User Tag List

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Freepressright goes to the doc. My numbers

I'm not a fan of going to the doctor.

In fact, between 2010 and 2015, I think I went once, and that was for a contact lens-related eye infection. But, I've been devoted to my keto lifestyle for a little over a year and been doing my herbal regimen, with some mild interruptions along the way for things like stano and R-Andro RX. So, I figured, what the hell, might as well go cash in on my free "wellness" visit that Obummercare said I could get co-pay free.

The doc noted that I had lost weight since my last visit. I explained that I had my BF checked recently and was sitting at around 10%. He was happy. My BP the last time I was in the office was 130/90. This time it was 120/80.

The doc suggested that since I'm about to hit 35, he wanted to run some bloods on me. He asked about family history and risk factors and I told him that every damn person in my family lineage, save two uncles, are lifelong 2-pack-a-day smokers, drinkers and have absolutely zero concern for doing anything remotely healthy, so I couldn't give him an honest assessment of "genetics."

But a couple of them have kicked over from lung cancer, a few have had massive heart attacks (and kept smoking thereafter) and every damn one of the smokers had lipid numbers that were a damn train wreck.

Of the two non-smoking uncles, one had Cystic Fibrosis and ended up with a double-lung transplant and the other is a bit overweight now that he is over 50 but has none of the horrendous issues his brothers or sisters do.

In any event, doc wanted to check my lipids, my liver enzymes, my fasting blood sugar and I asked that they checked my test levels. Unfortunately this was not going to be a detailed test, but I at least wanted some kind of number for reference.

I told the doc I am a keto dieter and eat very little in the way of carbohydrates from any grains at all. My digestion has improved, I have more energy, brain is sharper, I do not crash after meals anymore, I do not have ravenous hunger pangs like before and I awake feeling a whole lot better.

My diet is very high in fat, by the way.

In any event, got my blood draw on Thursday and received a call from the office on Monday telling me the following:

Cholesterol - 140
    Triglycerides - 72 or 78 (can't recall, waiting on a paper copy)
    Blood sugar - In the 80s (can't recall specifically)
    Liver enzymes - All within range
    Testosterone - I was told by the secretary "Dave (the doc) says it looks great!" But she didn't have a number to give me.

For this reason I am going to go get a copy. But I am pleased as pie that my first lipid test came back so stellar, especially given the amount of fat I eat daily.

I eat bacon, I make sausage gravy with Bob Evans sausage and heavy whipping cream, I eat pretty much any meat I want to and make all sorts of high-fat dishes. After cutting out nearly all grains and sugars, save my one cheat day, I can tell you that I feel so much better daily.

I'll report back with more when I get a paper copy of my results.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freepressright View Post
    I'm not a fan of going to the doctor.

In fact, between 2010 and 2015, I think I went once, and that was for a contact lens-related eye infection. But, I've been devoted to my keto lifestyle for a little over a year and been doing my herbal regimen, with some mild interruptions along the way for things like stano and R-Andro RX. So, I figured, what the hell, might as well go cash in on my free "wellness" visit that Obummercare said I could get co-pay free.

The doc noted that I had lost weight since my last visit. I explained that I had my BF checked recently and was sitting at around 10%. He was happy. My BP the last time I was in the office was 130/90. This time it was 120/80.

The doc suggested that since I'm about to hit 35, he wanted to run some bloods on me. He asked about family history and risk factors and I told him that every damn person in my family lineage, save two uncles, are lifelong 2-pack-a-day smokers, drinkers and have absolutely zero concern for doing anything remotely healthy, so I couldn't give him an honest assessment of "genetics."

But a couple of them have kicked over from lung cancer, a few have had massive heart attacks (and kept smoking thereafter) and every damn one of the smokers had lipid numbers that were a damn train wreck.

Of the two non-smoking uncles, one had Cystic Fibrosis and ended up with a double-lung transplant and the other is a bit overweight now that he is over 50 but has none of the horrendous issues his brothers or sisters do.

In any event, doc wanted to check my lipids, my liver enzymes, my fasting blood sugar and I asked that they checked my test levels. Unfortunately this was not going to be a detailed test, but I at least wanted some kind of number for reference.

I told the doc I am a keto dieter and eat very little in the way of carbohydrates from any grains at all. My digestion has improved, I have more energy, brain is sharper, I do not crash after meals anymore, I do not have ravenous hunger pangs like before and I awake feeling a whole lot better.

My diet is very high in fat, by the way.

