User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Antaeus Labs PSyche

Our new ergogenic/nootropic PSyche is available now.

Antaeus Labs PSyche is a mood- and energy-enhancement supplement - a stimulant that defies categorization. Part ergogen, part nootropic, it's a caffeine-based pick-me-up that will enhance your work day and/or your workouts.

For years mankind has dreamed of clean energy, and now that dream has been realized - no, not the as-yet-unfulfilled promise of renewables like wind and wave power, but a clean-feeling boost to productivity and work capacity. And now it's here: PSyche.

It's finally time to say goodbye to jittery, cracked out feelings of anxiety and tension caused by pre-workout products often laced with quasi-legal stimulants, and say hello to a pick-me-up that will reinvigorate your energy levels and mood to help you achieve peak physical and mental performance.

The ingredients in PSyche (either alone or in combination) have been found to:

• Increase lean body mass
    • Improve strength
    • Heighten awareness
    • Boost cognition
    • Reduce the perception of fatigue
    • Improve mood
    • Speed up recovery
    • Combat exercise-induced stress
    • Prevent muscle soreness
    • Improve well-being

PSyche contains only efficacious doses of the following naturally-occurring ingredients:

• Caffeine
    • Ornithine
    • Phosphatidylserine

Caffeine is probably the most studied ergogenic aid of all time, and is a staple in the lives of most people, whether used as part of a pre-workout powder, energy drinks, tablets, or your morning coffee.
    Caffeine is a powerful stimulant and vasoconstrictor shown to increase endurance in both aerobic and anaerobic exercise, improve power output and training volume while reducing fatigue and perceived exertion. One study demonstrated that caffeine used before a workout can cause a greater increase in testosterone than exercise alone. [1]

L-Ornithine is an amino acid produced from arginine that facilitates the urea cycle and promotes the release of growth hormone. Exercise causes the accumulation of ammonia in the blood, brain and muscle, which contributes to muscular fatigue. [2] Ornithine supplementation activates the urea cycle, promoting the excretion of ammonia and reducing fatigue during prolonged exercise. [3] Ornithine has been found to be synergistic with caffeine in improving mood and energy levels, when tested in office workers. [4]

Phosphatidylserine is a phospholipid that maintains human cell membranes, which is particularly important in the brain where it is vital for cognitive function. Research suggests that supplemental PS may improve both cognitive abilities (typically observed in the context of pre-existing impairments), and physical performance. Enhanced endurance, improved attention, better accuracy, and reduced stress have all been observed in those supplementing with PS.

One supplement that has been making headlines in the past year or so is phosphatidic acid (PA), after a study showed that it can increase lean body mass and muscular strength by activating the anabolic protein mTOR. Looking behind the headlines, the same study showed that phosphatidylserine (PS) has the same mTOR-activating effect. [5] In cell culture tests, phosphatidylserine elevated mTOR signaling 558%.

Like caffeine, PS can also increase the testosterone-raising effect of exercise. [6] Unlike caffeine, PS doesn't result in an increase in cortisol - in fact it blunts the exercise-induced elevation of cortisol. One small study showed an increase in testosterone of 37% and drop in cortisol of 35% relative to controls. When PS is combined with caffeine, studies have found improvements in post-workout mood, and reductions in the perception of fatigue. [7]

Unlike many low-quality products - often containing 5% phosphatidylserine or less - PSyche uses a high quality ultra-pure lecithin extract containing 50% phosphatidylserine.

Antaeus Labs PSyche uses the most synergistic blend of proven performance boosters that are sure to help you achieve and exceed your goals, whether they're in the gym, on the pitch, at college or at work. Get a mental and physical edge with Antaeus Labs PSyche.

The recommended dose of this product contains about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. Limit the use of caffeine-containing medications, foods, or beverages while taking this product because too much caffeine may cause effects including nervousness, irritability, and sleeplessness. Keep away from children.

