User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) tallstraw's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

French Foreign Legion

Any of you guys know anyone who served in it? I'm seriously considering just up and leaving. Starting a new life sounds good(it's not related to the girl issue). Been pondering it for a while. I think civilian life is too slow for me, and there's few things higher on my list than making my way into the EU for a lot of years.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hank!'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about private security like Acadami (Blackwater) or the like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I'd like to ditch US citizenship. I don't like this country and where it's headed, so I want to leave it. This is seems like a way to get to a country I feel I'd like more. Everything I know from citizens, guys stationed there, and people I've met, rave and praise about those places compared to the US. Germany is where I'd eventually like to end up. Seems easier to go through France, get citizenship after my contract and then apply for germany. However I know there are other routes, and that this probably isn't even the smartest one. But I miss fast paced military life, and other countries aren't exactly letting prior service join their countries army.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 entropy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in the UK. Be prepared to be poorer than you are now if you move over here, stuff is generally more expensive... Petrol prices will get a vein busting out of your forehead until you get used to it etc.

Edit: When I say over here I mean the EU. Logically you'll either end up here, Germany or France.
    Cervix stabbing ftw.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tallstraw View Post
    Honestly, I'd like to ditch US citizenship. I don't like this country and where it's headed, so I want to leave it. This is seems like a way to get to a country I feel I'd like more. Everything I know from citizens, guys stationed there, and people I've met, rave and praise about those places compared to the US. Germany is where I'd eventually like to end up. Seems easier to go through France, get citizenship after my contract and then apply for germany. However I know there are other routes, and that this probably isn't even the smartest one. But I miss fast paced military life, and other countries aren't exactly letting prior service join their countries army.
    You speak French?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say New Zealand is a better option, specifically Auckland. Plus I think the chicks are hotter there, better weather, nicer ocean, and they've got moutains for Winter sports. London is the Financial center of the world. I want to get away from these guys, they control NZ of course but at least its on the otherside of the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstrand View Post
    I'd say New Zealand is a better option, specifically Auckland. Plus I think the chicks are hotter there, better weather, nicer ocean, and they've got moutains for Winter sports. London is the Financial center of the world. I want to get away from these guys, they control NZ of course but at least its on the otherside of the world.
    I'll look into it for sure

CD- no but they train you.

My pastry chef from Belgium that I visit every time I get a haircut I told about my plan today, come to find out he was in it for 5 years and we bullshitted for a while. He told me what was suggested earlier; to just go private security. Same shut but better pay and more opportunities for just about anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll look into it for sure

CD- no but they train you.

My pastry chef from Belgium that I visit every time I get a haircut I told about my plan today, come to find out he was in it for 5 years and we bullshitted for a while. He told me what was suggested earlier; to just go private security. Same shut but better pay and more opportunities for just about anything.
    If civil unrest gets crazy, it could be a double edge sword being in security services. On one side, you have a bunch of hopefully highly train guys/girls too, that will back you up but on the other side, you'll have to deal with a pissed off populace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pffff that's half the reason id join lol. You ever served man? It's hard to go from Service to no service for some people. I miss the fast paced, adrenaline packed life's style..civilian life is too slow and monotonous for my liking to be frank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pffff that's half the reason id join lol. You ever served man? It's hard to go from Service to no service for some people. I miss the fast paced, adrenaline packed life's style..civilian life is too slow and monotonous for my liking to be frank.
    Never joined man. Wish I did. My ex-girlfriend at the time talked me out of it and we were together for several years after that point. By then, my life was already in motion. If I wanted too, I could still be a cop. I have a few friends in LAPD. Some became cops after serving for the very reason you mentioned. They like it but dude, their attitude torward people in general in pretty harsh. I get it. LA has some real trash.