Thread: Test Results

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelisej View Post
    and taurine

also you may add vitamin d, 5000 IU daily or 35 000 weekly whatever suits you, and we'll see where it will get you

probiotics or kefir (or something) for intestines
    Will do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and taurine

also you may add vitamin d, 5000 IU daily or 35 000 weekly whatever suits you, and we'll see where it will get you

probiotics or kefir (or something) for intestines

try to work on circadian rhytm- going to bed at good time and waking up at good time,
    proper hydration- not too little or too much (monitor colour of urine, as it can give clues)
    exercise again not too little and not too much etc...

night before tests skip exercise
    Thanks for the added info:
    I'm reducing the intensity of my workouts but hope to hit the gym a little more frequently.
    I'll keep an eye on the urine color for hydration.
    Great tip on exercise before tests - it wouldn't have crossed my mind. I'll make sure to not do so before my next test.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe I've improved my fasting blood glucose levels.
    For a few weeks now, I've been periodically checking my blood glucose levels in the morning and evenings at times (a few hours after a meal), consistently resulting in a 99 mg/dl.
    However, this morning, I showed a reading 79 mg/dl
    A sign that my Adrenals are improving? I hope so
    Last edited by silverstrand; 09-10-2015 at 12:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a suspicion that my sleep issues are related to my digestive track. I'm thinking that the lack of thyroid function doesn't provide enough power to keep food processing correctly throughout the night. I then get a cortisol/adrenaline rush which wakes me because of it, or keeps me from falling asleep. Also, Im finding my food undigested at times.
    My idea on helping this out is to reduce food intake at night and also take HCL tablets with every meal.
    BTW, I should have my next set of Labs late next week.
    My fasting glucose is good, at 82 mg/dl upon waking.
    Last edited by silverstrand; 10-08-2015 at 11:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my latest labs:
    There's a few items they didn't produce like Free T3 and Free T4 and some others I paid for so i'll be reaching out to them about it
    From what I can tell, my main issue is with my Adrenals, they aren't pumping out any DHEA, so probably low cortisol which is also affecting my thyroid. Additionally, my SHBG is high leaving me with low free test levels.

Question to you guys - Bio Available Test and Free Testosterone - whats the main difference here? My Free test is low but my Bio is on the high side.

I'll say overall my health has improved - I'm feeling better but still tired throughout the day. Sleep is a bitch but improving somewhat. Also, my sense of reality is improving - I think few guys on here will know what I mean. Things just seem more real, beautiful, exciting.

FSH 2.3 mlU/mL
    LH 2.3 lU/mL
    Testosterone Total 551 ng/dl (240-950)
    Testosterone Free 4.78 pg/mL (4.25-30.37)
    Bioavailable Test 251 ng/dl
    Estrone 47 pg/mL (12-72)
    Estradiol 21.8 pg/mL
    Estriol, Serum <0.1 ng/mL
    SHBG 44.4 nmol/L (10-57)
    DHT 121 ng/dL (30-85)

Pregnenolone 14 ng/dL (<151)
    Progesterone <0.15 ng/mL
    Prolactin 3.52 ng/ML (2.5-17.0)

DHEA-S 154 ug/dL (80-560)
    DHEA 1.86 ng/mL (1.8-12.50)
    Free Cortisol .15 ug/dL

Vitamin D Total 43.2 ng/mL (>30-100) (this surprises me because I'm taking 5000 iu daily) - thought it'd be higher

Total T4 6.6 ug/dL (4.5-12.5)
    T3 Reverse 12.6 ng/dL (9.2-24.1)
    T3 Uptake 28% (22-35)
    T7 (FTI)(Calc.) 1.8 Index (1.0-4.4)
    TSH (3rd gener.) .549 ulU/mL (.340-5.6)
    Thyrogl.Auto Abs <20.0 IU/mL (<40)
    TPO Antibody <10.0 IU/mL (<35)

Cholesterol 181 mg/dL (135-200)
    HDL Cholesterol 74 mg/dL (>40)
    LDL Cholesterol 99 mg/dL (<100)
    CHOL/HDL Risk RT 2.4
    VLDL 8 mg/dL (0-40)
    Triglycerides 42 mg/dL (<150)

