User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wes....just looking out man....you know phenibut isn't something you should use daily, right?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 4 (100%) QTip's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sleep product (gaba, phenibut, 5Htp, B6) sounds good. Sure you already know, but Cdsnuts is right, Phenibut not for daily use. What is the dose of phenibut in your mix? I like to dose it high and use it probably once or twice a month, just when I need a really good nights sleep. Might be interested in the sleep product -- like the ingredient profile. If anyone else is interested, PM Wes and maybe we can get him to do a run of that. I'll buy a decent amount of product...

Established Member Feedback Score 0 WesleyInman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QTip View Post
    That sleep product (gaba, phenibut, 5Htp, B6) sounds good. Sure you already know, but Cdsnuts is right, Phenibut not for daily use. What is the dose of phenibut in your mix? I like to dose it high and use it probably once or twice a month, just when I need a really good nights sleep. Might be interested in the sleep product -- like the ingredient profile. If anyone else is interested, PM Wes and maybe we can get him to do a run of that. I'll buy a decent amount of product...

Thanks guys. Funny you mentioned it, but yes I actually started capping up this sleep product and I made most of them minus the Phenibut. Gonna use that periodically for sure. I do know alot of people who use that instead of xanax and clonazepam for their anxiety and they all say at high dosages, it has a similar deep sleep groggy style effect, but similar calming effects. Truth is I was gonna run it at 125mgs for starters. I am not super experienced using it personally.

Anyone willing to share their experiences please do!! I grabbed some powders from Powder City just to make an inexpensive quick batch for two for myself. So far the products I have had from them are pretty solid in all honesty.
    National Sponsored Lightweight Strongman Competitor
    Prescription Nutrition Athlete and TEAM REP

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyInman View Post
    Thanks guys. Funny you mentioned it, but yes I actually started capping up this sleep product and I made most of them minus the Phenibut. Gonna use that periodically for sure. I do know alot of people who use that instead of xanax and clonazepam for their anxiety and they all say at high dosages, it has a similar deep sleep groggy style effect, but similar calming effects. Truth is I was gonna run it at 125mgs for starters. I am not super experienced using it personally.

Anyone willing to share their experiences please do!! I grabbed some powders from Powder City just to make an inexpensive quick batch for two for myself. So far the products I have had from them are pretty solid in all honesty.
    Phenibut, just like any other tranquilizer has the same problems with tolerance and then dependency. Thing is, with this compound, tolerance builds rather quickly. If you've ever talked to anyone that has ever withdrawn from a tranquilizer before, they will tell you it is the worst type of withdrawal....even over opiates. I've personally withdrew from phenibut and let me tell you......it is horrific. You take it to relax and then maybe get some sleep. Well when with withdrawing, you get neither of these. You become stuck in a state of insomnia coupled with ungodly anxiety and paranoia. There is a reason they tell you to only use this substance twice a week.....MAX.

I think it's a horrible idea to have in a sleep product......well....good but bad as well. Let me explain. It's fantastic for sleep, which is going to make it very easy to want to take every night. Someone who doesn't heed the warnings of proper phenibut usage could possible take this product every night for a month and then when they stop, they'll be in trouble. They'll get NO SLEEP without having to take something. Not good. Just like someone who takes a sleeping pill every night or xanax or any other tranquilzer.....they become dependent on it. Same thing with this stuff.

All someone needs to do is google the horror stories of phenibut withdrawal to see that it's no joke. Tread lightly with this one.

And Wes, I think you're going to need a bit more then 125mg to get a good effect, IMO. I believe you have to take something to sleep every night, right? Did I hear that correctly somewhere? If you're already dependent on something to sleep, I guess it wouldn't be as big of a deal, but to someone who isn't, and doesn't want to be, it's a really big deal.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 02-21-2016 at 12:23 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 4 (100%) QTip's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heard about phenibut from westside and elitefts guys (powerlifters) -- can be hard to sleep when your body's hurting from pounding heavy weights all the time. I've done a few meets and still hold a few CA state records in USPA, so I use phenibut at around 2000mg just whenever I need it. Only use it if I don't have to get up early the next day (pretty rare for me). Probably have used it on average once a month. Heard a lot of horror stories like CDsnuts said from other powerlifters so I don't use it regularly.

Makes me a little groggy (drugged out feeling) in the morning, but nothing that a dose of Ultimate Orange Juiced can get rid of!

Thinking about all this, probably not a good ingredient for use in a regular sleep product, but then again, never been a big believer in taking something regularly for sleep. Just for occasional use is probably preferable. Was a medic in the Army and was the same advice I'd give to all my guys.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QTip View Post
    Heard about phenibut from westside and elitefts guys (powerlifters) -- can be hard to sleep when your body's hurting from pounding heavy weights all the time. I've done a few meets and still hold a few CA state records in USPA, so I use phenibut at around 2000mg just whenever I need it. Only use it if I don't have to get up early the next day (pretty rare for me). Probably have used it on average once a month. Heard a lot of horror stories like CDsnuts said from other powerlifters so I don't use it regularly.

Makes me a little groggy (drugged out feeling) in the morning, but nothing that a dose of Ultimate Orange Juiced can get rid of!

Thinking about all this, probably not a good ingredient for use in a regular sleep product, but then again, never been a big believer in taking something regularly for sleep. Just for occasional use is probably preferable. Was a medic in the Army and was the same advice I'd give to all my guys.
    I also agree on a dose in the 1-2 gram range for therapeutic effects. Obviously use the least amount as possible to get a response.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 WesleyInman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will try the 1gram option and see how it works. Dont' want to use it regularly.

Actually what really works well for me I have found is about 2 glasses of wine prior to bed knocks me out and puts me to sleep for about 4 hours straight.

Ambien CR worked like a charm for me, but my doctor said it was habit forming and wouldn't prescribe it. Maybe a research company can come out with Research Ambien LOL.

TY both of you for the info. Good info and appreciated!!
    National Sponsored Lightweight Strongman Competitor
    Prescription Nutrition Athlete and TEAM REP

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyInman View Post
    Will try the 1gram option and see how it works. Dont' want to use it regularly.

Actually what really works well for me I have found is about 2 glasses of wine prior to bed knocks me out and puts me to sleep for about 4 hours straight.

Ambien CR worked like a charm for me, but my doctor said it was habit forming and wouldn't prescribe it. Maybe a research company can come out with Research Ambien LOL.

TY both of you for the info. Good info and appreciated!!
    It is habit forming. I've come off of that too. Not a fun time Wes, believe me.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 entropy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once a week on the phenibut Wes. Twice absolute maximum. 1.5-2g is usually the dose I go for but driving the morning after is unwise imo.
    Cervix stabbing ftw.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've gone much higher. I find the higher you go, the worse next day. I've used it very sparingly for a good 10+ years. I've used therapeutically especially on vacations for extended relaxation. Withdrawal does suck, but tapering helps.
    500mg is a sexual sweet spot
    1000mg is a personal sweet spot
    Above that and I expect to have a stimulant next day or I'm worthless. It's a weekend thing, nowadays. Like above, if I can't sleep in, I know not to indulge.

Ambien is controlled, BTW.