User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alcohol on Estrogen, SHBG and the bodys general hormone profile

Would any of you guys happen to find some studies on Alcohol's effect on the body's hormone profile specifically, estrogen and SHBG?

What I'm curious about is the rebound time needed from consuming large amounts of Alcohol and feeling the subsequent hang over the next day.
    I rarely drink these days but I'm curious to how much time SHBG and Estrogen remain elevated after a crazy night out. Is it about the time the hangout disappears, a few days, or a full week?

I would think if partying reasonably, one could get away with maybe 1 crazy night a week but if that is followed up with lite nights of drinking, the damage could potentially cause semi-permanent up regulation of estrogen and SHBG?
    Aromasin for instance, has a rebound time of 5 to six days. Alcohol being a potent drug in large quantities - equates to how much time off to normalize?

I see so many people out drinking/parting 1,2,3 nights a week. Makes me wonder what kind of hormone changes they are slowly bringing upon themselves.
    Last edited by silverstrand; 12-03-2015 at 03:35 PM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can tell you personally, from experience, that since remaining relatively alcohol free, that when i do indulge, depending on how much I drink, the down stream effects can last up to a week. Not just from the effects the alcohol has on estrogen, but also the negative effects it has on sleep patterns. It all comes together to be less then optimal. If I drink once a week, I feel a difference as opposed to if I DON'T drink once a week. That being said, I am pushing 40. Younger guys can probably get away with it.

In your shoes, complete abstinence is the way to go.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) tallstraw's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt it has much effect to be honest. I think it might for people like you. But I feel like healthy normally functioning adults don't have that much effect from it. The lingering feelings I bet have more to do with age, than effect on endocrine system.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 entropy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends what is is and how much/frequently you drink. If you drink 10 beers, you're gonna feel a lot worse than if you drank the equivalent amount of alcohol from a spirit for example but really as long as you're responsible with your drinking I think the effect is negligible.
    Cervix stabbing ftw.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lets put it this way. I don't drink for the taste of it. When do drink, I drink to get drunk. Beer and shots. Usually to excess. In the context of someone who has been ravaged by fin. and are actively trying to recover, this will set you back an unreasonable amount of time. There is no way around it. These guys HAVE to stay sober if they want to make any head way

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I don't doubt it, it's why I said for you guys it probably matter but not for normal functioning male. I never feel like shit from drinking now and I only drink for one reason like you CD lol...Infact this weekend has been a bender of drinking and booger sugar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tallstraw View Post
    Oh I don't doubt it, it's why I said for you guys it probably matter but not for normal functioning male. I never feel like shit from drinking now and I only drink for one reason like you CD lol...Infact this weekend has been a bender of drinking and booger sugar.
    Appreciate what you have bro! Before I fucked myself with Fin, I could get absolutely hammered and still bust out a few heavy loads with 10 min. I never experienced wis key dick until this period in my life. I never drink now.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tallstraw View Post
    Booger sugar....can't deal with that anymore. Unless I want to feel suicidal at the end of the night and into the next day.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh fuck foreal? I just use it for energy. I never noticed the outgoing was or confidence boost from it or godlike feeling people talk about. I just give a little bit more of a shit about what people say, slightly. But I'm already really outgoing and pretty confident so I think that's why. i use it sparingly. Probably only did a half a gram over the course of the weekend. Like I said its just for energy and to keep rockin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alcohol is a problem for me too. When I drink I don't sleep well and everything gets worse I would say I get down, then up with a little bit worse baseline. I think this will stop happening once my T:E get back to normal.