a cissus supplement, or an elbow support wrap of some kind. One thing that has caught my attention the most is E-Pharm Joint Force Spray which I may give a go, its fairly cheap so I figure why not give it a shot.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Mad Mardigan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joint force is under-rated imo. Very good at relief. Whether it actually cures or just masks symptoms I do not know. Cissus would probably help. Deep stretching if possible may help. High lactic acid can exacerbate the pain. Peptides (bpc 157 and tb 500) have been touted as miracle cures for this and way worse pains so you may want to look into those if peps are an option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
    Joint force is under-rated imo. Very good at relief. Whether it actually cures or just masks symptoms I do not know. Cissus would probably help. Deep stretching if possible may help. High lactic acid can exacerbate the pain. Peptides (bpc 157 and tb 500) have been touted as miracle cures for this and way worse pains so you may want to look into those if peps are an option.
    Definitely going to pick up some Joint Spray, I've read it can be further effective by applying and then placing a wrap around it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elbow pain!!

I use Joint Spray for any injury I come across. One thing it does for sure is it reduces inflammation to promote healing. I have a shoulder/back problem that I aggravate every so often, seems to be when I dig with a shovel a lot, and this stuff alleviates the pain and gets me back to normal in no time.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hank!'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    + 1 for Joint Force, it will not cure your elbow but it will moderate the pain.

I have bad elbow issues, curls and heavy triceps work are the biggest aggravating movements. One thing that helps is using a compression wrap on my right forearm, whenever I do these exercises.

I picked up a pair of these on Ebay Metal Forearm Wrap, they aren't anything special, and you could get away with using a knee wrap or even a really good elastic bandage.

Stretching is equally important , check out Kelly Starrett on you tube, her is the author of Supple Leopard and has quite the following in the cross fit circles.
    Rodja ( a member here) has some given me and many other some good advice on all sorts of recovery and stretching techniques.

hope some of this helps

Here is a link to Kelly Starlett elbow stretch
    Forearm pump/elbow pain | Feat. Kelly Starrett | Ep. 291 | MobilityWOD - YouTube
    Last edited by Hank!; 05-08-2015 at 02:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey thanks for the responses guys. Going to keep up the deep tissue massages and stretches and continue to watch certain lifts. I know one of the best remedies is simply REST but I'm too damn stubborn it seems... Not sure what I was expecting out of this thread; maybe just vent some frustrations about this injury. Fortunately I haven't had to deal with much like this over the past 15 years or so of lifting, this has just been really frustrating to say the least. Glad to see some positive feedback about the Joint Spray. I figured with it being from E-Pharm it would have some merits, I'll probably pick up a bottle and incorporate it in my recovery plan fairly soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go swimming and lift light weights making sure you get full extension on your pressing movements.

Calcium, d3, magnesium, glucosamine, deer antler velvet, gotu kola may be worth looking into

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sit in a seat grasping a 2-pound free weight vertically with your elbow laying on your knee.

Give the heaviness of the free weight a chance to help pivot the arm outward, turning the palm up.

Turn the hand back the other course until the point that your palm is confronting descending.

Rehash multiple times on each side.