User Tag List

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Explain the Science of This

Taking progesterone cream and a DHT pro hormone at the same time.

Both effect 5ar activity.

Is the effect synergistic or opposing, or does it vary?

Thanks

Established Member Feedback Score 0 entropy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the post fin forum please. No man is crazy enough to use progesterone unless he's real desperate. Iirc, we don't know shit about progesterone in men. Pretty sure it occupies the same receptors as dht though..
    Cervix stabbing ftw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply entropy

1. This has no mention of fin

2. Calling me crazy for asking is an ignorant stance. I have had success with it in the past and it's well documented. But I also know that if I don't dose it properly it makes me feel worse

Notably it does wonders for my adrenals, immune system, and mood.

3. Does anyone have a scientific answer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also read that it has the same receptors as DHT. I am simply unsure how they would interact which is why I asked

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's crazy because we don't know squat about it. Treating something we don't know squat about with something we don't know squat about it crazy.

To the meat of things though, as best we can tell it has some kinda androgenic effect in that it opposes estrogen, much like estrogen too much or too little and you've got a problem. However we don't really know why.

The best option would probably be to look into the effect it has into the female body and then backwards rationalise from there. Which is crazy.

Thats why I deem this crazy and fin related. Very, very few men that weren't involved with fin would ever consider using the stuff. No offense meant.
    Cervix stabbing ftw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you, most men wouldn't have a use for it.

Except for men with adrenal fatigue and prostrate issues. Both of which are related to fin as well as perhaps users of deca and other progestin steroids.

It seems to have a balancing effect on hormones. I haven't taken blood tests for two years, but I had exceptional bloods while taking progesterone cream, micro dose letrozole, and dostinex. I had a mini full recovery but then crashed as I got impatient/ambitious and added andractim and seligiline. FWIW. I don't mean to talk about fin here, only science.

I still am curious if one of the scientists on this board wants to chime in.

I also had a theory that since progesterone is a mild 5ar2 inhibitor, that the body fights back by producing more 5ar2 and this works in synergy with its positive effects on estrogen dominance.

Cholesterol>LH>T

And theN T>DHT or T>E2

The testosterone conversion is what seems to be out of whack in fin users, and I think progesterone has positive effects on balancing this part of the chain, as well as regulating Cortisol.

Thanks for the thoughtful replies

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not read an article TBH, but as I explained u number of times before- progesterone cream is no-no, I would not use progesterone cream directly, as it can bound DHT as well as E2, but it kinde more negates effects of DHT if its to high, and it does kill libido if its too high- and on top of that it can raise prolactin.
    And for progesterone to clears off takes very long time, and to makes things worse there is not supplement or meds to bring it down (well there was some med on trial but dont know what happened with it)
    Its better to raise progesterone by using pregnenolone.
    Actually, I'm great fun of pregeneolone and it does have a lot of benefits on its own plus it does raise progesterone among others.

At the end of the day, very important is to have a go to have a good "metabolic rate" otherwise all added hormone do not matabolise cascade properly, meaning that whatever you add you will not have much benefits of it, and possiblly more downside than benefits.
    When one looks at hormonal profile needs to address adrenal, thyrois and sex hormones (in same order) as well, and good start is to have an extensive bloods.

Hope this helps.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could someone lower progesterone boosting thyroid?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniBR View Post
    Could someone lower progesterone boosting thyroid?
    Not sure, as interaction between them is quite complex- and thyroid hormones and progesterone are quite connected people with low thyroid hormones usually have low progesterone levels- increasing thyroid hormones should also increase progesterone "production" but there are many other situations,
    so one thing that is sure is adding thyroid would make better use of progesterone, as it would convert more readily and all hormones would "cascade" better, and would be less aromatisation etc...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelisej View Post
    Not sure, as interaction between them is quite complex- and thyroid hormones and progesterone are quite connected people with low thyroid hormones usually have low progesterone levels- increasing thyroid hormones should also increase progesterone "production" but there are many other situations,
    so one thing that is sure is adding thyroid would make better use of progesterone, as it would convert more readily and all hormones would "cascade" better, and would be less aromatisation etc...
    Jels explanations are great. But.

It's to complicated to mess with progesterone and get a predictable outcome. So.

Short answer: No
    Long answer: Noooooooo
    Last edited by entropy; 08-04-2015 at 08:43 AM.
    Cervix stabbing ftw.