Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
So you're basically doing a version of Carbnite. How was the adjustment to eating this way? I've been doing backloading for the longest time but think maybe I want to get a little leaner. This may fit the bill.
Yep! And for me, the adjustment wasn't a big deal at all. I'm stubborn as hell. When I want something, I put my mind to it and make it happen. The one thing I had to do, though, was make sure the fat intake was high enough to keep me full. Heavy whipping cream here and there to even out low-fat meals was one of my hidden little secrets.

Like Entropy said, I will do my carb night and may end up gassy, or wind up shitting water once because what I'm eating through the week is mostly all home prepared and I'm putting some junk in my body on Sunday, but I always wake up super lean and super dry the next day. I can't explain it. It's almost like it's some little trick to fool your body to keep your metabolism on its toes.

I know a lot of people will dismiss that theory, but I don't discount it given my own experience.

And thank you, Entropy, for the compliment. Alternating resistance days with HIIT cardio days currently and leaning out more than ever. I actually got out the P90x Plus bonus disc set that came with my P90x a few years ago that I was never in good enough shape to do. Been rocking through a lot of the workouts and loving it.

Needed a break from the commercial gym for a while and I'm going to spend the next few weeks doing this for maximum cut. Plus with summer coming, the added endurance is nice for when I do outdoor shows with my AC/DC tribute. Playing Angus Young in a 2-hour show is the most physically demanding cardio workout I've ever done, especially considering you wear a suit coat and hat for most of it.

Doing it in the outdoor summer heat is a real killer too.

As for my Boron therapy, Entropy, it's a total test/free test and DHT booster. I bought the Trace Minerals Liquid Boron and I take 1.25 MLs every morning after breakfast.

And Royal Jelly actually contains trace amounts of testosterone and other hormonal goodies, in addition amino acids and minerals. Rat studies have shown it may even help to preserve natural T levels during light hormonal cycles. Good, cheap insurance.