Total Protein 7.9 g/dL (6.0-8.3)
    Albumin 5.2 g/dL (3.5-5.5)
    Globulin (Calc.) 2.7 g/dL (2.0-4.0)
    A/G Ratio (Calc.) 1.9 Ratio (1.1-2.5)
    LDH 127 IU/L (80-225)
    AST (SGOT) 21 IU/L (1-40)
    ALT (SGPT) 19 IU/L (5-45)
    ALK.Phosphate 56 IU/L (30-125)
    Bilirubin Total 1 mg/dL (.1-1.4)
    Glucose 80 mg/dL (65-99)
    Uric Acid 4.0 mg/dL (2.0-7.2)
    Calcium 10.2 mg/dL (8.3-10.5)
    Phosphorus 303 mg/dL (2.0-4.9)
    Chloride 104 mEq/L (96-110)
    CO2 27 mEq/L (15-35)
    Sodium 141 mEq/L (135-155)
    Potassium 4.0 mEq/L (3.5-5.5)
    Anion GAP (Calc.) 10 (0-25)
    Bun 15 mg/dL (6-25)
    Creatinine .9 mg/dL (.5-1.3)
    Bun/Creat (Calc.) 17 Ratio (7-30)
    Male GFR Calc 103 (>60)
    Last edited by silverstrand; 10-19-2015 at 05:31 PM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bump the vit D to 10,000 iu's for a few months. Considering just a half hour or so in the summer sun produces about 20,000, there is no way you can OD on it.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Bump the vit D to 10,000 iu's for a few months. Considering just a half hour or so in the summer sun produces about 20,000, there is no way you can OD on it.
    Ok, will do!
    I live in So-Cal so I make it out in the sun often; so yeah, surprised me. With winter rolling in, its even more important.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not a DHT problem. This is an estrogen issue. This is an educated guess as mosto things are with this shit but I know how to fix me. Jel, if you are around, I'd like to run this by you.
    Last edited by silverstrand; 10-23-2015 at 05:12 AM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Free test. is a completely free and unbound testosterone, bioavailable test. is free test+ testosterone bound to albumin (which is supposed to unbound very easily so its considered as very available)

It takes while to top up vitamin d levels, if you continue with 5000 IU daily it may take you few more months to get desired level, benefit of it is thart you will know your exact requirement of vitamin d, you can increase dosage even multiply it which will bring levels up much faster, downside is it will take lot longer time to adjust dosage
    Another option is to have higher dose in winter than in summer, and sun is defintely best source of vitamin d

Overall, bloodwork does show signs of improvement,
    thyroid antibodies are in range so you most likely dont have any autoimune disease, which also means that you can supplement with iodine straight away and also add selenium, vitamic
    you need to check ferritin levels if low than maybe some iron would help

And would suggest adding some pregnenolone, wold start with 50-100 mg (oral) and in few months see what it does

Estrogens seems ok at the moment,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Free test. is a completely free and unbound testosterone, bioavailable test. is free test+ testosterone bound to albumin (which is supposed to unbound very easily so its considered as very available)

It takes while to top up vitamin d levels, if you continue with 5000 IU daily it may take you few more months to get desired level, benefit of it is thart you will know your exact requirement of vitamin d, you can increase dosage even multiply it which will bring levels up much faster, downside is it will take lot longer time to adjust dosage
    Another option is to have higher dose in winter than in summer, and sun is defintely best source of vitamin d

Overall, bloodwork does show signs of improvement,
    thyroid antibodies are in range so you most likely dont have any autoimune disease, which also means that you can supplement with iodine straight away and also add selenium, vitamic
    you need to check ferritin levels if low than maybe some iron would help

And would suggest adding some pregnenolone, wold start with 50-100 mg (oral) and in few months see what it does

Estrogens seems ok at the moment,
    Thanks Jel,

I will up the pregnenolone as I started using 15mg topically and it has done some good mentally. I'm thinking it'd be easier to take orally if I use 50 to 100 mg.

Here are my thoughts and maybe you can tell me if I'm wrong in my thinking:

I've had a hell of a time sleeping until late last week when I added 12.5 mgs of aromasin daily. I was coming off aromasin and andractrim from my last test so i believe the increase in estrogen is coming from slowly rebuilding amounts of aromatase. I think my main issue is estrogen and that its converting all my adrenal hormones. For instance, where is all that estrogen coming from - my free test is at rock bottom. My DHEA, Pregnenolone, and Progesterone levels are also rock bottom. I get this feeling that my estrogen is eating up my DHEA and since I have so little at this time, its keeping my estrogen in check.