User Tag List

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Difficulty Interpreeting Results ..

I am on HRT and use a transdermal cream daily in the morning. I also supplement that with some Oral EpiAndro and often some transdermal Dermacrine. I am also prescribed 50 mg pregnelone daily.

I did my tests in the morning and had not applied my cream that morning so my testosterone levels were lower than normal ( in two previous tests I had put my cream on the night before and was over the reference range and so wanted this test low so they don't reduce the amount I am to take). Numbers in square brackets afterwards were the results from May 2015 and Feb 2015 respectively

I am in Canada so different units of measurement than US

Estradiol 31 pmole/L ( reference range 0 - 160) [ 110 106 ]
    LH <1 ( refererence range 1 - 9) [ 1 <1 ]
    Progesterone 4.5 H nmol/L ( reference range 0.0 to 3.0) [ 1.9 4.6 ]
    Androstenedione 15.1 H nmol/L ( reference range 2.1 to 10.8 ) [ 10.6 9.5 ]
    DHEA-S 13.6 Hunmol/L ( reference range 0.6 - 10 ) [ 6.6 9.1 ]
    SHBG 31 nmol/L ( reference range 10 - 55) [ 52 59 ]
    Total Testoserone 11.2 pmol/L ( reference range 8.0 - 29.0) [ 29.7 36.8 ]
    Free Testosterone 248 pmol/L ( reference range 175 - 700 ) [ 552 643 ]

I think these numbers are OK but wanted to check with some of the sage advice here. I started taking the EpiAndro to keep estrogen down a bit and hopefully lower SHBG and that seemed to work. My test and free test is low in this results but I think that was because it was about 30 hours since my last application of cream ... previous results indicate my numbers are at or above the normal range when I apply 6-8 hrs before the blood work.

Progesterone, DHEA-S and Androstenedione are high but that is probably because of the oral pregnelone and transdermal Dermacrine I think .... maybe should stop doing both?

Any thoughts or red flags ?

BTW .. am ecstatic with my lipid profile . They tried to put me on Lipitor six years ago ... change to low carb diet and lipids now great

Cholesterol 4.66 (( range 4.2 - 5.2)
    Triglycerides 0.78 ( range 0.6 - 2.3 )
    HDL 1.51 (range >0.91)
    LDL 2.80 (range 2.2 - 3.4)

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may lower pregneolone a bit, as progesterone is getting bit too high. Not sure if you use HCG in your protocol as that may had an effect on progesterone, if you use it (which you should) dont take more than 250 iu per shot.
    Ideal progesterone level depends from person to person, should be near the top but lot of people on TRT keep it higher sometimes 50% or even 2X upper limit (as long as they have lot of DHT) as it keeps E2 in check and protect prostate, keeps people calm and usually sleep is better etc, so your level may not be neccessary too high as long as it does not interfere with libido.