Quote Originally Posted by TubZy View Post
Not trying to be a dick, but spirulina is very high in GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid) which is a potent DHT inhibitor. I bought spirulina at first then read about it and I just stay with chorella now instead. If you handle it fine, awesome, but I would personally stay away. See below:

Another source of DHT blockers is Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), an essential fatty acid (EFA) found mostly in plant-based oils such as evening primrose oil, black currant seed oil, and borage oil. EFAs are necessary for healthy brain function, bone health, stimulation of skin and hair growth, and metabolism. GLA has been shown in studies to inhibit DHT-enhanced activity of 5 alpha-reductase. (4) In one study, animals treated with GLA had a noticeable effect on inhibiting 5 alpha-reductase type 2.(5) In the study, researchers investigating another compound that inhibited 5 alpha-reductase type 2 suggested this particular agent might be effective for fighting male pattern baldness.

5 alpha-reductase-catalyzed conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone is increased in prostatic adenocarcinoma cells: suppression by 15-lip... - PubMed - NCBI

The extract of Thujae occidentalis semen inhibited 5alpha-reductase and androchronogenetic alopecia of B6CBAF1/j hybrid mouse. - PubMed - NCBI

GLA Is A Powerful DHT Inhibitor
A lot of things that show up in studies as 5AR inhibitors (rice, resveratrol, zinc) I consume fairly frequently with no problems. I take Wicked Supplements' TocoCaps every day and it contains beta sitosterol (a component in saw Palmetto, which is what fucked me) and it does nothing but benefit me (FWIW, it's only 8mg which is small in comparison to a Saw Palmetto extract). But I was kinda this way originally because of my experience but I took the plunge on TocoCaps, Res, rice, zinc, coconut oil (all shown in studies as 5AR/DHT inhibitors), yet I make monthly (sometimes more than that) progress to recovery, and I'm in a pretty good place right now to where I rarely think about PFS.

The main ones I would avoid are: Finasteride/dutasteride (obviously), saw palmetto berry or extract/beta-sitosterol, pygeum, or high dose zinc. Those are all proven to cause people PFS-like problems.