In any event, got my blood draw on Thursday and received a call from the office on Monday telling me the following:

Cholesterol - 140
    Triglycerides - 72 or 78 (can't recall, waiting on a paper copy)
    Blood sugar - In the 80s (can't recall specifically)
    Liver enzymes - All within range
    Testosterone - I was told by the secretary "Dave (the doc) says it looks great!" But she didn't have a number to give me.

For this reason I am going to go get a copy. But I am pleased as pie that my first lipid test came back so stellar, especially given the amount of fat I eat daily.

I eat bacon, I make sausage gravy with Bob Evans sausage and heavy whipping cream, I eat pretty much any meat I want to and make all sorts of high-fat dishes. After cutting out nearly all grains and sugars, save my one cheat day, I can tell you that I feel so much better daily.

I'll report back with more when I get a paper copy of my results.
    Good news dude, we all want to hear your actual T number though obvs. Also, you need the breakdown of your cholesterol numbers as 140 on its own doesn't mean much. My diet is very similar to yours except i'm eating sorghum (gluten free) regularly for DHT purposes. Otherwise my diet is pretty much entirely fat, green leaves and fruit. I am sugar free. My T was just over 900 last December and my lipid numbers were fine too.
    It's good to see this mounting evidence that high fat low sugar diets are the way forwards.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Good news dude, we all want to hear your actual T number though obvs. Also, you need the breakdown of your cholesterol numbers as 140 on its own doesn't mean much. My diet is very similar to yours except i'm eating sorghum (gluten free) regularly for DHT purposes. Otherwise my diet is pretty much entirely fat, green leaves and fruit. I am sugar free. My T was just over 900 last December and my lipid numbers were fine too.
    It's good to see this mounting evidence that high fat low sugar diets are the way forwards.
    Absolutely. That's why I requested it in writing. I'm interested to see it for myself as well. Was bummed that they didn't have a number to give me over the phone.

If I hadn't pressed them on what little specifics I was able to get, she was more than satisfied giving me an "everything looks great, thanks, bye" kind of phone call. I find that aggravating, but it is what it is when you go to a GP for bloodwork.

I have considered the re-integration of sorghum and just sucking up the carbs from it and not thinking about it. I doubt a 1/4 cup of finely ground sorghum a day in my protein shake will make a difference.

Interestingly, I was reading an article on boosting DHT over at Anabolic Men and the guy made a vague reference to a sorghum tincture with no details on how to make it or take it. I'm wondering if I take a quantity of sorghum, grind it up and soak it in organic vodka for a few weeks if it will pull the 5-AR-increasing constituents out in heavy concentration.

I wrote the guy and asked him for more details. Have not heard anything back as of yet.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 entropy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hate it when docs don't tell you exactly what your numbers and ranges should be. Testosterone values especially are totally askew. Looking forward to the next episode. "freepressright goes to the Grocery Store". The one where you give us an idea of what kinda meals you eat for that sick physique.
    Cervix stabbing ftw.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I really hate it when docs don't tell you exactly what your numbers and ranges should be. Testosterone values especially are totally askew. Looking forward to the next episode. "freepressright goes to the Grocery Store". The one where you give us an idea of what kinda meals you eat for that sick physique.
    Good job we know you've got a woman dude!!! He is looking good though - as an aside, isn't "sick" meant to be spelt as "sic" when getting down with the street talk? Unless you think he looks ill!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freepressright View Post
    Absolutely. That's why I requested it in writing. I'm interested to see it for myself as well. Was bummed that they didn't have a number to give me over the phone.

If I hadn't pressed them on what little specifics I was able to get, she was more than satisfied giving me an "everything looks great, thanks, bye" kind of phone call. I find that aggravating, but it is what it is when you go to a GP for bloodwork.

I have considered the re-integration of sorghum and just sucking up the carbs from it and not thinking about it. I doubt a 1/4 cup of finely ground sorghum a day in my protein shake will make a difference.

Interestingly, I was reading an article on boosting DHT over at Anabolic Men and the guy made a vague reference to a sorghum tincture with no details on how to make it or take it. I'm wondering if I take a quantity of sorghum, grind it up and soak it in organic vodka for a few weeks if it will pull the 5-AR-increasing constituents out in heavy concentration.

I wrote the guy and asked him for more details. Have not heard anything back as of yet.
    I'm thinking you should take Sorghum in its natural form as the sole reason you are avoiding it is due to carbs and if you make a tincture of sorghum you are likely to suck up the starchy carbs in the same ratio as the nutrients that raise DHT. Why not take sorghum after working out like carb backloading to remove/minimise insulin response. The other thing to consider is that i was taking it as syrup which in theory is much more of the stuff than i'm now eating as pancakes, yet i had no very noticeable response until the pancakes, at which point it was obvious with facial hair and additional energy.