User Tag List

Sponsor Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frankenfish Wins Approval as First Genetically Altered Animal

Now that the FDA has protected the consumer with the crackdown of USP Labs, it quietly approves the highly controversial genetically engineered AquAdvantage Salmon. The FDA won’t require food made with the genetically engineered salmon to be labeled..

`Frankenfish Wins Approval as First Genetically Altered Animal - Bloomberg Business
    http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsro...ents/ucm473249

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is ridiculous. So much for years and years of clinical studies on the effects of ingesting animals that were created by playing god.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) tallstraw's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow...just wow

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its intentional, they are doing everything they can to destroy our minds, bodies, and spirits. The labels are there for now but once people stop buying this crap, they'll argue against labeling, making it even harder to spot quality over crap!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) nate3993's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah. its fucked up to say the least

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hank!'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinda of hypocritical for me to say anything based on some products I have tested. Truth is there is no proof either way. These fish are engineered to produce more of their own growth hormone and as a result grow faster.

Lets say a farmer has 6 bulls that were large and grew faster than the rest of the bulls.. He would selectively bred them with the largest cows, until all his cattle grew fast . Would that breed then be less healthy to consume?
    Last edited by Hank!; 11-24-2015 at 10:56 AM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Frankenfish Wins Approval as First Genetically Altered Animal

Quote Originally Posted by Hank! View Post
    Kinda of hypocritical for me to say anything based on some products I have tested. Truth is there is no proof either way. These fish are engineered to produce more of their own growth hormone and as a result grow faster.

Lets say a farmer has 6 bulls that were large and grew faster than the rest of the bulls.. He would selectively bred them with the largest cows, until all his cattle grew fast . Would that breed then be less healthy to consume?
    Technically no. But when I think genetic modification I think adding in genes of unrelated species to try and coax out a response physically. When you mess around with Genes on that level there is absolutely no way to tell what the downstream effect will be

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank! View Post

Way different scenario dude. Here you have cows being bread to support specific genes naturally to cows. Even selectively breeding can cause serious health effects to the animal - take a look at the extreme examples in dogs and their health related issues based on bread. However, even in these extreme examples of cross breading such as the super cows, Belgian Blues, I'm sure they are safe to consume if no genetic engineering in a lab was done.

With GMO, you can cross bread species. You could take a salmon and cross bread it with a reptile, amphibian, mammal, plant - take your pick. The code is corrupted. Take a look at the research done in England. Scientists proved that body can recognize chemicals such as pesticides and eliminate a good amount of it. However, with GMO, the body cannot figure this one out and eventually the animals that ate the GMO foods developed very serious health problems, including death.