Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New beard growth - why?

Hey guys,

I noticed that in the last month i've begun shaving higher and higher and the missus has started picking hairs from my cheekbone area! This doesn't much bother me but i'm a curious chap and after an hour of searching the web i see that lots of opinions differ on what activates greater beard growth and what makes it thicker.

The general opinion seems to be that DHT activates hair follicles (body and beard hair) and testosterone makes it grow thicker and perhaps faster.

The only thing i've really been doing differently this past 6 weeks is A- taking citrulline malate and B- eating sorghum flour daily.

I started eating more and more sorghum to see if i could raise DHT to a point that i felt the difference. I've definitely felt significantly more energy etc. but that could be from the citrulline which i've become a big fan of.

I'm wondering whether all the guys here that ramp up DHT with PHs experience these kind of changes in beard growth? This would obviously indicate that DHT creates more beard/body hair and confirm that i've naturally raised my own DHT likely via sorhham. FYI i've always taken sorghum, but only a very small amount in distilled syrup form with coffee. Only just started making daily pancakes with the stuff as an experiment.

Care to comment?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 WesleyInman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DHT compounds always give me hair growth and darkening as does added testosterone
    National Sponsored Lightweight Strongman Competitor
    Prescription Nutrition Athlete and TEAM REP

Established Member Feedback Score 0 entropy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Androhard is directly responsible for my being able to grow a respectable beard. Before I ran a couple of cycles of that it was kinda patchy and stupid looking.
    Cervix stabbing ftw.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 hossam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I became an Ape from Primobolan and Masteron

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, Pretty conclusive responses there. It helps me as it's pretty clear that i've raised DHT through sorghum most likely, as a December blood test showed my T and free T was already naturally high and i had no such additional facial hair. For anyone interested then, the balance of probabilities show that taking distilled sorgham as syrup is largely ineffectual at raising DHT versus using 100% sorghum flour to make pancakes or whatever (on a daily basis). This makes sense given that we already know the more a food is processed the less beneficial it tends to be.
    If others fancy trialling the same thing to make this conclusion a little better evidenced, simply make yourself a pancake each evening with just sorghum, eggs, full fat milk. I've always added some honey and fruit juice to make into a healthy but tasty desert similar to the french desert crepe suzettes, then report back after a month to 6 weeks. Might be interesting as it might be a much cheaper method of signicantly raising DHT (studies show a 56% (from memory) increase in DHT following sorghum supplementation)

Presumably naturally increasing AR5 expression through sorghum or other natural means will effect T levels too to some degree, but it could be upwards or downwards given DHT suppresses both E and the HTPA. Not sure about this - comment?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Androhard is directly responsible for my being able to grow a respectable beard. Before I ran a couple of cycles of that it was kinda patchy and stupid looking.
    Hey buddy, i remember you mentioning your beard came back but didn't know whether that was through your recovery or from cycling. You sound pretty clear though that its from AH so thanks for that.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 entropy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Hey buddy, i remember you mentioning your beard came back but didn't know whether that was through your recovery or from cycling. You sound pretty clear though that its from AH so thanks for that.
    Nah. I couldn't grow a full beard until I was 26 and had two cycles under my belt!
    Cervix stabbing ftw.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Grape Ape's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully all this epiandro will help me out. I rock a scruffy beard that looks good, but could easily fill out a bit more.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 WesleyInman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grape Ape View Post
    Hopefully all this epiandro will help me out. I rock a scruffy beard that looks good, but could easily fill out a bit more.

Add some nizoral 2% to the area daily. Let it sit on for 5 minutes and rinse.

Was easily available on Ebay up until last week..now the Feds directed them to remove all Nizoral 2% sales. You can get it in the US with a script.
    National Sponsored Lightweight Strongman Competitor
    Prescription Nutrition Athlete and TEAM REP

Administrator Feedback Score 1 (100%) SoCal-Nutrition's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe I need to try more epiandro/etc. I have the worlds crappiest facial hair growth...sometimes I like that I only need to shave 1-2 time a week, but if I want to rock a 5 o'clock shadow, I have to start a few days early.
    www.SoCal-Nutrition.com
    Use Coupon code SWOLE5 to save 5% on all orders
    Prescription Nutrition Now Available!