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

References:
    1. Beaven, C. M. et al. Dose effect of caffeine on testosterone and cortisol responses to resistance exercise. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 18, 131–141 (2008).
    2. Mutch, B. J. & Banister, E. W. Ammonia metabolism in exercise and fatigue: a review. Med Sci Sports Exerc 15, 41–50 (1983).
    3. Sugino, T., Shirai, T., Kajimoto, Y. & Kajimoto, O. L-ornithine supplementation attenuates physical fatigue in healthy volunteers by modulating lipid and amino acid metabolism. Nutr Res 28, 738–743 (2008).
    4. Misaizu, A., Kokubo, T., Tazumi, K., Kanayama, M. & Miura, Y. The Combined Effect of Caffeine and Ornithine on the Mood of Healthy Office Workers. Preventive Nutrition and Food Science 19, 367–372 (2014).
    5. Joy, J. M. et al. Phosphatidic acid enhances mTOR signaling and resistance exercise induced hypertrophy. Nutr Metab (Lond) 11, 29 (2014).
    6. Starks, M. A., Starks, S. L., Kingsley, M., Purpura, M. & Jäger, R. The effects of phosphatidylserine on endocrine response to moderate intensity exercise. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 5, 11 (2008).
    7. Wells, A. J. et al. Phosphatidylserine and caffeine attenuate postexercise mood disturbance and perception of fatigue in humans. Nutr Res 33, 464–472 (2013).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll have Modular Series Phosphatidylserine out soon as well, so those of you who have been struggling to find a high quality phosphatidylserine product since Primordial's EndoAmp Max will find yourselves spoilt for choice.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 WesleyInman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by totalflexblog View Post
    We'll have Modular Series Phosphatidylserine out soon as well, so those of you who have been struggling to find a high quality phosphatidylserine product since Primordial's EndoAmp Max will find yourselves spoilt for choice.
    Where is this sold??

How would this compare to the old Axon product??
    National Sponsored Lightweight Strongman Competitor
    Prescription Nutrition Athlete and TEAM REP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyInman View Post
    Where is this sold??

How would this compare to the old Axon product??
    Antaeus Labs Psyche is available from the Antaeus Labs site now, and will be with retailers next week, and the Modular Series PS will be out in a few weeks.
    Axon was odd; people either felt it did nothing besides the expected effect of the caffeine content, or they felt it was the best thing ever. Which camp were you in?

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at one of my EndoAmp max bottles right now, showing 800mg PS per scoop (1 serving), it however does not show concentration.
    I loved EndoAmp but its hard to compare without knowing how pure the Primordial PS was.

Anyone know?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugnuts View Post
    Looking at one of my EndoAmp max bottles right now, showing 800mg PS per scoop (1 serving), it however does not show concentration.
    I loved EndoAmp but its hard to compare without knowing how pure the Primordial PS was.

Anyone know?
    I think EndoAmp max was 50% PS, the same as ours. The lecithin content was listed as "SerinAid®" 1600mg. SerinAid® is described elsewhere as 50% phosphatidyl serine powder.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think EndoAmp max was 50% PS, the same as ours. The lecithin content was listed as "SerinAid®" 1600mg. SerinAid® is described elsewhere as 50% phosphatidyl serine powder.
    Thanks, I didn't notice its 120 caps. So on a 30 day run its 900mg of PS.

looks good if you ask me, what's the recommended dose?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugnuts View Post
    Thanks, I didn't notice its 120 caps. So on a 30 day run its 900mg of PS.

looks good if you ask me, what's the recommended dose?
    I'd suggest 2-4 caps a day, with most users not needing to exceed 3 caps. Each cap contains 300mg soy lecithin of which 150mg is PS.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 WesleyInman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Antaeus Labs Psyche is available from the Antaeus Labs site now, and will be with retailers next week, and the Modular Series PS will be out in a few weeks.
    Axon was odd; people either felt it did nothing besides the expected effect of the caffeine content, or they felt it was the best thing ever. Which camp were you in?
    I didn't really notice it much, but I had clients that swore by it. I'm not a fair person to assess..I have been on ECA for the better part of 15 years, so it takes alot to really make me notice something. I do like adrafanil and noopept though. And I do like the Antaeus line, so I am sure it is good.

Will def spread the word about this...
    National Sponsored Lightweight Strongman Competitor
    Prescription Nutrition Athlete and TEAM REP

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyInman View Post
    I didn't really notice it much, but I had clients that swore by it. I'm not a fair person to assess..I have been on ECA for the better part of 15 years, so it takes alot to really make me notice something. I do like adrafanil and noopept though. And I do like the Antaeus line, so I am sure it is good.

Will def spread the word about this...
    And now I understand your super gnarly preworkout formulations lol.

100 mg caffeine solo can give me nausea during a workout.