User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 hossam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any suggestions to avoid possible Spinal Disc injury?

I torn my lower back muscle 3 days ago and after X ray the doctor
    informed me that i am 90% close to Spinal disc injury and informed
    me to stop lifting heavy weights while standing and do seated workouts only
    with light weight.

is there any peptides, AS or any other supplement - herb to help cure the issue to avoid the surgery ?

PS : my knowledge in peptides is none

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to gear about your problems bro'
    I'm not best person to answer questions on spinal disc injury but there are some people here with lot of experience and knowledge so hopefully they will join in discussion,
    I can answer any question about peptides, try to read some older threads in peptides/gh section and then ask whatever you wish
    in summary peptides raise GH which does help, but result vary from person to person, but moderate dose has a benefits and is not really harmful

Administrator Feedback Score 1 (100%) SoCal-Nutrition's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also, very sorry to hear about this! Good luck, and let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

unfortunately, I lack the knowledge to really help you here.
    www.SoCal-Nutrition.com
    Use Coupon code SWOLE5 to save 5% on all orders
    Prescription Nutrition Now Available!

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Eric Potratz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hossam View Post
    with light weight.

is there any peptides, AS or any other supplement - herb to help cure the issue to avoid the surgery ?

Hossam,

Regarding anabolics, maintaining high physiological androgen levels will help speed recovery. However, supraphysiological levels can impede recovery in the long run from disorderly fibroblast and collagen proliferation. So testosterone or testosterone + nandrolone in the 800-1400 ng/dL range is best for recovery of musculoskeletal injury. Estrogen should be kept within the normal range.

Assuming you have disk degeneration I would suggest a high quality proteoglycan/glycosaminoglycan supplement like Cardillade (1 g/day) to help disk regeneration. Egg shell membrane has some human research behind it for joint discomfort and presumably will help rebuild the disk. Also New Chapter makes a great anti inflammatory Zyflamend which may help with some of the discomfort.

I hope this helps.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Eric! Zyflamend looks good, I looked into it last night seems good for my recovery and brutal PT to walk again.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    with light weight.

I wish i didn't know about this, but i do as a result of breaking my back 20 years ago and i have almost complete disc degeneration on 3 discs around L4,L5.

First up, you refer to 90% close to disc injury, which is not giving any info at all. That could mean the doc sees a muscle injury and personally feels that the disc will herniate if you continue to workout etc. Or you could be saying that the disc is 90% degenerated.

I am assuming the former is the case as that is how it reads. If this is the case, then as with all back injuries, you need to keep active, but not by lifting heavy ass weights, just go about your business, and walk alot until your back feels pain free, then start lifting weights gradually and build up. Just common sense stuff really. Once your muscles are back in shape you can go back to your old ways but ensure you keep good posture and don't be lifting weights you know are too heavy for you (ie that make you cause momentum to lift rather than using good posture and muscle strength)

If you have damaged your disc, then that is different, if it is herniated, then you forget weights for minimum 3 months and if you are lucky it will heal - walk, walk and walk some more.

Don't worry, as worrying is the enemy of healing hormones like T, GH etc. and anyway, it sounds like you have nothing to worry about. Optimise T and GH by all means via isolated workouts of other muscle groups and cycling T boosting herbs if you wish, but your body knows how to heal muscle tears. Chondroitin and Glucosomine supplements are said to be helpful to maintain disc/cartilage/bone, however you have a muscle injury, so i really don't see the point of taking it.

Just to put your issues in perspective. My L5 vertebrae shifted an inch backwards and is locked there by scar tissue, the discs around it look like completely flat tyes and it's been like that for the best part of 15 years. I still lift weights, kite surf, walk and mostly i am pain free - mainly because i am active and don't worry about it, nor do i take pain killing drugs - all of that shit creates pain and more worry.

Common sense wins in 99% of all situations bro.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 hossam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes English, walking is very useful for this injury,
    just a quick update for anyone who will be looking for the same problem in the future:
    Thanks to Eric's advice, i used the following:

1- Test E 500 mg + Nandrolone 200 mg a week for 16 weeks ( not yet finished)
    2- Egg shell membrane daily none stop
    3- Zyflamend daily
    4- Glucosamine daily
    5- Curcumin daily
    6- Collagen Advanced Formula
    7- Fish oil
    8- Multi vitamin

Recovery from the torn muscle was fast, after 3 weeks the pain has subsided
    and i feel very much better now, training light weights seated only and i will avoid any workout that will effect my back , swimming and walking is very helpful
    after i finish the current cycle i will begin a new treatment with injecting bee venom next to the disc area under the skin
    lots of people did it in Egypt and they are as good as new! they say the only problem it is very painful injection.
    i will update after using it.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 somm's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes English, walking is very useful for this injury,
    just a quick update for anyone who will be looking for the same problem in the future:
    Thanks to Eric's advice, i used the following:

1- Test E 500 mg + Nandrolone 200 mg a week for 16 weeks ( not yet finished)
    2- Egg shell membrane daily none stop
    3- Zyflamend daily
    4- Glucosamine daily
    5- Curcumin daily
    6- Collagen Advanced Formula
    7- Fish oil
    8- Multi vitamin

Recovery from the torn muscle was fast, after 3 weeks the pain has subsided
    and i feel very much better now, training light weights seated only and i will avoid any workout that will effect my back , swimming and walking is very helpful
    after i finish the current cycle i will begin a new treatment with injecting bee venom next to the disc area under the skin
    lots of people did it in Egypt and they are as good as new! they say the only problem it is very painful injection.
    i will update after using it.
    Any updates on the injections? A little early for updates probably,
    but i'm curious to see if its working for you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a good quality back brace as well. Obviously this will only make a big difference if it's a disk in your lower back. If its the l4,l5 or l6 region wear the back brace before the disk gets damaged. This could possible end up being the difference as far as if your disk even ends up becoming "buldged" or not in the future. Also you may want to consider pushing for a MRI to get a better idea as to if your doctors opinion is correct or not. Because my l4 is buldged and because it has caused me severe sciatica I have done a pretty good amount of research on this subject.

Honestly your doctor can tell very little about the status/health of your disks by looking at a regular x-Ray image and like English mentioned he's pretty much giving you his opinion about what he's assuming based on your current injury.

Back exercises and wearing a back brace every day has cured 75 percent of my back pain and sciatica. If I had the chance I would have done both of these things before hand and I probable would have avoided the disk injury all together.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've also found light inversion therapy to be of great help with this issue as well.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"